Have you ever Spotify (other music streaming) stalked someone

Have you ever felt the urge to stalk a person of interest's music taste. Since public music streaming services like Spotify, Last.fm, soundcloud etc make this information so readily available, have you followed through with "stalking" Did it change your perspective of them? Did it feel like more of an invasion of "privacy" than say facebook stalking due to the sort of intimacy of an individuals musical taste

I have to say I'm guilty of it and I'm a repeat offender. I honestly find it to be so interesting

Other urls found in this thread:

obscurifymusic.com/#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol fucking hell no

Well i "stalk" my girlfriend, but thats about it. Just curious about what she listens to

I only did that once, with my ex when I still wasn't over her. I do listen to playlists artists I like make though.

Sometimes, I look at the playlists of my friends and stuff without them knowing and laugh at their pleb taste.

Is she a pleb?
I do that too and I'm kind of ashemed of that because normally I'm really kind to them but then I see what their listened to and I'm making fun of them. Sometimes I even feel that I need to tell someone how bad their taste in music is nut I know that I will do that in a total asshole way.

When i use spotify to try out new music before downlaoding i used to stalk what other people were listening and, to be honest i got what i expected from that. Most of them only listen to stuff like 21 Pilots and Panic at the disco, the ones that listen to metal only listen to metalcore and nu-metal stuff like paparoach, bring me the horizon and avenged sevenfold.
I dont like to act like i have a "superior" taste but watching college students still listening to High School tier generic stuff makes me disgusted. Like they never once in their life tried to get out of their confort zone and explore new stuff.

I have seen people in college that listen to metalcore, nu-metal, dad rock and poop punk who thinks that they have good taste in music because "nobody else knows about these bands", and "i was born in wrong generation".

I did it 4 years ago
Now I disable every feature which lets other people see what I listen to

I always thought that people who hide their top artists on spotify listen to something really bad even when their pretend not to. And it confirmed a couple weeks ago when it was an error on spotify so you could see what were listening even the people that disable this feature. I don't really feel the urge to hide what i'm listening like someone else, especially because I know that I have better taste than almost every person i know.

I have lol

i check my ex-gf's last.fm almost everyday

lol is your life that bad you need to stalk ppl to feel better.
music will always be subjective. what they listen to is what works for them doing to make them happy or deal with bad days.

Absolutely, it would be fun to see someone I know with patrician taste

I keep looking at this one guy's rym because his reviews are so terribly written.

kek you know him in real life?

This gay guy at work used to stalk my Spotify so he'd have something to tell me at work. I swear to god if it wasn't for the fact that he's gay I would have smashed his head in.

kek I never tell anybody that i stalked their spotify maybe because I don't want to talk about music with people who listen to shit.

Sort of, we used to text each other and I know what he looks like.

how do I check what are my top artists on spotify?

I do, and it's destroying me. I watch the friend activity panel on the right to see what my friends are listening to. I beat myself up getting pissed at their song choices, wishing they didn't keep listening to the same songs and start branching out to better music.

obscurifymusic.com/#/
In here if you want to see what's your most listened songs or artists.
But you can see artists that you listened recently the most when you go to your profile (other people can see it too if you don't disable this feature).

I keep all my stuff private but going through what other people like is usually how I find the best new music

yes

Reminds me of an epic story get ready lads
I was in a thing with this girl for ages and long story short she fucked me over in some way which I won't bother getting into. We used to go to party's together a lot and she usually used her spotify playlist (typical NME core 1975, arctic monkeys etc). One day she threw a party which we were planning for ages but I ended up not even getting invited because we fell out and I was like fuck this shit. She had a collaborative playlist where everyone could add whatever tracks to it they wanted to and I had this fucking stroke of genius. I could monitor the progress of the party by watching the snapchat stories of all the people there and at the peak of it at like 10:30pm I deleted every song on the playlist and replaced it all with all the normie repellent mu shit I could think of. That included Merzbow, brainbombs and even some of the weirder death grips stuff. Watching the snapchat stories after was fucking glorious. No one there found it funny, in fact most people looked visibly scared. Pretty sure the party ended soon after that and I'm also pretty sure no one has traced it back to me. Fucking plebs.

simply epic :^)

kek Well you didn't do that with your account right? You create a new one?

yeah lol i made a new account. i never talk about music with anyone in real life and i think most people blamed it either on other people there or it being a glitch or something

>home alone, but then i made up a story to feel better

not even made up but you don't have to believe me if you don't want to

yeah but I'm not sure it counts as stalking because the people I "stalk" know I look at their pages to find music to listen to. I also look at the sidebar a lot, but playlists are highly effective for finding music you like, and friends playlists are much better than curated ones imo.

>linking spotify to your social media

why would you ever do this

This doesn't work right. There are only two artists in my top of all time and Jason Isbell is one of them, and I've only been listening to him over the past month or so, and not even that often.