Opinions? Is cultural appropriation a load of bull or hypocritical or what?

Opinions? Is cultural appropriation a load of bull or hypocritical or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWFrkAjakE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's fucking bullshit. I'm a liberal artsy fartsy faggot too, but this is some over the top, so-open-minded-their-brain-fell-out, college snowflake bullshit.

niggers have never and will never have a "culture" they are animals that speak our language nothing more... case in point... the groilla in the San Fransisco zoo that knows sign language... if shes so smart why not let her go and give her a social security number and a drivers license? i'll tell you why not... CAUSE SHES JUST A FUCKING GORILLA!

yes ...

Search Results
ap·pro·pri·ate
adjective
adjective: appropriate

1. take (something) for one's own use, typically without the owner's permission.

Culture isn't property. If it is property, it's intellectual property that lies in the public domain, and cannot be stolen, because you already own it, collectively, with everyone else on the planet.

But, the next best thing to owning something is convincing everyone that you own, even thought you don't.

What I'm saying is, the Japanese are going to keep playing baseball, and I'm going to keep practicing kendo, and anyone who doesn't like it can go pound salt.

it's a tool utilized by SJW movement

there's no such thing.

I dont know, what do you think about this video?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qLWFrkAjakE

such bullshit. What about technical appropriation. No medicine for africans since they did contribute.

agreed fuck niggers!

Not my style of music, but they are decent musician.

Am I supposed to be upset they are not Jamaican? Am I supposed to be upset if I see a black string quartet?

A couple of white guys with dreadlocks in California decided to start a Bob Marley impersonation band and don the Jamaican flag and put on Jamaican accents despite not being Jamaican, or even black. Yeah it's a bit cringy, what's your point? Asian people "appropriate" White culture every time one picks up a violin.

its more the white dudes with dreadlocks mimicing jamaican accents and think theyre rastas. not asking if youre upset or not, just what you think.

I dont care about a black string quartet because blacks have been used for our entertainment for a couple hundred years. string quartets dont typically write their own music. plus, assimilation =/= appropriation.

I didnt have a point, I was just curious what you thought.
its clear that band is doing "cultural appropriation," I just wondered if it made you as uncomfortable as it made me.

I suppose it might make me feel a little uncomfortable that so many white people are getting less and less interested in their own cultural heritage and need to identify so strongly with someone else's. Makes me wonder if white culture even exists anymore. But that's not me giving a shit about whether or not this band pisses off any black people.

You asked what I think. I answered the question. You don't like the answer, I've got some salt for you to pound if you don't have any of your own. I'll give it to you.

/salt's pretty cheap, just like these "cultural appropriation" arguments.

I want to punch a whiney SJW in the face everytime I hear that phrase.
Fight for equality, acceptance, and inclusion, but then whine for segregated space, special priveleges, and isolation.
Fucking morons.
Right to the face...

ok in the picture you've shown... osiris... who is blue.... several Etruscan examples who are Greek and Coptic... also the middle guy there is Hindu and that black Jesus is a recent painting.... and Buddha there top left is Asian.... your a fucking moron... read a book

there wasnt an argument in my post, but ok, you can win anyways..

Not in the slightest. If guys playing music trigger you, then you're the problem, not the musicians. I'll let the people decide the worth of their music. If you don't like it, no one's making you listen. If you don't like seeing it, no one's making you watch.

>mayas
> blacks

fuck this shit

You asked a question, you got an answer. It isn't a contest, stop trying to make it one.

seriously if niggers where that goddamn advanced back then everyone in africa would be driving a flying fucking car and having their droid doing all their chores by now! niggers have no culture... no civility.... no reason or cause to adhere to modern society and never have... its why the Nubian civilization was destroyed... and why modern African countries are begging white farmers to come back!

>you dont like the answer, I've got some salt for you to pound if you dont have any of your own
I never said I dont like the answer. not everything is an argument.

>you win
>>not everything is an argument.

The only people who care about cultural appropriation are educated rich white kids that don't know what to be angry about it. They have computers and use Twitter, so occasionally the news talks about this idea because they have nothing better to discuss.

agreed... those black depictions of maya are actually attributed to the mayan demon mythos... to make it simple for the niggers to understand ... dey be da bad guys an shiieeeet!

its more than the music. its the dreads and the fake jamaican accent and the jamaican flag everywhere when theyre just white dudes from america who like to abuse marihuana. it is cringe.

ok, winner. you couldnt even get a full house you fag. go back to listening to your white dude caliroots reggae, you massive fucking racist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_culture

If something gets taken seriously enough for long enough it usually isn't 100% bullshit. That being said I think like most complaints made by sjws it only applies to very rare and unusual situations. Essentially, yes it's bullshit, but it could have validity once in a great while.