I found a bedbug last night. I searched and didn't find any other bedbugs. Is this normal...

I found a bedbug last night. I searched and didn't find any other bedbugs. Is this normal? These little shits make me freak out.

Is it possible it was the only one that made it to my room?

Other urls found in this thread:

pctonline.com/article/pct1213-diatomaceous-earth-study/
youtu.be/8_JklVM_i6M
youtu.be/h3GHz9wzN6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is it possible it was the only one that made it to my room?
From *where* is the question.

it's possible you got one single hitchhiker.

if it's a pregnant female and had tied time to lay eggs, you're fucked.

It was full of blood. Fuuuck I checked everywhere and didn't find anything.

My fucking Tunisian downstairs neighbor has been infested home some months ago...

no. you are screwed. look at the seams on your mattress and box spring. little black spots, thats their shit, your blood. could be in anything wood, or paper etc near where you sleep. burn everything you own. not even kidding.

That seems excessive. Could changing the matress and bed be enough?

this.
exterminaterbro here.
If you really inspect your bed well for blood spots, at the corners and replace all bed sheets now without finding any more youre fine. Throw the sheets away. just get new ones.

I'm washing them as we speak.

Are you from Montréal?
If yes-> you are literally fucked by those little fuckers
If no-> you're still a little bitchy faggit

washing won't kill the eggs. It may remove a few, but some will be left and survive. Just get new ones.

>tells him to throw them away

>i'm washing them as we speak

Michigan fag here. Stayed at a shit hole hotel in Florida. Ended up bringing one single bed bug home with me. I freaked the fuck out. Figured there was nothing I could do but wait and see if theres more. Got lucky as fuck no more ever showed up. So it is possible to have just one.

Get an exterminator, save the bug, the chemicals they put down really work. Much better than any other option. It will let you sleep easier.

ur fuckt buddy

no bro, im entirely serious. your building is now screwed. you gotta move. if you stay you are gonna get nuked with poison every few months and thats IF your landlord is responsible. lost all my furniture twice and got sprayed twice. move. take only your dishes and your clothes and the clothes must all be laundered in hot water and dried in hot dryer before you can consider them bug free

listen to this Sup Forumsro

what the hell are you talking about?
his downstairs neighbour had them, whole fucking building is now their home. will be found in any room where people sleep

I checked thoroughly and didn't see any spot. I guess it was a lonely bug but seeing all these stories about infestation made me freak out a bit. Plus I love in a shity building with a shitload of foreigners who bring the back from home.

I had same problem. Buy permethrin. Spray it on bed, floor, everywhere.

Yep I intend to GTFO as fast as I can. I hate this fucking place

Washing won't, but tossing them in the drier will.

I'm hot drying them as well

Put all your clothes through a COMMERCIAL dryer. Your one at home doesn't get hot enough. Do the same for your bedspread, anything that you can take to a laundromat.
Have someone come to spray; it might be expensive.
Having blood parasites for the foreseeable future is a much worse alternative. I just got done with this problem and instantly cringed when i saw OP picture. I'm fucking sick of these bastards.

I'm normally the one to let spiders outside. You know, be chill and respect life. I have no fucking respect for parasites. Commit genocide on bed bugs and mosquitoes man, fuck that.

dont underestimate the power of the sun. I had them once, sprayed my mattress with bleach and put it out in the sun. brought it in at night (to keep the dew off). and sprayed it down with bleach again and let it bake in the sun for a couple days.

Worked for me. If you can afford a new mattress, get one and toss the old one. If not, do what I did, then get a plastic and fabric zip up mattress cover.

Buy mattress cover asap.

I'm doing it as we speak. I don't have one at home anyway.

I have to change the mattress in any case.

>Commit genocide on bed bugs and mosquitoes
Amen.

dryer will kill them. go buy diatomacious earth and spread that shit around. Harmless to humans and pets but slices up the exoskeletons of bugs and kills em

I just had the same problem taken care of by an extermination. Do you still freak out and inspect the area you're in any time you get a little itch?

The pest control worker came literally 4 days ago, so yeah I still get pretty paranoid.

I got them from my exgf, and needless to say they've been a constant shitty reminder.

I was already paranoid before because I had mites, fuck if it doesn't take the cake I don't know what will.

you can buy mattress covers that zip over your mattress and lock any existing bugs in and lock any new bugs out. Not cheap but cheaper than a new bed. Make sure you get the right ones for bed bugs, often pest companies sell them but they can be found on the net too

>they've been a constant shitty reminder.

lol thats what you get for dating crack whores

My bed needs to be changed anyway, it's ten years old and makes my back ache.

Mattress, in the wood of the bed, clothes, suitcases. Those fuckers can live in a lot of different places, and wont go away without incinerating them.

okay but don't get the new bed until you move or get the new bed and the mattress covers that lock out the bed bugs

I would wait it out, if you buy new shit now and it turns out eggs were lain somewhere else, you now have bedbugs in the new shit

THIS

bedbug gestation is 6-10 days, wait and see if it had time to lay, last time my home was infested, we put the larger stuff outside to cook in the sun, and threw the smaller stuff in a room with a bugbomb

Of course, it makes sense.

I live in a building and I don't have the room to do this.

i work at a hotel
i once took a washcloths and put them by my mattress for a few days
i then put one washcloth on each floor of the hotel.
they had to pay $3500 in extermination fees, and they still couldn't catch/kill them all

black trash bags in the sun works then, and if some fucker comes along to steal your shit, karma bites them in the ass in the form of bloodsucking bedbugs

Fuck bedbugs.

I had them once... and that shit is fucked up. I noticed small blood spots on my pillow, and I thought it was a zit on my neck or face that left the mark. Then I once lifted my pillow, and they were right there, under my fucking pillow! Full of blood, so they were not aware. Then I checked around my bed linens, where they usually hide, and I found more. Fuck.

Then I had to empty the ENTIRE house. Yes. The ENTIRE fucking house... put clothes in plastic bags, and wash them in really hot water... remove everything else too, so the exterminators could do their job. Then they had to come a few times, because they put different kinds of products.

This shit sucked so much. I didn't even know bedbugs existed before this happened to me. I don't even wish it on my worst enemies.

shit that sounds horrible
i was kid when there was some in your appartment, found them crawling under my back while asleep
i got paranoid for about 4 month, but they disappeared
bedbugs are really fucking faggots

The worse is that paranoia... When you see them once, you're fucked. Your mind will do the rest, and every itching you might feel during night your heart will start to race.

Fuck bedbugs.

damn that's severe, we brought them back in sleeping bags after a camping trip, only took a week to get rid of them since we caught them early, and everyone in the family got sick, those fuckers are bacteria ridden

>getting PTSD from house hold pests
I'm still trying to decide if I want to make fun of you or feel bad for you.

Was it a full adult? If so it laid eggs all those nights it bit you before you caught it.

Also those fuckers are great at hiding. Take your bed apart. They love to live in frames. Even behind the flange of screws.

Google the right chems to buy. Most are immune to the stuff you get at hardware stores.

Good luck. They are a nightmare. Enjoy having no girl want to come over and being covered in bites.

How did you pick them up from camping? I thought they lived where people lived, since they need blood to survive.

If I could give a single tip to any person here, it would be to put your backpack in a big plastic bag when you go in hotels, or hostels. That could save you so much time and energy. The extermination is such a big pain in the ass.

If you haven't hit full scale infestation yet, you need to act NOW if you want to avoid a very costly professional extermination. Buy a sack of food grade diatomaceous earth and pour a solid ring of it all the way around your bed. Then you need to thoroughly iron all your bedding to kill any bugs or eggs that are already in the bed. Over the next few weeks any bugs in the room will need to climb through the ring of diatomaceous earth to get to you in your sleep and will slowly "bleed out" as a result. If you let the infestation get bad, this method won't work any more because it takes a few weeks to kill them all and you're still getting bitten in the meantime.

tell your landlord and hint that maybe some neighbors might have a problem
you don't have to change the mattress if the cover does not have holes in it, bro... they are more likely to hide in your bed construction, especially if you have Ikea

I sincerely hope it was the single one...

But this here is good advice, I'm gonna get to it.

Bullshit. I stayed at a hotel at MEPS and bring them back with me. That power shit doesn't work. I would see them walking around the room covered in it. Kills on contact my ass

I had one too. for 3/4 months I couldn't sleep because I was afraid there were more and I didn't know when it was going to bite next. one morning in august I found it dried up and dead over a bookcase. bites stopped. slept again.

to this day I don't know how it got in my house.

the diatomaceous earth is bullshit and has been scientifically debunked... get the most nasty shit you can legally buy and spray it all over your floors, bed, walls etc

many of those products have residual kill effectiveness, so find one. It is more lethal than the earth bullshit.

Good thing is to buy those sticky tapes you hang for catching flies and wrap them around your bed legs. This way, you will have at least an indicator of how many are there. Plus it will get some fuckers.

Exterminators don't spray for bedbugs because they know poison doesn't work. They heat your house up to like 140 with bigass heater. And the "science" behind diatomaceous earth is that sharp microscopic diatoms stuck between the scales of a bed bug's exoskeleton pierce and cut through as it moves until the bug's fluids leak out and it dies. If this very simple concept and well proven method of pest control has been debunked "scientifically" you need to be the one posting the evidence.

pctonline.com/article/pct1213-diatomaceous-earth-study/

You've obviously never had them. I hope you never understand. Faggot.

Nuke your whole place. It's the only way to be sure.

No, seriously. Do it. And nuke the Tunisian while you're at it or they'll just keep coming back.

Fuck those things...

If you're renting, just move man. It's easier. Heat anything you're taking with you to kill them and the eggs. Let go of things. Use plastic containers to pack shit, they nest in cardboard.

Fuck it, I already had golden mites and now this... I hate this place and I hate my life.

I will surely move. Fuck this place anyway, I want to kill myself everytime I get "home".

>My fucking Tunisian downstairs neighbor has been infested home some months ago...

Then you don't have control. They will keep coming.

Move.

I had a neighbor who had them. Each of our apartments are seperated by a cinder block wall. They still invaded my place.

Hmm, interesting read for sure. So I take away that diatomaceous earth does cause bed bug mortality, but has poor effectiveness in the real world. The only concerns I have with this study is a lack of transparency on their application methods used and the fact it sounds like many of the test subjects had to drop out of the study in favor of professional extermination presumably because their infestations were already severe. Notice they mention observing bedbugs traversing a 1" wide strip of DE "dusted" coffee filter with poor results. The salt ring application method that I'm suggesting would create a need for the bugs to wade through the DE to get to a host, more akin to the petri dish tests where DE was applied directly to the bugs and 100% mortality occured within 10 days.

The problem with the chemical method is bedbugs are known to build resistance to various insecticides. That's why heat is the only truly reliable method of extermination on a large scale.

Hell, the little bastards can hibernate for up to nine months in subzero temperatures...

Test 2

Ya go get you some spray while you are at it and dry the fuck out of your clothes too. Better safe than sorry.

When they Fuck the male pierces the females abdomen which usually causes them to hide in walls/behind pictures and shit. Just leave man, unless you don't mind being eaten

I will say after having them, The only thing that will kill them 100% is heat.
They become immune to chemicals. Same with Flea's.
I only had to deal with them at my job as a livin care worker. I make sure my clothes got nuked as soon as i made it back home.

Didn't have this problem back when DDT was approved for pest control. Killed the right fuck out of anything.

Too bad it's been banned in the US and EU for fucking up the environment.

Man I feel bad for you. Here's what I HAD TO DO to get rid of those fuckers when I was broke:

Things I needed:
> washing machine and boiling water
> dryer
> big bags
> bleach and atomizer

Step 1: washed all of my clothes with boiling water, including sheets, curtains, etc and bagged it all to seal it
Step 2: looked for holes in the walls and ceiling, carefully without missing a single spot, this takes time, if I saw anything suspicious I would spray bleach inside the hole, sometimes the bleach would splurt out with bedbug carcasses or shit
Step 3: flipped the mattress and looked everywhere, flipped it again and looked everywhere, again, if anything suspicious or if I saw a bedbug, I would spray bleach on it (bleach stops them and makes them lift their tail for the pain they feel, sometimes they de with the bleach, sometimes it just stops them, either way, I would smash them to make sure
Step 4: flipped the base of the bed, looked carefully everywhere, I'm talking 1 hour here and there's no way out, I had to do this, then I would do the same with the bleach
Step 5: wash the mattress, this had to be done in the morning to allow for the air and sun to dry it while I was out
Step 6: this is the most important thing, repeat this a fuckton of times, maybe for three weeks, until you don't see them again, they gradually stop appearing

I haven't seen one in months.

Bedbugs all over the world are evolving resistance to the typical poisons used.

NYC(New York city) and CIN(Cincinnati) strains are even becoming resistant to Juvenile Hormone Regulators which prevent most other insects from becoming adults.

Use THIS Shit (illegal but a naturally occurring mold that kills insects)

This was first discovered to be the cause of a disease of silk worms, and is available as an effective totally non toxic means to kill bedbugs. You can buy a kilo of spores (2.0 Trillion spores) for a lot of money. Use as directed to prevent Thousands of types of food crops, except don't spray on plants, spray on your furniture, wall edges, carpet, beds, bed frames, etc. workers are able to safely pick food crops sprayed with this stuff as soon as the must has settled.

Photo related

Wikipedia
Beauveria Bassiana

You're pretty smart user. How did you learn all of this?

I like the fact that the only people who could die from it, are people with AIDS.

Likely had to deal with an infestation of his own.

I was just reading about bedbugs yesterday because my friend has an infestation. Apparently you can leave your place for a day or so and turn the heat WAY up, and it should kill them. Google "heat treating bed bugs". How effective is actually is, I'm not sure, but it seems like a good place to start

you need specialized equipment. your central air/heat will not raise the temperature enough to kill the bugs/nymphs/eggs

Can this shit decay on its own? I wouldn't want a house infested with deadly ever-growing fungus.

Space heater in front of air return?

No. I used to work maintenance for a hotel. When we had a bedbug issue, we called in pros. They brought in like four heaters per room, and we had to give them 240 Volt hookups to use because they each drew too much power. They would heat the entire room up to about 120-130, hot enough that we had to shut off the fire sprinklers to the entire floor because there was a chance they would go off. Then they would hold the room at that temperature for at least 24 hours, wait a day, then inspect.

We also had to pull all the outlet covers and switch covers off, because they would get in there and move to other rooms, so we had to make sure they got burned out there too. We then trashed all the linen from the affected room and had it deep cleaned. It was a huge, involved process that took the better part of a week each time, and cost us a ton of money.

Either you're trolling me, For which the response is fuck off.

Or you are not, and the response is "I'm 62 and remember when DDT was available and Readily killed bedbugs instantfuckly. Now people can't get it cause it's bad- which it is, so people have to use natural shit which works mostly.

Until evolutions discovers another plague with which to torment us. There are Way too many people, this creates a monoculture. A large amount of one species in one or many places creates an opportunity for parasites, disease, and predation. We need to reduce our population by these methods:
1: death penalty for parking violations
2: more nuclear plant accidents
3: nuclear power waste oopsie-daisies I accidentally the whole thing
4: war, lots of it, involving poisoning the wells and salting the fields.
5: Zero population growth master race behavior.

>Reply
Burn all your stuff dude these things are a pain in the ass. believe me, it keep reproducing in an exponent way and contamine all your stuff (clothes/bed sheets/ pillows...)

>leave your house now
>commercial wash a clean set of clothes, change into that shit in the bathroom,
>burn old clothes
>light old house on fire

It's the only way.

Seriously though, good luck, there's some great advice already posted. Don't let it get bad. A severe bedbug infestation formed in my home about 1.5 yrs ago and the stress of dealing with it put a rift between me and my family that's still healing.

>tfw when I wonder every day if my wife hates me for not acting decisively enough to avoid that situation

Also worth noting that more than once, the first heating wasn't enough, and they had to bring it back up (takes about eight hours), then hold it again. Also, when we had a bedbug room, we locked out the room to either side, and one room above and below, and had each of those rooms chemically treated while the first room was being heated.

Seriously, call a pro right away if you're concerned. Bedbugs can turn into an infestation so fast it's scary, and if you think it's expensive to have one room treated, try an entire house/apartment.

Used to have these. God DAMN they are a pain in the ass to get rid of.

Pick up some diatomaceous earth.

This is what it looks like when you are sleeping...

Fuck that shit.

youtu.be/8_JklVM_i6M

Yeah they get active in the night to go to feed on your blood. Shit is like a fucking wack. They can sense your heat and shit.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I need to go take a shower now.

Kill it with fire

Watch out, they'll crawl into your anus

Guys, please please please check your pillow or bed sheets for small blood dots. Or check your bed in the morning and see if you can see some kind of small brown shell bits. This is serious as hell, and you won't even know it's happening, before you get a small infection for whatever reason.

Here's another vid...

youtu.be/h3GHz9wzN6c

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One of my other neighbors (not the one next to me that tried to infest me) ditched a couch full of these things. I walked by the dumpster while it was out there and the fuckers were SWARMING all over it...

Fuck.

I think I'll straight up kill myself if I ever have another infestation.

I'm OP and thing is, I didn't find any spot. Am I safe?

It didn't help that it was 1am at the time and I was stoned as fuck, either...

That can happen, yes. Thoroughly examine your bedframe and mattress, looking for black spots that look like tiny sharpie marks. Wash and fully dry your bed clothes for good measure (put them in a plastic bag if you're taking them to a shared laundry facility). If you live in an apartment, notify your caretaker.