Grandfather died from smoking

what the fuck is that supposed to mean.

grandfather died from cancer

Was he a rasta, OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=wDBvuGAZe3I

no i have been to jamica tho it was very butieful

Same, I never met grandpa.

did you meet nonna?

Yes, nonna died last year after months of suffering and years of depression.

my nonno is from here

My condolences.

Yes life is very hard

These pepes make me sad. These pepes make me sad for their creators. These pepes make me sad for you guys. What is it with this pepe? Why does it give me empathy?

Grandfather is a former factory worker turned self-taught farmer who loves his small plot and is getting increasingly weak due to age and strain taking care of it without any machines or tools other than a hoe and shovel.

He can't stop farming because keeping his plot the best looking one of the village is fuelling his pride and sense of self worth and virility, but it's also the thing killing him, and he can barely work on it for an hour without having terrible back and joint pain anymore, which he takes without complain because he can't stand to be seen as weak and old.

But also it's the daily exercise that keeps his heart going and keeps him active and lucid for a couple years longer. The thing keeping him alive is the very thing killing him, and he knows it and keeps on doing it just to go out fighting rather than withering in a chair in a home.

We can't tell him to stop farming because we all know he'd rather die doing it than live whilst looking at his plot waste away so me and my dad have to take some days off to come help and labour away at his field so that he can still claim to have the best potato crops to all his friends and essentially be the wise village elder.

They don't make men like him any more.

Memes can be deep and powerful.
youtu.be/aU4ehgnTjVg

same
he was literally the greatest person i've ever known so far
sometimes I still have dreams with him in them, and it's terrible when I wake up, think about calling him or something and slowly come to realise that he's been dead for years now

grandfather is nuts

alzheimer

Great grandfather had alzheimer, he killed himself when he found out.

Meant for

uhhh so he baits people into ascension???
such is life
could've just waited a while and forgot he had it

SHUT UP YOU GODLESS HEATHEN

My grandfather died when he was 26. I can't relate to any of this.

Because god lives in Greece.

>ikeby enters my thread

>Why does it give me empathy?
It looks like a retarded kid unable to comprehend why its pain never ends

Sweet and terrible. Life is really complicated isn't it

Yeah.

It's really tough watching someone go through something like this after a life of hardship, but I think that watching your family doing these things is always inspiring, and I'm sure that when he was my age he saw his grandpa do something similar. Shit, maybe he does this now because he wants to be like his grandpa. And so on and so on through the generations.

I think knowing that flesh of your flesh can accomplish shit is the reason of the WE WUZ and is just a good natural source of motivation to get off your ass and make things happen for you and yours.

Maybe they do make men like him these days, it just takes a while to curate them.

My Grandfather died around this time last year. He was 90.

I'll have a little wu wuz I guess. He was sick as a child. Some disease loads of people used to die from but I forget what. So he missed a lot of school but he managed to catch up. When he was 15 or 16 he became a Jackaroo. Sort of an Australian farmhand. Because he was basically out in the bush all his pay got saved and eventually went to buying the furniture for my Grandfather and Grandmothers first house.

He went to fight the japs when he was of age though I vaguely remember something about lying about his age or something. Was in the navy. I don't really know the details of what he did but he had a picture of a Japanese Admiral surrendering his sword that apparently is being held for me somewhere but it might be lost. Then was on a mine sweeper boat after the war for a bit.

He had nightmares about the Japanese until he died.

Then he came to Tasmania because, I think, he met Grandma in the war and she was Tasmanian. And went to law school. Became a lawyer and started his own practice with some fella whose name I forget. It was a different time. They used to employ women until they got married and then fire them when they did because it was now their husbands job to look after them.

He did that for a bit. Made a lot of money and bought a farm. He used to eat steak every night. The farm has since been split into like 10 farms or something.

Then he was teaching the Russian how to farm with modern technology in the Cold War. He used to stay in Yugoslavia and visited the Kremlin when Russia was still closed to the West.

He was an investor in later life and among other thing put money towards Crocodile Dundee.

He had many stories and was very kind to me.

I hope he rests in peace.

>He had many stories and was very kind to me.
Shit, yeah. Nobody ever loves you in the same ways as your grandparents. Your parents always love you more than anyone, but they also have the duty to teach you discipline, so there's always a rank-thing going on, but your grandparents don't have that so they just spoil you most of the time.

I know when I'm working the field with my dad (his son) under his supervision, my grandpa is always shouting at him to do things better or in a certain way, whereas with me he's always telling me I'm doing a good job, despite me doing a significantly sloppier job than my dad and being in better shape overall for being younger. But my grandpa always teaches me the same stuff 2 or 3 times if need be with a huge smile in his face.

Maybe it's because I'm his only grandson and he grew up in a time when it mattered, so in a way I'm his link to the future.

I'm sure wherever your grandpa is, he's having fun eating steak and killing Japs and keeping a gun for you someday.

For me it was because my Dad fucked back off to Denmark before I was born. Unthinkable to my Grandad hey. So he stepped in and was a huge part of my early life.

Its odd actually. My Aunty became a Japanese teacher. So in one generation my family went from fighting them to living there for a while and teaching their language. I think its nice.

Spieszmy sie kochac ludzi, tak szybko odchodza