Are Holy Week processions only in Spain and Latin America?

Are Holy Week processions only in Spain and Latin America?

Other urls found in this thread:

eo.nl/geloven/nieuws/item/nederland-is-god-kwijt-geraakt/
youtu.be/8jeL-kyBIEA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_date_of_transition_to_republican_system_of_government
youtube.com/watch?v=1iKPw0KYOHU
youtube.com/watch?v=wzK3yPqn7pg
youtube.com/watch?v=PAzGyy32Zi4
youtube.com/watch?v=TIm7Z-cHbqg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/René_Descartes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>KKK LARPers

wait

Don't Italians have something similar?

Man I love catholicism, I wonder if the orthodox have something like this

No.

No, we kicked the larpers out 450 years ago.

I think they sometimes have much smaller ones in some of the southern states in the USA, where Jesus was born.

We have them.

Protestantism is so boring, if I'm going to pretend believing in something it better have a pantheon of saints and angels

why the orthodox cross on their uniforms?

How do they tell who is in charge when they all wear the same hat?

>mouth
>that kind of wide, cheap looking hat

This can't be in Spain, where it is?

>17% of the Dutch Catholics believe in God
>83% of the Dutch protestants believe in God
eo.nl/geloven/nieuws/item/nederland-is-god-kwijt-geraakt/

Catholicism is a meme.

You will know who is the Inquisitor by the opressive psychological aura he emits.

This is in Brazil

>cheap looking hat
they are handmade, at least we can scare non catholic and kids with fire

So, Holy Weeks processions are only a thing in Spain, Portugal, Latin America, and Italy?

What about France? Isn't this happening at least in South France?

>the biggest religion is catholicism
>yet they still dont believe in anything
Really makes you think.

>83% of the Dutch protestants believe in God
>believe in God
>2017
No lad, protestantism is the meme here

Shit, Dark Souls 4 is really shaping up.

Pretending to be religious to fit in is the saddest thing ever. In that regard Catholics are just like Muslims.

Why the why the duck would I be atheist?
I am proud catholic, atheism has no purpose accomplishes nothing and has no meaning, it is the destruction of order and civilization.

Snip the tip?

Either memeing or legitimately retarded. Either way, cancer.

In some places the entire city is involved on the festivities, this is beyond religion, it's a cultural meme.
Personally I like the rituals, but I don't believe on any christian dogma. I don't pretend to be religious, I see the thing as a big social experiment, no different than amerindians dancing to the sun god, but very fascinating.

I wish some foreigners on vacation would dress up like that here, kek

Tell me what atheism helps and I will tell you what Catholicism helps, Catholicism creates a united community who work together for common cause as well as preserves culture has a literary tradition, preserves knowledge and were the primary scientists for the last 2000 years, catholic religion not secular states were the patrionages of arts sciences and schools all universities were founded by Catholic Church not secular states now fuck off from here infidel.

Unlike the USA the Netherlands was founded on the principles of the enlightenment.

As the first country to deny the divine right of kings.
The founding of the Netherlands ushered in the end of the dark ages. And the start of the enlightenment, where science and critical thought began to thrive.

What Semana Santa processions do you prefer?

Andalucian ones full of passion, music and ovations? (Sevilla one is the main example).

Or Castillian ones full of silence, respect, and devotion? (Valladolid one is the main example).

We were too it's just that out population didn't uphold it very well and was mostly made up of Puritan nutjobs.

Around 1572 we declared independence.

Although the 80 year war started at 1568.

Dark ages were ended by thousand of years of constant catholic progression, ungrateful fucks.

Zamora Holy Week is based. It gets weak millennials scared.
> silence
> darkness
> thousands of people taking part in it respectfully

youtu.be/8jeL-kyBIEA

They do. Catholics and Orthodox like their processions.

You retard, Catholics were the only ones advancing science, secular kings were too busy seeing how to get as much money and exploit each other.

It ended abruptly when we said no to the corruption that it spread.
When we started our own society that was grounded in freedom of thought.
And against the oppressive persecution by Catholics and divine dogmas.

When people like Spinoza and Descartes did their work in the Netherlands.

This. Protestantism just feels like a really shallow philosophy.

>secular kings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_date_of_transition_to_republican_system_of_government

Retard.

looks like a blast from 16th century
gives me shivers

Kings/nobles sidnt care about the Catholic Church.

Semana Santa de Valladolid: youtube.com/watch?v=1iKPw0KYOHU
youtube.com/watch?v=wzK3yPqn7pg

Semana Santa de Sevilla:
youtube.com/watch?v=PAzGyy32Zi4
youtube.com/watch?v=TIm7Z-cHbqg

Money gone to secular went to their bellies and evil money went to Catholics went into advancing civilization science and arts.

we get it too

They justified their power with biblical verses and being sanctioned to rule by the pope.

For some help to catholicdom.

I think you mean G*rmanic Dark Ages

End ofvsark ages came from the centralization of power of the church

How can other countries compete against our superior aesthetics?

hello brothers

Looks a little bit retarded desu

>going after either the altar or the crown

Pleb af

which dark ages?

Not really. When our country became independent free thinkers from the UK, France, Portugal, Spain and pretty much all across Europe came here to do science and publish their controversial works.

English thinkers like Locke. French like Descartes. Spinoza who was Jewish portuegese. And Dutch people like Antonie van Leeuwenhoek who discovered bacteria. And artists like Rembrandt.

Klansmen wished they looked this aesthetic.

Valladolid one is my favourite. It's very solemn and at the same time it looks like going back to the Golden Century
>All these sculptures from XVI and XVII centuries
>The Pregon de las Siete Palabras is a representation of Inquisition autos de fe

Don't talk to me or my wife son ever again.

you post what literally looks like klansmen

This is bullshit.

Christianity was the reason fuelling the discoveries which payed for the Renaissance and Enlightenment, even if reluctantly.

*expells the jews*

What about street carpet? I believe it happens in other places.

>the meme chart is bullshit

Even reddit knows this, there really is no point in saying it

>Locke fled to the Netherlands in 1683, under strong suspicion of involvement in the Rye House Plot, although there is little evidence to suggest that he was directly involved in the scheme. The philosopher and novelist Rebecca Newberger Goldstein argues that during his five years in Holland, Locke chose his friends "from among the same freethinking members of dissenting Protestant groups as Spinoza's small group of loyal confidants. [Baruch Spinoza had died in 1677.] Locke almost certainly met men in Amsterdam who spoke of the ideas of that renegade Jew who... insisted on identifying himself through his religion of reason alone." While she says that "Locke's strong empiricist tendencies" would have "disinclined him to read a grandly metaphysical work such as Spinoza's Ethics, in other ways he was deeply receptive to Spinoza's ideas, most particularly to the rationalist's well thought out argument for political and religious tolerance and the necessity of the separation of church and state.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke

We were pretty much a refugee camp for people who had some degree of critical thought. Which was impossible in other parts of Europe.

Locke is shit-tier, this alone proves that the Netherlands was a mistake.

>Despite frequent moves,[29] he wrote all his major work during his 20+ years in the Netherlands, where he managed to revolutionize mathematics and philosophy.[30] In 1633, Galileo was condemned by the Catholic Church
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/René_Descartes

Catholic church hated science.

But like it didn't though, and Descartes was a devout Catholic

>this post-protestant jealousy of catholic achievements

With the knowledge of then.

But he laid the foundation of the critical thought that resulted in the death of Christianity.

Those are spaniards though.

Klansmen copied the design, but we still pull it better.

The protestant achievement is allowing people to think freely.

Brazilians are worthless nigger chimps though

>damage control
lmoa

That's really rude, you should apologise

The only achievement of any Argentinian ever is spreading their legs to Europeans.

That's not tr-
>queen of the swampland is argie
mmmugotmeinthisonedesu

???????????????????????????????

>Mexico
I'm a follower of La Santa Muerte and El Diaboro, but at least I can enjoy the week off.

> muh KKK
PR*TESTKEKS OUT

>holy week

what's that

Semana Santa, mogólico.

And why do those guys look so creepy? looks like the burger racists

>La Santa Muerte and El Diaboro
what holy fuck you can't get more heathen than than desu

Kkk copied them because muh christ bit they also think they look scary. Bit cringey really

*invades your mosque*

yeah

*turns it into a christian temple*

>pshht nothing personnel mahometan

Santa Claus comes from the Dutch Sinterklaas.

And non-Dutch people unironically replaced Jesus with Santa Claus.
Our ultimate revenge on religious people.

stop with the autism pls

¿?¿?¿?¿?

I think it looks scary too, i'd shoot these faggots if they appeared near my house

>La Semana Santa es la conmemoración anual cristiana de la Pasión, Muerte y Resurrección de Jesús de Nazaret. Por eso, es un período de intensa actividad litúrgica dentro de las diversas confesiones cristianas. Da comienzo el Domingo de Ramos y finaliza el Domingo de Resurrección,1 aunque su celebración suele iniciarse en varios lugares el viernes anterior (Viernes de Dolores) y se considera parte de la misma el Domingo de Resurrección. La fecha de la celebración es variable (entre marzo y abril según el año) ya que depende del calendario lunar. La Semana Santa va precedida por la Cuaresma, que finaliza en la Semana de Pasión donde se celebra la eucaristía en el Jueves Santo, se conmemora la Crucifixión de Jesús el Viernes Santo y la Resurrección en la Vigilia Pascual durante la noche del Sábado Santo al Domingo de Resurrección.

Nice

How can Jesus compete?

No lad, your father would probably be wearing a mask with some other old fellows

Why not just call it tourism week though? This semana santa thing is bullshit

And you would also be doing this as a kid