I need help Sup Forums. I don't know shit about PCs but I still decided to build one...

I need help Sup Forums. I don't know shit about PCs but I still decided to build one. I binge watched YouTube tutorials and I managed to get it running. Problem is that my monitor says "no signal" even though I plugged in an HDMI. Any help?

Specs:
Corsair Carbide series spec alpha mid tower
Intel i7-7700
2x 8gb Corsair ram (16gb)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
ASRock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard
Corsair CX750M power supply

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1889/1.2433276/abstract
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make sure your monitor is plugged into your gpu no your motherboard

It looks like it's on

You can't see because it's too bright but it just shows a blank screen that says "No signal"

Sent :)

this common amateur mistake. I was victim to this simple mistake when i built my first pc

My GPU has a DVI slot but my monitor is only HDMI?

Your graphics card can't communicate with your monitor without an hd/ssd running an operating system (Windows).

I see no mention of either.

Just built a PC for the first time and ran into the same problem. Everything started up and the lights came on but nothing would show up on screen. My problem was that I installed a standoff in my case in the wrong place so it didn't line up with the hole on my motherboard and so that piece of metal was touching the back of the motherboard causing it to short and not start up fully. I took everything apart and made sure everything was lined up exactly where it was supposed to for the motherboard and then it worked correctly and I could get to the BIOS

that gpu should also definitely have an hdmi...

I cant help without dick pics.

Post a picture of the back of the tower so we can see all the connectors

Wtf are you on about?

OP do research. You'll figure it out. When I decided to build my first Pc I did tons of research before I even bought any parts. The building process went fairly smooth for me. Just do a bunch of research and shit. you'll figure it out. chances are its a sill mistake

You have no hard drive or operating system you stupid fuck. Throw it in the trash and start over.

Had the same issue with mine. once I figured out it wasnt a standoff shorting my motherboard I dug a little deeper and found out the kaby lake chipset in my processor wasnt compatible with my motherboard. Needed a skylake. If none of these other solutions work I'd look into that. Incompatible chipset does exactly what you're describing but I'm a retard so who knows

A standoff shorted his MB
Not that difficult to comprehend

is no one going to mention why the hell he got an i7 7700 and a 1060?

Fuck your motherboard must be tiny as shit, I have the same case and It caught me of guard, your gonna have to remove your graphics card and install/Setup your OS before you can use that graphics card

remove the video card and plug the monitor directly to motherboard video.

If you get something, it's your BIOS or the 1060.

lolol sorry, I just installed my motherboard incorrectly. One of my standoff's was misplaced and was underneath the motherboard causing it to short
this

Here's how it looks from the back

the top slot of your gpu, those are caps to prevent lots of dust, uncover the hdmi one

Dear god what is that fucking abomination

Maybe that's how he decided to spend his money.
Why judge?
Perhaps he was misled by a salesman, who knows?

We might be able to help OP but if he can't even build a fucking PC chances are he's not worth your time.

My cousin gave me his old one

I used to have this problem on my laptop. What is it is that your computer may actually be updating and for some weird reason it doesn't show on the monitor.

Try hooking it up to something that isn't HDMI, turn it on and wait a few moments. It shouldn't take over an hour (or two at most) for it to be on. It's probably just updating. If that doesn't fix it then I have no fucking idea.

lol now i get why u were saying ur gpu has no hdmi. take the damn caps off man. Did you do any sort of research on the parts you bought or did you just say fuck it and but a bunch of parts? You can't go into Pc building blind. You gotta know what you're doing.

Now plug in all the cables and then take a pic. From there we can assess if you're doing it right.
Also, you have a HDD/SSD plugged in already?

Lol fagtality

>Also, you have a HDD/SSD plugged in already?

No he doesn't. I don't understand why nobody realizes the operating system is the glue that makes the hardware work. Of course it will say no signal. The GPU is receiving nothing to display.

Hah, this nigga' needs labels so he can tell the difference between USB 3.0 and DisplayPort.

You retard, even the BIOS would display something, even if there was no HDD attached.

Those labels are printed on by the manufacturer goober.

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a Samsung EVO 500gb SSD plugged in. I will plug them in

Oh shit I had no idea!!! Thanks for letting me know that the manufacturer put them there, I never would have known unless you had told me!

Shitty wiring but will fix after, here's the SSD. I don't have an HDD yet.

BIOS should show at least, though

if the issue persists after os is installed make sure the gpu and cables are seated correctly, or try a different gpu

if these don't work continue to isolate the cause and learn shit the hard way like the rest of us did

Stop trying to cover your idiocy. Go suck your mom's tit little boy.

Try *ALL* the HDMI connectors on the PC, one at a time, starting with the one on the motherboard.

If you try one and it doesn't work, power down, move the HDMI cable, and power up again. Just swapping the HDMI cable with the power on doesn't always work.

Most likely, either the motherboard one will be live, or the first one on the video card will be live.

Once you can get into the BIOS, there will probably be an option for "start onboard video first" or "start video card first". Set that to "video card" and then hook your monitor to the video card.

Okay, I found this little screw in the box. Is that what a standoff is?

Okay will do

unplug your graphics card and get your PC running first.

Would it be lame for me to get a gaming PC/Laptop to just play Wow and do stupid shit on the internet? Will probably try other games but it would mainly be for WoW

The gpu should have both lol wtf

Why do you need a HDD?
Just get a big enough SSD what are you a poor fag?

Yes

Why do you still play WoW how fucking underage are you?

>I swear to fuck if I have to select all the clothing again

Plug it into HDMI, dumbass

Make sure all of those are lined up with the holes on your motherboard

I don't anymore I want to get back into it. I stopped before Pandaria came out. I have never seen another MMORPG that looks nearly as cool as WoW was back in the day.

not everyone is born a basement dwelling dorrito inhaling mountain dew consuming neckbeard obese american like yourself gg ez

It's bad tho now man, ship sailed

>all people that know tech are retard neckbeards
Yeah, OK

Any suggestions?

i know tech and can confirm i have a neckbeard

i also live in my parents basement

just not retarded. Not that i know of anyway

What's wrong with 1060? Genuinely curious

I work in tech and confirm most people aren't neckbeards

what you mean know tech? Like you can put together a PC that comes with tools and a guide?

Isn't that just knowing how to google and following instructions?

i know how to use google so can teach myself anything

Why the Mini-ITX motherboard in a standard case?

i also frequently browse toms hardware and am subscribed to linus tech tips youtube channel. Get on my level normies

plug the power cable into your gpu

if youre going for a 1060 you need the 6GB one, or your comp wont be future proof

also, miniATX?

i go in magnito mode when i look at dirty sites

If this is from mobo box its for m2 drive

>magnito mode

Just a low mid tier card.
It does 1080p just fine.

I've been looking into upgrading my 970 into a 1080, so i can play Star Citizen. Anyone here play it that can tell me how it is? Also considering bridging my 970 to the 1080

when you are athlon 64 7450/gt 240 yet:((((
dont have money at all:(((((((

If you want to play the actual release Star Citizen, wait for the 1280.

What processor are you using

"PC master race" my ass.

I've never seen or heard someone buy a gaming pc, and get it to work right away. It's always weeks and weeks--even months--of watching youtube tutorials or reading guides on how to fix XYZ problem. And when one problem is solved, there's another one, and when that other one is solved, there's a brand new one.

I'd rather spend 300$ and get an Xbox Scorpio, which will run games at 4k and 60fps.

300$ for a gaming console
300$ for a laptop

600$ total, for both gaming and for a computer.

Why waste 2000$ to build a gaming pc, and run into problems every other day... and that's if even succeed to start it.

Please be bait

have you fixed it yet
on your graphics card
remove the plastic caps
one will be hdmi
plug in there, reboot the pc

common 'problem'

Dude I got a laptop with a 970m and I've prob already made up the cost of it in free games.

Nice trick to use "please be bait" when you have no arguments to prove me wrong.

It's not 2010 anymore. The new consoles now not only support 4k... but they even go to 60fps. That were your most common arguments in the pc vs console debates a few years back. What can you say now?

The only reason to build a gaming PC in 2017, is if you have a passion for troubleshooting and solving problems on a daily basis.

well i game at 100+ fps

I get most of my console games for free too. Even if the original game costs 60 bucks, I just go to Gamestop and exchange it for another game when I'm done with it. And I do this over and over.

I can swap all my games with my friends, since they don't require a one-time-use CD-key like on PC.

P.S: If by "free games" you meant the illegally downloaded ones... well, enjoy your viruses! I don't know if you've read the news last week, but there was a cyberattack that was able to fuck up the ultra-protected computers of mega corportations. Now, imagine how easy it is to hack a single PC like yours.

Nice to see you've felt for a marketing gimmick...

Since studies have shown that the human eye CAN NOT see above 60 frames per second.

> cyberattack that was able to fuck up the ultra-protected computers of mega corportations.

Confirmed bate/retard

Only thing needed was a windows update.

The human eye is at about 25 fps, but you still see the difference between 30 and 60, dont you?

got a source for that?

Confirmed bait

cry already hacks window

bait or not its really been demonstrated we keep detecting differences up to about 240 fps
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1889/1.2433276/abstract

OK I know you are lord baiter but fuck off please. I'm an electronic engineer, I assembled my gaming pc easy mode and I play whatever the fuck I want. I even have plugged two P$4 controllers and I play FIFA as it was in the console. CYKA BLYAT

HDMI isn't supported without drivers most of the time. For.my friends PC I had to hook up a dvi connection to a monitor to install Windows and driver's.

make sure that the battery on the motherboard is charged, last time i buildt a computer happend the same