Lewis returned to the stage in 1989 to work with Richard Eyre, in Hamlet at the National Theatre, London...

>Lewis returned to the stage in 1989 to work with Richard Eyre, in Hamlet at the National Theatre, London, but collapsed during the scene where the ghost of Hamlet's father appears before him. He began sobbing uncontrollably and refused to go back on stage; he was replaced by Jeremy Northam who finished the performance word-and-action-perfect and received a standing ovation. Ian Charleson then formally replaced Day-Lewis for the rest of the run, except that ill-health forced Northam to stand in again many times.
>Although the incident was officially attributed to exhaustion, Day-Lewis later claimed to have seen the ghost of his own father. He has not appeared on stage since.

What did he mean by this?

He saw kino

cool

i wish something dramatic happened to me for once

Are ghosts real? Phantoms, apparitions, wraiths, spirits or what have you.

I think they could be.

the guy is a clown wearing man pants, people need to stop enabling his bullshit "method"

"That's right, Jay!"

My interest is piqued. I want to know more.

I know first hand a bunch of people who have seen ghosts. From random ones to relatives. Even dead babies. The ones that are known to the person invariably give them peaceful vibes, as if to say, "Don't worry, I'm fine, it's all OK in the end."

I'd love to believe this stuff.

LOL SO RANDUM XDXD

I seriously think no. Can we talk about this for a second? I understand people believing in God, but ghosts? What the fuck. Nobodys ever had a real anecdote or picture or anything, and some newspapers will actually publish blurry ass photos just to entertain these fags. Wtf is going on? Ghosts dont real

nah. it would be cool but no.

iirc there's a bounty for several million dollars for anyone that can provide proof that ghosts exists

It goes far deeper, look up "Matthew Broderick" and find out what he did in 1987. Connect the dots from there, this is all I can tell you, you're on your own now kid, be careful

Some people claim they see the ghost of their recently deceased family members which i could be inclined to believe, but i'm most inclined to believe that most events non related to family members are caused by poltergeists aka people causing them cause they're under a great deal of suffering or stress.

>Nobodys ever had a real anecdote or picture or anything,

I knew people who saw a ghost regularly. They filmed it. Nothing appears on tape, but they're sure they saw it.

I know he killed someone with a car in the UK.

I guess it was Lewis' dad.

He later claimed he only meant this metaphorically, that he did not actually see any ghosts.

my brother maintains hes seen a ghost

but then again hes a fucking retard

Backpeddling.

He saw his father.

just let him have it

There are no ghosts, user. It's our regrets, our fear, our own troubled conciences... those are the ghosts

Ghosts seem way more plausible to me than God.

Doubt it. People see these things. People I know first hand. They don't just suddenly develop schizophrenia for a minute. There's something to it.

Explain

I'm sure we will all be safe if you reveal what you are getting at

He killed 2 random Irish women in 1987

How this connects to Daniel day Lewis I dont know

Well I was at my ex-gf's house (inb4 normie this was 5 years ago and my last gf) and she told me about her Granpa's ghost haunting her house.

The descriptive factor being the scent of his cigars, and a peculiar noise that only happened sometimes, and wasn't coming from outside (sounded like it was coming from the attic but if you went up there you couldn't hear it anymore)

Well I laughed at her but sure as shit like two weeks later I smelled this weird smokey smell in her house late one night. I couldn't find the source and I couldn't smell it outside.

The this fucking mind bending Low noise came from the ceiling. Like I can't describe it better than that. After hearing it for a while it almost sounded like it was coming from your own brain.

That was spooky. I still think there was a reason. But the noise and the smell weren't consistent and I could never find the source of either.