Sup Forums explain to me why the first Kickass movie was amazing, but the second one was terrible

Sup Forums explain to me why the first Kickass movie was amazing, but the second one was terrible.

What changed ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8hKXZ316DF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there was a second Kickass
I'm sorry, someone needs to fill me in; what now?

Well I never saw the second one, and that is why it is bad.

It didn't follow up to the original. Although is as entertaining as any capeshit movie.

Nicholas Cage

To be honest, they both sucked. But the first was watchable and the second was horrid. I can't even give you a proper explanation for why.

mother russia completely saved the second movie

The first kick-ass comic was awesome, the following ones not at all.
At the end of the series the MC becomes a cop because they're the real superheroes lolol

The only interesting character literally got grounded by black dad for the entire movie until the final fight.

This. And the fact Chloe aged horribly.

probably because chloe grace moretz was still a qt loli.

Jesus, my heart.

Puberty kicked her motherfucking shit in.

When I read Kick-Ass 2 the comic before the movie, I knew all the scenes that were gonna be censored. Plus they combined scenes. It just didn't deliver. 1 is still one of my fav super hero movies though.

The first Kickass wasn't amazing. It wasn't even good.

It was nice seeing Nic Cage get to be a superhero like he always wanted, but that was it.

Only way people here like Kickass is if they were underage when it came out

I was gonna see this with my girlfriend when we were together but she left me before it came out. I was depressed when it came out and it was something that I related too cuz I always want to put on a suit and be a super hero. It made me happy so the first movie will always have a special part in my heart.

Is this a youtube comment?

i just watched both a month ago it was good fuck you, and your retard opinion

Matthew Vaughn wasn't at the helm and instead it was some shitty jew named Jeff Wadlow who directed Never Back Down

You liked this? You're pathetic

youtube.com/watch?v=8hKXZ316DF8

That was a very cool scene

>Kickass movie was amazing, but the second one was terrible.
it was ok. The second one was lamer because the first 1 just said fuck it to the comic and tried to have its own tone but movie 2 went for the comic tone without the balls to actually be edgy

she looks like a defensive lineman

You do know they filmed the movie while the comics were still coming out right? Watch the extra content. They said they were given the story and made their own movie about it while the comics still weren't fully released.

I knew the sequel was going to be atrocious when i read the second comic. they fucked up enough in the first movie compared to the comic, and some of what they changed has a big effect on the sequel

they did some hamfisted shit to try and rectify this at the start of 2 but, god, what a mess

somebody thought uncontrollable vomiting and shitting was what this story needed. Jesus.

This.

The first kick ass was an indie film because no studio would allow them to make a movie where a little girl killed people and called them cunts. Their creative integrity allowed them to create something people hadn't seen before.

Kickass 2 was a studio production where they hired a puppet director to follow orders. There are behind the scenes docos where Mark Millar is flat out saying how they were told "you're not allowed to kill the dog, you're not allowed to have the rape scene etc etc".

It would have been a hard comic to adapt because of minor changes they made to the story in the first (mclovin being a pussy instead of a psychopathic rapist) but still Matthew Vaughn could have pulled it off had the film been handled the same way the original was.

Instead he was to busy bouncing up and down on Fox's dick making xmen.

I fully expect them to fuck up Kingsman 2 in the same way.

The violence in the first movie was funny - in the second movie it's just violent. Dave getting stabbed while the heroic music is playing or Hit Girl cutting some dude's leg off is outrageous and unexpected, but what's-her-face throwing a lawnmower on a couple of cops is just gruesome.

It got laughs in my theater though, so maybe I'm full of shit.

>It got laughs in my theater though
Pretty low bar to set your standards by.

The original was a bit more believable. Would have been perfectly fine if the sequel was never conceived.

you don't need to know the ending to know comics were mocking the very thing the movie was praising

>I fully expect them to fuck up Kingsman 2 in the same way.
But isn't Vaughn directing Kingsman 2?

so they jumped the gun and made a movie before actually knowing all the details required to make it a truly good adaptation, and this gives them a free pass on shit they fucked up?

No. I don't think so.

JUST