What the hell happened to Arcade Fire?

What the hell happened to Arcade Fire?

youtu.be/xzwicesJQ7E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLVRoIrTt0o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like Everything Now but yeah this is shit.

I thought in the first 20 seconds or so it would lead into a nice krautrocky upbeat electronic rock thing, but no it just ends up shit

They finally did something that doesn't feel like generic indie and i love it tbqh

lol, I don't know why but I fucking love this.

song is awesome

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>makes terribly ambiguous thread
>butthurt when others reply to a thread with a clear prompt and subject

I hated the first time i listened to it but now im loving it. This album might be better than suburbs
Everything now-10/10
Creature comfort-8/10

>Everything now-10/10

I am a fan of Arcade Fire but kys for having such garbage taste

Not him but kys for saying "kys for having such garbage taste"

Sounds good.
Takes a few listens though

Not him but kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying 'kys for having such garbage taste'"

they fell off years ago man.

EP, funeral, and neon bible were good, everything after was trash.

funny story, i used to work with a guy who told me he was in the arcade fire, he was really pumped that I knew about the EP because he was on that, but he quit before funeral. He was working in a kitchen. I honestly didn't believe him at first until I saw he was credited on the EP, and he made a kickstarter for his new album where the Arcade Fire singer made an appearance. Sucks desu.

Everything Now was great just by virtue of feeling so ABBA.

This song is meh. The vocals ruin it, it needs more Regine.

It must suck to quit a band right before they get huge.

Needs less regine desu. Her voice is turning to shit

yeah dude. I have a memory of being about to swipe my clock card to leave and heard him flipping out in the dish room. he was like "FUCK THIS ISNT EVEN MY JOB"

I felt super bad at that moment lol. Didn't AF win a grammy or something?

Regine has aged pretty well if you catch my drift

Wills vocals dont fit the song imo.

I'd like to arcade her fire if you know what i reckon.

It feels like they're trying to do something like New Order, but it just doesn't work.

Not him by kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying 'kys for having such garbage taste'""

I agree. Regine is the only gripe I have with this song. Her singing sounds somewhat annoying in the context of the song.

they were meant to be a different band... their alt band name became the album title. kind of like what happened to anco

Shit taste. The violinist is a fucking qt

elaborate. is it like an alter ego band? is that the concept?

why not both?

she's a fucking qt

wtf I haven't listened to any of their shit since Neon Bible and this sounds like typical Arcade Fire. what's wrong with it?

You can have regine i'll take the top qt

Not him but kys for saying "Not him by kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying 'kys for having such garbage taste'"""

idk, this is nice, everything now is nice.

Not him but kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying "Not him by kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying "Not him but kys for saying 'kys for having such garbage taste'""""

I love it. I guess I'm just a normie summer fag after all this time.

I liked it as well desu. Its a lot better than Everything Now which sounded kind of bland and repetitive.

I like that they are finally promoting suicide as a good thing. 2017 is going the be a good year.

Don't know anything about Arcade Fire honestly. Never listened to them. I mostly listen to other balogna, and yet I love this song.

2017 and further years will likely be of strife and struggle politically. I can't hazard a guess what this will mean for music production other than vocal "resistance" and whatnot. I was hoping Trump would detonate both parties, but both are holding sway, albeit the right losing support on a daily basis.

tbqh everything now was fucking garbage but this is actually decent, anyone else feel the same way?

You will be sucked.

>Listens to New Order once

kys

the hair tho

>tfw used to date a girl with hair like that

It's not that bad.

D E L E T T H I S
E
L
E
T

if you can't just make it painless

They have an album coming out this year sometime I believe.

This is depressingly mediocre. Sucks to see them losing it. Their first three albums and the debut ep were great but they've been slowly sliding off since.

Why do these first two singles sound like they're sneering at their audience?

this is so much better than everything now

Look forward to hearing this overproduced generic trash on the next hip car commercial with "indie" music

wow they traded their 16th century instruments for synthesizers and drum machines.

They should've stopped at The Suburbs.

Reflektor was great but I don't want another one. It's a shame that they're just now starting to repeat themselves.

that was so embarrassing

they've turned themselves into a lcd soundsystem tribute band and it doesn't feel the least bit genuine imo. lyrics are a little bit of an eyeroller too. arcade fire has been dead to me ever since i heard the neon bible no cars go tbqhwu.

Well, at least The National still sound good

Am I a pleb if i'm enjoying this?

idk how people can enjoy the track when the vocal delivery is soooo insincere. I mean I can understand enjoying the instrumentation and even the kinda angsty lyrics but the fact that Win doesn't seem to care about a word he's singing just destroys any chance the song has a being good.

Now there's an example of changing your sound for the better. Their new song kills.

It's definitely a departure from their older music.

I wouldn't call this 'shit' but it's not as good as Everything Now or anything off their first three albums.

Stop the nonsense, the song is great

I can't believe p4k didn't give it BNT

Trump won you cunt, I hope you don't think your female friends don't deserve their clits torn away for your fucking presumption, you AIDS earning faggot, I hope you get lethally queerbashed.

Anyone know why the EP and funeral are off spotify

Better than everything now
If you disagree you're a pleb

They want to force you to listen to their later, lesser work.

i think hes being insincere on purpose

the reason they got huge is because you left

Regine's vocals are unbearable

What dark lyrical content holy shit

this is so much better than everything now. My only complaint is Regine's oddly annoying backing vocals

Tell to the drummer that played on Nevermind but they gave Dave credit so he'd feel more at home with the band.

Both these singles have been garbage.

Which is a shame seeing as Funereal is my favorite album.

I love this music video, song was fine though.

Doesn't play with them anymore. That's why they are now shit.

Published by Merge. Now they're on Columbia bc they are sellouts.

Not much, he's just a fag.

I'd say The Suburbs is on par with Funeral, and Reflektor is terrific as well.

grammys kill bands you literally cannot prove me wrong

Tbh I'm super glad they completely abandoned their chamber pop style after The Suburbs. Funeral thru Suburbs are all good albums, but they quickly would've become a parody of themselves had they continued that style after 2011. Even if you're not a fan of their new sound you'd have to be a total idiot not to realize how making another chamber pop album after The Suburbs would've been career suicide for them.

It really isn't unlike how to this very day, there are still rabid Joy Division fans REEEEE-ing at New Order for changing to a more dance-rock/synthpop oriented sound, even though literally nobody would be talking about New Order today had they continued being Joy Division Except Without Ian after 1982.

As far as this song goes, it's not bad, but I personally liked Everything Now better.

>I hope you don't think your female friends don't deserve their clits torn away for your fucking presumption

I don't have many normal friends, but most of them feel that we are close to slipping into the void of pure right-wing authoritarianism, despite the obvious trend towards left-wing authoritarianism. MSM has rallied the troops into taking the fight directly to the so called fascists. Antifa, Slut Walks, Resist, and all other sorts of social progress movements have created a stage wherein crazed ideologues and bern-outs openly Bash a Fash, assume control of colleges (Evergreen), shoot up baseball games, and continue the protests and brawls in the streets. My biggest concern right now is this administration is pushing these half-faggots to their breaking point.

>I hope you get lethally queerbashed

When state enforced homosexuality comes around I will definitely be beaten to death by queers, yes.

Now, I'm just sitting here waiting for my ban. Good song btw.

Post rare Regines

This

here's a good one

funeral is gold
neon bible is gold
suburbs is gold

i stopped at suburbs. i feel like i made the right decision.

They removed Funeral from Spotify and it's been fucking me off all week

This is terrible, the vocals in this one are laughably bad.

they are such tryhards

Nice legs

DUDE 80'S LMAO
when it will stop.

Honestly never really found her attractive but she looks like she could make me hit that NUT button here

lmao

Grammycore band makes shit music for Middle Aged people, what’s new?

Funeral is still on there for me (U.S.)

I've liked it ever since I heard the live version from Primavera Sound, it's pretty catchy. Don't really like Win's vocals on the track though, I get that he seems to be doing it on purpose but they're so dull. Live version vocals are better:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLVRoIrTt0o

it was better than everything now.

nobody cares

DUDE FAT ACCEPTANCE LOL

Wtf

You did. Reflektor has a handful of really good tracks but tons of filler, and the new singles are just more of the same, mediocre synthpop.