Is Miley Cyrus unironically about to drop an AOTY contender?

Is Miley Cyrus unironically about to drop an AOTY contender?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbr.com/hip-hop-consumers-and-retail/
academia.edu/428185/THE_CULTURE_INDUSTRY_HIP_HOP_MUSIC_AND_THE_WHITE_PERSPECTIVE_HOW_ONE-DIMENSIONAL_REPRESENTATION_OF_HIP_HOP_MUSIC_HAS_INFLUENCED_WHITE_RACIAL_ATTITUDES
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Every Miley album so far has been AOTY. Why would this be any different?

no

no

no

>gay rainbow meme

song is trash but go off

Na

no

nein

no she's ironically about to

>is this shitty pop star who has never sung someone else's godawful lyrics over someone else's poorly produced beat in a way that is pleasing to the ears unironically about to drop an AOTY contender?

Not to mention that cover, when I first saw it I thought it was an ad for a some shitty clothing line she was modeling for

When will retarded female pop ""artists"" realise that pandering towards gays kills their careers?

>it's an Anonymous likes someone in the early-mid twenties episode

lol this
name ONE (one) musical artist whose career improved after supporting the gay community

hmmm

Xiu Xiu
only because he (they?) supported it from the start

Well Jamie is gay, so it doesn't count

no

in quality? none. in commercial success? almost all of female ones. they, as a demographic, will support anything with female vocals that either a) has a dance beat b) is a ballad c) has really campy vocals. Streisand and Midler have survived almost entirely off of this.

Lady Gaga came the closest, but she always supported the LGBT community. Although many would say that Born This Way was the moment that she went full SJW and went downhill from there.

I don't care for your wanton disregard for the meanings of the words "ironically" and "unironically"

In short stop this meme, it's not funny and makes you look like a pseud

how wil she top "miley cyrus and her dead petz"?

why does he wear the headwrap?

>implying your sexuality has anything to do with your music taste
you have been memed, the "All gay people like pop and dance music" is bullshit.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about because every single female artist that has tried cashing out on faggots or has been considered a "gay icon" has a dead career.

The biggest examples being Lady Gaga, Kate Bush and Bjork.

It's a defense against irony

The only reason people bought lady gaga's last album was because of her gay audience. None of her songs were top 40 ready, but they still squeezed into it just barely because of her gay audience.

kate bush's career ended because she stopped making music or any public appearances for 10 years lol

Pretty much. Although 170,000 sold in the first week is damn good for someone who's career is only chugging along because of a tiny demographic group.

>Dude Im a Disney star lmao
>Dude my chad boyfriend broke-up with me, I'm a spastic whore now lmao
>Dude my chad boyfriend took me back Im nice and conservative now lmao
>Dude my life revolves around chads dick lmao

>Barbra Streisand has 1 Million Spotify listeners i.e jack shit
>Bette Midler has 500k Spotify listeners
They didn't "survive" especially considering how big Barbra Streisand used to be
No, people bough lady gaga's first album because Pokerface was a hit, she never had a gay audience from the beginning, she had a normal top40 audience because she had successful singles. It all went downhill with Born this way, a very gay oriented album, this can't be a coincidence.
I'm reffering to how Kate Bush never had any major success.

There are about three million gays in the US, so it seems reasonable. Also she has a large female audience because young women still by new music sometimes and they, as a demographic, like pro gay artists

Kylie Minogue

Pokerface, Just Dance and Papparazi were top40 hit you fucking degenerate.

Of course the album would sell a lot of copies with three top40 hits.

>three million gays in the US
Really? that's all? The way people go on about them you would think they were the majority.

>1.8 Million Spotify listeners
lmao, her career is dead for someone who's had multible top40 songs in the past.

We're talking about the new album (Joanne), which only had two top 40 hits.

Retarded pop stars fall for the "all gay people like pop music" meme and think that's where they money's at. Too bad that's not true and only kill their careers.

She became a fag hag in the late 90's and her biggest success came in the early 00s.

ONLY two top40 hits, It's almost like it's only one less than The Fame.

The Fame had TWO #1 hits, the others #5 and #6.

Joanne had two at #4 and #15.

Clearly a downward trend.

>going off of Spotify listens for artists with no youth appeal
Their audience is basically old jewish gay men now. Even Gaga's her first album was gay dance music. Also, Born This Way was in no way a commercial downfall. 4 out of 5 of the singles cracked the top ten and the title track, the song that panders to the gays the most, was a number one hit. The only single the didn't crack the top ten, Marry the Night, still made it to number twenty nine.

And Joanne sold less copies than The Fame, what a surprise.

There is no such thing as gay music.

Pop music is widely accessible and can be enjoyed by everyone.

Sorry. I did the math wrong. There are six to ten million gays in the US out of three hundred and fifty million

Born This Way was the start of her downfall, though. Artpop only continued the trend.

Heт.

>There is no such thing as gay music
As a demographic, yes there is. But your ignoring everything else in my post about how Born This Way wasn't a commercial downward trend. I'm assuming you're gay and I'm not saying all gay people like dance pop and ballads sung by females, but most do. Like how most black people like hip hop and most southern white people like country

man why wud he hang himself god damn that's gotta be one of the worst ways to go
a smart nut like him shudve known better or thought to do a little research first... fuck... depression is a hell of a thing

>Like how most black people like hip hop
80% of all Hip hop consumers in america are white.

You're clearly just basing your ""arguments"" off stereotypes and you have no idea what you're talking about.

It wasn't any sort of downward trend. It was more successful than The Fame. All of the singles cracked the top 40) and the gay pandering Born This Way was her number one hit

It was when her career started going downwards, BTW still sold alot of copies because the single was a number 1 hit but everything after that went downhill once people realised she was pandering towards faggots.

Your the one just making up statistics
>rbr.com/hip-hop-consumers-and-retail/
>African Americans and Hispanics flock to this format, we suspect to the surprise of absolutely nobody. The Black audience is double the overall Black footprint, and Hispanic use of the format isn’t all that far behind. While it isn’t a big favorite among Caucasian listeners, it still manages to attract almost 36% of them.

You're* the one who's using incorrect polls instead of actual research.

academia.edu/428185/THE_CULTURE_INDUSTRY_HIP_HOP_MUSIC_AND_THE_WHITE_PERSPECTIVE_HOW_ONE-DIMENSIONAL_REPRESENTATION_OF_HIP_HOP_MUSIC_HAS_INFLUENCED_WHITE_RACIAL_ATTITUDES

>it being a number one hit is why it sold copies
that's the opposite of how a hit becomes number one. a hit becomes number one because people by the songs, radio stations play what people want to hear, and executives pay radio stations to play their songs. Her newest album wasn't even trying to be top 40 it still had a single crack the top ten

No, I meant that because the song was a hit the album would become a hit too.

Million Reasons only hit the Top 10 because of her Super Bowl performance. It was floundering for months in the bottom half of the charts before that.

>Record label executives began todefine the primary hip hop audience as white, suburban, wealthy, teenagers who, since 1991,have been estimated to purchase between 60 to 80 percent (a debated statistic) of all hip hopmusic (Kitwana 2005:82, Sullivan 2003).
>a debated statistic
That wouldn't even change the fact that black people are only 13% of the population. Since you didn't link to the original studies statistic, I'm gonna assume it counts hispanics as white. Which leaves the other portion to be filled with blacks. Which fits my statistic from January. Whites listen to the most hip hop because they are the largest American population

The song that was specifically made for gays was a number one hit, so it made the rest of the album successful
That song shouldn't have cracked the top 20. It wasn't made for contemporary top 40. It only did well through name recognition and the gays

That still doesn't make sense, it doesn't matter how many white people there are. They are still the majority of all hip hop listeners making your argument, infact, invalid.