I'm coming off of Paxil and feeling weird as fuck

I'm coming off of Paxil and feeling weird as fuck.

AMA

I'm on 20mg and switching to Wellbutrin, btw.

Anyone else on some shit like this, or switched before, or have any general stories to tell?

Wellbutrin is great. I am currently taking 150 extended release and I have like 160 or so 100s regular release. My doc messed up and sent the two scripts to the pharmacist, u was like why yes, both of those are mine. Shit's good, it's an NNRI, not an SSRI, which is what everything else is, turns you emotionless. The NNRI is a stimulant, it works on weight loss too. As a matter if fact, earlier today my bro-n-law said I looked like I lost weight, haven't seen him maybe since xmas.

That's why I'm quitting the fuck out of Paxil, man. A doctor prescribed that shit, and I just started taking it without even researching it.

Now, about a year later, I've gained weight, and can't lose a goddamn pound. I workout 5 days a week, and that keeps me from gaining anything, but can't lose shit.

I researched Paxil and apparently that shit messes with your metabolism, so I said fuck that.

Is can what being am the do not why your prob, bro?

Oh, and I hope Wellbutrin is legit. I started taking it probably a week and a half ago, or so.

I started feeling weird today, I'm assuming from the Paxil withdrawal, so I took one. I'm going to wean myself off slowly.

It is legit, Google it. There's people that don't need it talking about trying to get it. What's your dosage? it might not be enough, plus, you start low and after a week or so you double it. It's call tetriation I think.

300mg HCL XL, whatever that is

What should I tell my doctor to prescribe me some?

Wellbutrin is not like an antidepressant from my experience it was more like a shitty drug, at least it didn't make me psychotic but that hypertension and anxiety were not worth.

Did you go right off of paxil or taper? I have gone off 2 SSRI drugs suddenly and my god it feels weird the zapping in my head for 2 weeks.

Go to a psychiatrist. My doctor is the one that originally prescribed me Paxil. I hear that since most doctors aren't familiar with mental meds, they may prescribe some bullshit like that.

My psychiatrist is the one that gave me Wellbutrin. I just told him that I was depressed, couldn't sleep sometimes, was upset I was fat, etc...

Oh yeah, that's it man, you should be good on that. I probably should step up to 300 but 150 seems to keep me normal so.. Before, I would be at like the grocery store for example, just wanted to get my shit and get out, a little anxious, didn't want anything to do with anyone, just get back to my room and camp out on xbox, netflix, etx. Now, I feel like a normal fuckin human being, having random small talk with people in passing, saying hi or a little wave to a cute girl.. I don't know exactly what a Nor-epinepherin Re-up take inhibitor is, but it damn sure makes my brain work right kek

My Wellbutrin counters my hypertension and anxiety.. but everyone is different. Like, cocaine actually chills me the fuck out, opposite of most people.

Dude, I got it from my nurse practicioner, fuck a shrink, just say that you have no motivation and that you've tried to lose weight and nothing has worked and at this point I actually started to tear up and my doc was like ok, wellbutrin, and I expressed concern over weight gain and sexual side effects, nope, it works in favor of both of those.

I was going to quit cold turkey, but I slept half of the day away today, and started feeling kind of weird... Sort of spacey in my head? So, I decided to take one. It had been like 4-5 days since I'd had one. I guess I'm just going to keep doing that.

What's this zapping shit everyone's talking about? Is it a sound? A vision? Thankfully I haven't had that yet.

Bad ass! Do you know about how long it takes to kick in? Honestly, I was normal before I started taking Paxil in the first place. I mean, I never really got anxious or nervous or anything.

Unfortunately, I started getting panic attacks out of no fucking where, and that led me to the Doctor.

Still, I do feel like I need to be on something, man. When I was in my teens, I had the focus and drive of a goddamn machine. I could work on shit for like 3 days non-stop. Now, I feel like I just can't concentrate on shit. I'll hop on the computer, and instead of working towards anything, I'll find myself getting sucked into YouTube for 2 hours, or something.

I'm glad this shit is working for you, bro! I hope I can join you soon :D

I can second the no motivation thing. That's another thing I told my psychiatrist.

Um, not sure about the zapping.. all I can think is that my dreams have become a lot more vivid, like real life, I can remember everything that happened when I wake up. But in that time between REM sleep, you walk a fine line between dreaming and waking life, this is when I have heard a knock at my door on several occasions, sometimes a loud boom, sometimes I will be mid dream and trying to respond to someone but I find that I am speaking as I am waking up.. haha shits funny. After a week you should be good. Like I said, everyone is different and I've always been quite a dreamer.

WHy aren't you a website?

How much better did you feel coming off of it? Any crazy physical shit happen to you? I've heard people saying it's comparable to the flu.

I actually do run some sites, haha.

>Paxil

reminds me of staying awake for 2 days straight. laying in bed with my eyes open.

I've only ever had Wellbutrin and I haven't came off it. I know that you can't just stop psych mods though, it's like alcohol withdrawal, which I know far too well, your brain goes haywire. If you just dropped paxil, I'd imagine you would get a sharp localized headache somewhere up there. I say that because when I started taking Wellbutrin, the first couple times, I could literally feel an electrical energy type feeling in the top-center-left side of my brain, and now, right around 24 hrs after my last dose(they are 24 hr doses), if I hadn't taken my next dose, I shit you not, I will get a sharp shooting pain in the same area.

The head zaps are just what they sound like - it feels like an electric discharge in your head that typically occurs when you shift your vision rapidly. I used to get them for months when I would come off Zoloft. Its one of the main reasons I avoid SSRIs to this day.

Aw ok. I was wondering what the other user was talking about, Paxil, not Wellbutrin, got it.

That's fucking scary..

Does anyone get this from doing xanax? Every time I wake up after doing a bar or more I get this really weird pulsating zapping in my head. Not sure if it's the same as what you guys are talking about but it's not fun.