So much respect for Labatts! They shut down their beer production to create 200...

So much respect for Labatts! They shut down their beer production to create 200,000 cans of water for the people dealing with the Fort Mac fire. ️

That's actually pretty awesome.

that's just their normal product

In '94 we had a flood and the Budweiser plant sent in thousands of cases of water. They were in the glass 40oz bottles. Till this day it was the best tasting water I've ever had.

It's sad when american beer companies and hockey teams care more about us than our own government.

Just nuke us please.

A-ha, straight from the Leaf himself. Labatt is the Canuck version of Bud Light.

>helping sandnigger canadians

fucking cucks you guys are. Jesus fuck, just let us fucking burn. This country has been living off the british infrastructure since forever and needs to fucking fall.

top snek

Kek

if this is legit thats an awful business decision

Beer snobs like you are the worst. Fucking just as bad as hipsters.

all they did was change the label hehehe

never heard of them, is there something that tastes different from water that they usually sell?

>all of this free positive press and discussion is not worth it

A+ publicity is godlike marketing

Most of the city is white you fucking retard

200k cans of water? Are you retarded? The cost is miniscule for a company that size.

>bottling water for an emergency to help people
>business decision

Kys

>implying it will make up for lost profits from not selling their flagship product
k

How long until the 'I'd rather have a case of real beer at this point' joke wears thin?
Every. single. person will go for that low hanging comedic fruit.

They should have just sent the beer as a canadain I would be vary offended if this was given to me

I'm sure it was distilled to ensure purity, probably the water they used in their beer. Actually jealous desu, but Budweiser is some nasty ass lager

Still good on them

It's nots really a big deal, considering they already have had disaster relief program for years.

70,000 cans is really nothing.

He chided while shoveling shit down his mouth, mocking the bourgeois that were eating steak.

What? That is just normal Canadian beer.

Yea there's a plant about 2 hours away so it's shilled pretty hard here.

how much 1 of can of beer costs?
Production cost for a can of water like that should be around 25 cents max making that 200k cans worth 50k$.
50k$ is nothing for such a large company, plus they get insane amounts of press and publicity

Kek

>20 cents per can
>20k manufacturing costs + 2k transport
>millions worth of publicity and free advertising.
learn to marketing basic next time cunt

It's not about making a can of water, it's about not making a can of beer.

>businesses and those that run them are ebul soulless people who never could ever do something altruistic
>humanitarian efforts aren't some of the best marketing moves out there

>massive fire, hell on earth, satan laughing
>Hold on, lemme open this can of 33cl water

Wut?

That's probably somewhere near 1 days worth of production for 1 factory. They'll be fine and this story will be passed around all over the place

>it's altruistic
>it's good marketing
Pick one

i doubt any one gives a shit. name the last time a company helped out during a natural disaster. you probably cant and in 2 months you wont remember this instance either

They should have sent them Coors light, they wouldn't have had to shut down production.

>people who have been suddenly evicted from their homes with a few meager possessions don't need water

Yeah how dare you like good beers!

You do know canned water tastes like shit, right?

Isn't that going to be kind of slow? Shouldn't they have just created a large tank hooked up to a hose or something?

Muh appeal to emotion marketing campaign!
I guess there is no risk of people seeing right through that these days? Probably get to reduce their 2016 taxes somehow, charity write off or whatever.

Do canucks actually drink Labatt? It's straight piss. Slightly better than Bud or Miller but damn that stuff is bad.

>massive fire knocks out electricity thus preventing water pumps from delivering fresh water

Yeah I can't imagine why they would need fresh drinking water

Like to downplay people trying to do good? By the way I have no idea what your flag is so maybe you can't do anything to help...sorry for your insificate country

I guess you could say the people of Canada are DYING of thirst

Hold on, lemme open 100 cans, so you can take a cold shower.

Why'd you say that?

SPBP

If you were the ones who needed water right then, and you got it from this company for free, that creates a great deal of good will for those people towards that company.

>in 2 months you won't remember this company who didn't help you out specifically
I agree with this, but the people who were helped out will.

Lol you posh faggot I think they have more important things to do besides a shower, like say ya know surviving

>canning water
For what purpose? Wouldn't bottling be more efficient? I know they canned water because you can just use their normal infrastructure/machines, but in the presumable long run...

I reckon to encourage other businesses to do the same or like the same.

Yes nigger, all they have is canning machinery. So they will can the water. In the long run they will get very good press, in the short run they will get water out quick to thousands of people in need.

this is an extremely common move with brewers.Budweiser did the same thing during hurricane Katrina. AB Inbev does this in Europe.

Plastic bottles would probably be cheaper, but they already have massive industrial scale canning operations set up at these breweries. All they have to do is basically throw a valve and put in a different label feedstock and they are shitting out cans of water like nobody's business.

Also canned water has a ridiculous shelf life, something like over 20 years.

I think people who just lost everything would prefer the beer

>american beer companies
Labbats is Belgian owned

HAHAHA.
Still very nice of them.

Ab-Inbev owns Labatt and Bud

How could you tell the difference?

So I'd guess it's top down corporate policy. The cans even all look the same.

Belgian company I think

American beer is like sex in a canoe
Fucking close to water

>Putting out fire all day
>Gets crate from beer company
>Gets über hyped to drink beer and put out fires
>Its full of water
FUCKING WATER
NOT BEER
WATER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Distilled water taste like shit, feels like you are drinking something chemical.

Kek

typical factory working retarded britbong who just crawled out of the 19ths century cause he heared something about capitalism

kill yourself you inbred anglo scum

I'll take stolen Monty Python jokes for 1000, Alex

one of your weaker ones, Carlos.

>tfw Anglo Teutonic refugee from Britain in Canada

>Monty Python jokes
Oh. It's a joke I heard canoe tripping

Belgian and Brazilian actually

ok, bye

This
It sucks

Are you that stupid in thinking they dont have hundreds of thousands of cases of their beer already made at all their distributors around the united states? These beers have 3-12 months shelf lives you think they dont have extra and think missing one day will put them back down at all?

>3-12 months shelf lives
Probably more than 3 months senpai
I'd stock up on beer in the fall before the snowfall for my cabin up north and it last all winter (4 to 5 months ) just fine

EL OH EL

Most AB products have a shelf life of 3-4 months.
Bud/Budlt/Michelob/etc

The inbev beers are higher to about 6 months to a year. Stella/Leffe/Hoegarden

>if this is legit thats an awful business decision
No, its a fucking awesome business decision. Do you know how much corporations spend on commercial? This shit is probably just like one days worth of production and it has the potential to go viral and get like 100 million shares in social media.

Then people will walk in the store and see a case of beer and think ''oh, there is that based beer company that gave away water to the leaf faggots for free, i am going to try that''

If i was a CO i would be all over every opportunity like this.

>200,000 cans

well, that should water 25,000 people for one fucking day.

You're like the panhandler complaining that someone gave them only enough to buy one meal, rather than a million dollars

Why not both?

Stop whining. How did you help? Don't let perfect get in the way of better.

Would be better if it was beer though. This was just a cost saving move.

Checked

They already have processes set up for making beer though

Well I guess that's understandable then. I suppose if you're just helping out in a temporary crisis it makes sense.

I wonder what it's like with the water regulators. My dad is actually "the drinking water guy" of our state and regulates drinking water both tap water and bottled water. I wonder what his say would be... Then again, if you're okay to can any consumer beverage I assume you're okay to can any other beverage, especially water.

Water in anything but glass is bad because of estrogen mimickers. But one month of it won't hurt and it's an emergency.

Alex Jones pls, I won't buy your filters.

>affected area twice the size of calgary
>fire get potentially burn for a month
>fire could reach Saskatchewan border
>Suncor facilities evacuated
>emergency responders facility evacuated

I list interest after a couple days but the happening rolls on.

kek

drinking distilled water would be bad for you
it was probably just filtered

Or it was from just from good source.

>carbonate water
>put pallet of carbonated canned water on a paint mixer
>air drop pallet of volatile water cans on fire

job done

they should have sent beer

>do this in Germany
>people will riot

>import 1 million shitskins
>situation remains normal

>1 million
>1

More like 3

Carton/boxed water is more environmentally friendly? Both according to production, including resources used, and consumer waste.

OFFICIAL ECO-FRIENDLY WATER CONTAINER RANKINGS

National Progressive (Teddy Roosevelt) Tier

1. Carton/box water

POWER BREAK:

Compassionate Conservative (Dwight Eisenhower) Tier

2. Can water

3. Glass bottle water

POWER BREAK

Autistic Libertarian (Murray "Flourishing Free Market in Children" Rothbard) Tier

4. Plastic bottle water

See