/comfy/

How's your day going, Sup Forums? What's on the watch list?

Me

The Parallax View
Blood Simple

I watched the louis autism episode earlier, shit was pure comedic gold

Still trynna find a proper replacement for Vice tho

Dark Matter comes on tonight. Pretty hyped for that, since I get to watch it as it airs for once. Don't know what I'm gonna do with the rest of the day, though.

I been blackout drunk every day for 2 weeks

Bringing out the Dead
Gangs of New York
The Aviator

finishing up Scorsese's filmography. I like him less than I thought I would

I hadn't heard of the first one, but that sounds really good, user. Mind sharing your favorite thrillers?

I hear Vice is really good. I've been watching Peep Show lately. Can't believe I'm only just appreciating how hysterical it is. If you like Louis, I think you'd love it. Pure autism.

i can't watch movies because the fan on my computer is too loud

Old Kitchen Nightmares episodes

Is Dark Matter quality or do you watch it to relax? They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but I haven't heard much about it.

I hope it's whiskey.

I've probably only seen about half of his filmography. Why do you feel underwhelmed? Is it a flaw with the director or were your expectations too high going in?

Blazing Saddles
Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse
Wizards

I also want to rewatch 'Super 8', I'm thinking I may have overrated it back then.

It's my day off so a bunch of Cinema Snob episodes and maybe Harry Potter and the Final Solution later.

I'm going to choose between movies I haven't seen yet.

Badlands or Happiness?

I actually just downloaded Imperium. I'm looking forward to watch it as well. Speaking of Nazis, have you seen Green Room?

I think it's hard to overrate a Spielberg film. He doesn't really make them to get on the S&S Top 100, you know?

That's unfortunate. Do you know what's causing the issue? My old Asus laptop was the same way—too much power in such a small machine.

I would definitely go with Badlands. If you'd like my take on it, I'd be happy to share it, but I wouldn't want to color your expectations.

>Is Dark Matter quality
Point blank like that? I'd have to say, nah. It's definitely to certain tastes I have. Not too bright but not too dumb sci-fi. Yeah just great to relax to I suppose.

Anyone watching Vice Principals? I was thinking about giving that a try. I didn't care for Eastbound and Down though I did like Justified. Worth it just for Goggins at least?

'Super 8' was a J.J. Abrams movie, Spielberg only produced.

I gave the first episode a shot and thought it was pretty terrible, but everyone has his own sense of humor.

I do love Walton, though. If you haven't seen The Shield, I suggest you get on that ASAP. I guarantee you you'll love it for Goggins' performance alone.

Vice Principals has its moments. Its great fämäläm.

Thinking about buying a Tudor Blackbay or some Rolex as a promise to myself to not drink alone. Would save money.

>Mind sharing your favorite thrillers?
Not at all.

Dressed to Kill
North by Northwest
Repulsion

Ah, good call. Regardless, I thought it was fine. Nothing extraordinary, but a fun coming-of-age tale with aliens in the mix. At the very least, I think Spielberg's influence on Abrams is highly evident.

If you're in NYC, I'd buy you a beer, user. Also, consider Patek Philippe and Tag Heur.

Repulsion is on my watch list. It's honestly a shame how badly Polanski fucked up. Imagine how golden his legacy would be if he were to be judged solely by his merits as a filmmaker.

full metal jacket
memento

I got warned for calling a commie an "autist edgelord"

I have a Tag I like but it was only 900€ and I need something more expensive.

jaws
chinatown
deathwish

goin back to the 70s

I found some free boots.

Two very good, tense, films>Bringing out the Dead
>Gangs of New York
>The Aviator

Great
Underwhelming but GOAT performance from DDL
and Great

Kitchenkino
Me, i'm watching the supplemental material from the Opening Night Criterion. Maybe move onto a Killing of a Chinese Bookie rewatch.

How'd you know he was a commie?

Great choices. Enjoy your watch, user.

Well, if you have the money to blow, by all means. I'm sure I'd envy your watch collection.

I was just thinking that 'Stranger Things' was what 'Super 8' wanted to be. So having the former fresh on my mind I want to re-evaluate the latter.

i certainly will, last night i watched shawshank redemption, been watching some pure kino recently

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY

its been a good day today anons, hd rip of Imperium

and now HDRIP of Now You See Me 2 IS JUST RELEASED

To be honest, I couldn't finish Stranger Things. It just felt thoroughly mediocre to me, from the unlikable acting to the roughshod pacing to the dumb dialogue. I know it's not exactly meant to be evaluated like a Cannes entry, but I really was disappointed. I absolutely love coming-of-age and sci-fi, so maybe I'm more harsh on it than I should be.

Hundreds of films, but I'm not going to watch anything, anyway, too much important stuff to do.

But I'm not going to do the important stuff, either.

And so it just keeps going.

>memento

First time? I wish I could watch that film without prior knowledge of it again.

>124 films on hard disk
>spend all day browsing letterboxd for new shit to download
>don't actually watch anything

Nice, enjoy. Gotta love primetime Jack, though I have to say I just recently watched As Good as it Gets and am bewildered by the fact it won a couple of Oscars, including Best Actor for Nicholson.

If I may, I highly recommend The Great Beauty and Embrace of the Serpent for recent, foreign kino.

You think NYSM2 will be worth watching? I was debating it. The first one was pretty fun, though.

Green room was fantastic. Hoestly the nazi aspect was very minor

yep first time :) think ill watch it tonight
thanks for the recommendations user, added to my watchlist

I know how you feel, anons. Pic related: my unwatched movies.

That's dope! Are they a good fit?

Very. Still added some flavor too it, though. I'd love to see Patrick Stewart tackle more villainous roles.

I'm watching the first season of The X Files,
comfykino desu.
Rebels Of The Neon God or maybe A City Of Sadness.
I might watch a couple of episodes of Klovn. Maybe go through The Simpsons' first season, it's the first time i'm watching it in english instead of spanish and it's interesting.

I also have Dekalog and a bunch of anime on my backlog but i haven't felt like going through them lately

What did you think about Youth?

what did he mean by this?

I'm nervous about my drinking. I can't remember the last time I went to bed sober.

what did you think of the x files episode with the stretchy guy

I've yet to see it, though it's a stellar cast. I've heard it's a step down from Sorrentino, unfortunately. What did you think?

Is it interfering with higher priorities in life?

no not really

Well, at least it's not all bad, then. If you're nervous about it, though, then it's probably time to tone it down.

get a job

says the guy in the same thread as everyone else. fuck off you sad piece of shit

Well just got home for the weekend from the military, was supposed to go see Toni Erdmann at a local film festival but it turned out to be sold out.
Having a bit of a crisis in regards what the fuck I'm supposed to do with my life once I get out of the military. But at the moment I'm catching up with a few tv shows and will probably watch Imperium soon.

I don't really know your situation, but I'd imagine you could go to school for free (at the very least). Other than that, almost everyone respects a vet, big and small businesses alike. I have no doubt you'll quickly find something you can stomach doing while trying to figure out your long-term plan. Best of luck!

I liked it, the ending was a bit cheesy but the good kind of cheese. Last one i watched was the AI one, i can't wait to know more about Mulder's connection. I'm starting to get annoyed about Scully tho, i like the character and i get that skepticism is an important trait to it but it gets frustating.
I wouldn't say it's as good is a step down, it's worth watching for the performances alone, especially Classic Paul Dano.

All things considered it's going pretty good

I certainly will watch it. Speaking of Dano, has anyone seen BBC's adaptation of War and Peace? He's supposedly marvelous in it.