Is it time we admit that this was a pretty good take on the character?

Is it time we admit that this was a pretty good take on the character?

he looks like if Mark Zuckerberg got cancer

Not yet, wait until Dr Strange comes out, it's praised despite being shit and when the mouseshills leave then it will be the time

no it's not time

I think that this is the idea

I actually liked the character in the movie, but I don't think they should have made him be Lex. He was a decent enough villain who did a good job of fucking with the protagonists. He was charismatic in an autistic sort of way.
But he was no Lex. If he had a different name or was a spin on a lesser known villain I don't think he'd be as negatively received. The worst thing is that he still acts like an autistic millennial even after he shaves his head, so the appearance change didn't do anything, and getting Snyder prison raped didn't make him hard. He's still a little bitch, just now with cancer.

Best by far, regardless of quality of show.

This

Bryan Cranston could be a cool lex?

If Luthor = Joker, then yeah sure why not.

No.

I think its time we all admit that his *performance* was fantastic, but no this is not a good take on the character as he is remembered by butthurt comic fans.

Now if you mean this was a smart re-envisioning of the character for the modern day on Snyder (Goyer?)'s part, then yes I think so too.

Hopefully prison rape will set him straight.

Nah.

>tfw we wont see him team up with batman and supes in order to defeat darkseid

Nope.

>every single episode before the show went full retard was Clark trying to solve a mystery and ended up going to the Luthor mansion to get a lesson in history/philosophy by Lex while he poured himself a glass of brandy
>every single episode was still GOAT
why didn't they just stick with it?

As a big Lex Luthor fan, I must say I was impressed, best live-action Luthor so far

It was a terrible performance, one of the worst pieces of acting in a mainstream movie I've ever seen. "Mmm, ah, uh, mmm." Literally first year drama class "Ima weirdo" acting.

Is this part are the ebin Sup Forums hipster troll?
This guy did to lex what young justice did to the joker.

Is it time we stopped talking about this abortion of a movie?

No. It just fucking reeks of Eisenburg being called into a big board room full of execs who start brainstorming "You know, everyone loves Ledger's Joker. Do that but for Lex".

That or he tried way too hard to give himself a career defining role but just went full overboard with "taking inspiration" from other actors who are better than he is.

Nearly 5 months after the theatrical release and 1 month after the extended cut and there's still guaranteed to be at least 2 threads in the catalog at any given time.

But because Sup Forums thrives on shitposting and contrarianism it will never die.

No shit, look at all the people who pretend to like the prequels.

record yourself trying to recreate one of his scenes and see if you can get the subtle autism (only half-joking here) in his mannerisms and speech patterns down without looking and sounding like a total retard. Its harder than you think to fake being a super-intellectual sperg

But he DOES look and sound like a total retard.

Yeah but its a power kind of retard that exudes equal amounts of power and hyper insecurity. I still find it impressive desu

He took inspiration from himself a la Mark Zuckerberg but upped the autism what are you on about

it was good, obviously a set up to "real" Lex too.

>Bbbut he's suppposed to look retarded.
Ok. If you say so.
His performance would be a better Toyman than Lex.

I don't get why everyone keeps comparing them to Joker.

How are they similar? They have different ideologies. Is it because of Lex's mannerisms?

How long did baneposting last?

Autism.

Only good think about this show was based Allison Mack.

Did his dad diddle him as a child?

I'm a fierce Lex Luthor fan and I thought this take on the character was superb.

GENE FUCKING HACKMAN....

As an Alexander Luthor enthusiast myself, I clapped at this amazing performance of the character.

Was crap.

He was more intimidating and scary than any marvel villain that's for sure

you felt scared and intimidated by him?

Not trying to convince u senpai its a movie I don't give a shit, just sharing an opinion

Kevin Spacy was better.

>this shit was better than that other shit

Wow, really makes you think

He got superman to bend to his will for a moment without kryptonite didn't he?

Because of bad writing. Superman could have flown around Metropolis several times and found his mom in like 10 seconds. Batman was able to.

>Bryan Cranston was bald at one point in his life
>Great Lex Luthor guise :DDD

I liked the character, he'd be goat if he hadn't been named Lex Luthor.