And why is it black thought?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LNbug0_F0Io
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undun
youtube.com/watch?v=qm7Xt2Qsjcg
youtube.com/watch?v=ojC0mg2hJCc
youtube.com/watch?v=hc-efkXk27w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go away 'Black Thought'. no one cares about you here, and you won't get us to listen to 'yo mixtape'

Crooked I

First time I've seen a black thought thread. It's about time. He's way too slept on

Uhhh, he's not some underground SoundCloud rapper though

what does he rap about

he's a trap rapper, so just money sex and drugs

youtu.be/LNbug0_F0Io
Content-wise, he's nothing special. But he's easily the best rapper from a technical standpoint

You guys are fucking dumb. Have you listened to Undun or And Then You Shoot Your Cousin? Both incredible albums with incredible/conscious lyrics

undun was the most generic trap album I've ever heard. Motherfucker even name dropped the album on the song with Future

>I'mma steal all this shit and I'll shoot you with my gun
>Nigga I'm a OG I'm number motherfucking one
>Me and Future rep the ATL motherfuckers better run
>I hope you're enjoying my album called motherfucking undun

And you claim this to be incredible and conscious lyricism?

You know that it was a concept album, right? It was supposed to tell the story of the life of a gang member in reverse (starting at his death) to shine a light on where things went wrong, the mentality behind his decisions, and what role his environment played

more like black THOT lol

he a slut

Are you sure? Because I listened to it yesterday and the entire album can be summed up as "I'm a fuckin trapper nigga fuck 12". I get that he's from Atlanta but he literally says fuck 12 in every single song. There is no concept to think about while listening to the album. Just the same old mindless trap drivel. I haven't heard this much lack of lyrical depth since Certified by David Banner.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling, but yes - everything I said is true.
Think about how the album opens, with the sound of a flatlining heart monitor, and then into the consciousness of the protagonist Redford Stevens. Each song is a different stage in his life (in reverse chronological order) as he progresses through the trappings of life in the ghetto. When they rap about money and bitches, they aren't glorifying them, they're portraying the mentality of someone who pursues those things. If you really want to know more about it, do some research. One of the best hip hop albums of all time, no question
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undun

>Think about how the album opens, with the sound of a flatlining heart monitor
The flatline then turns into a terrible beat with lyrics about how 2Pac and Biggie are "pussy niggas" because they're dead, with a hook from OJ da Juiceman.

>When they rap about money and bitches, they aren't glorifying them
The fifth track has a hook that is just "I LUH BITCHES. I HATE BITCHES" for 8 bars. Black Thought compares himself to John Lennon when telling us how he treats his unfaithful women. The third verse is him detailing his relationship with a woman that ended with him gouging her fucking eyes out. And at the song he clarifies that everything he said in the song is FACT and not a clever work of fiction. If there's supposed to be an underlying concept then he did a shit job.

You're honestly not funny. People like you ruin this site

Where do I start with Black Thought? His verse on Freddie Gibbs' Extradite was flame

It depends.

If you just want bars on bars, then start off with their older albums: Things Fall Apart

If you want more meaning and conceptual ambition, check out their newer stuff: Undun

Here are some classic verses if you literally just want to check him out:
youtube.com/watch?v=qm7Xt2Qsjcg
youtube.com/watch?v=ojC0mg2hJCc
youtube.com/watch?v=hc-efkXk27w