/daily/ - LET IT DIE edition

LET. IT. DIE!!!!!!!!

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

svsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/svs008-elephants-lp
youtube.com/watch?v=Kje_0RFLYPw
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/янка/стыд-и-срам/
youtube.com/watch?v=bA4xvmH3WSQ
mediafire.com/file/ww478ad8yla8p6g/dailistnong.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ha ha new lorde is super boring and i don't like it.

So I wanna make a tourney out of the albums I haven't listened to from this year that I have already downloaded. Five spots have already been chosen, 3 more open

Here's the charts and those who already picked.

drunk

Whoa whoa whoa I missed when the Peter Silberman album came out

guess I know what I'm doing today

Also made this chart of random albums I have downloaded. Want to make a tourney of that too. Any takers?

vision creation newsun

fishmans please

fishmans pls lol

curious, is anyone here /nathanforyou/?

been really digging the show lately after actually watching full eps and holy shit Smokers Allowed and The Hero are easily some of the greatest comedy episodes I've ever seen on television

while I don't think they're as hilarious as some other Nathan moments, they certainly go beyond just being funny and hit some sort of emotional level through Nathan's awkward humour

maybe I'm overanalyzing but either way Nathan Fielder is a comedic genius

u fuk

brainbombs
fishmans is for nerd idiots
no

claiming Null & Void
no

i fucking love nathan for you

im pretty sure the emotion is an intended additional layer of self-deprecating comedy i.e. nathan only reaches human fulfillment thru fucking with people and putting himself in situations where he's desired

either way new season when
get fucked

fine ill take di go pop then
but if im against fishmans im gonna drink my piss from a cup

Now I gotta go through dereckvon's older videos, knowing that he covers some obscure but great stuff.

svsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/svs008-elephants-lp
intrigued me when he mentioned contesting rhythms that squabble over your attention, and this album definitely got some of it going. Real nice post-industrial/house vibe

Grapefruit

>im pretty sure the emotion is an intended additional layer of self-deprecating comedy i.e. nathan only reaches human fulfillment thru fucking with people and putting himself in situations where he's desired
yeah, it really makes Nathan's character go from being just the really awkward guy in season 1 to a man that really needs some help

when I first started watching clips of the show on Youtube like a year or two ago I wouldn't have expected it to be as damn amazing is this desu

really one of the most inventive shows of the 10s and dare I say it, of all time
>either way new season when
hopefully soon

at least we know it's happening

red

One spot left guys.

Also my other tourney has three spots left. Welp you're not drinking piss out of a cup then haha

Back to mono

Tourney #1 filled. Made a second tourney for those who want that second chance.

ok
salmon run

Same folks or different folks?

Can be the same folks who entered the first tourney

Can I get a ah um
broadcast

Ah um You sure can

>AL-90 - Code-915913
Decent danceable lo-fi house music that draws from organic sounds as opposed to cold machine loops. The first five tracks are quite nice, but then the album seems to run out of ideas, drawing from the same vocal samples and sonic palette. This is a perfect example of an album that does not justify its length as it essentially serves up the same song over and over again. I had to double check multiple times that I hadn't accidentally turned on the repeat track button. Despite not being all that interesting and kind of forgettable in the end, save for a few tracks, it is comfy, and I think that has some value.

>Oxbow - New Oxbow
The backing instrumentation has its bombastic moments, but the vocalist is the key player here. Without his fantastic and strange performances this album wouldn't be nearly as interesting or fun. Worth a listen.

>Luciano Cilio - Dialoghi del presente
The first track is just stunning. That moment when the vocals kick in and create a harmonizing, droning effect is something to behold, especially for its time. Unfortunately, I don't think the rest of the album quite reaches that height. It kind of washes over me and blends together. The percussion is moody and subtle, and I appreciate the atmosphere created but nothing wowed me. Will continue to listen a bit more. I assume this is an album you have to be in the mood for, so I'll save it for a late night.

One of my favorite comedy shows of all time for sure. Makes me laugh and cringe like nothing else.

bih hit those faust 4 and bugskull joints

oh, is it my turn?

watching this now because of this post btw. good shit

well, if no one else claims the spot...

again.

Hampshire & Foat - Galaxies like Grains of Sand

stop

Has to be from this list

Any reason why it can't be from that list? if you don't have access to it, I can give you my FLAC copy

I just want to first go through what I have already downloaded that's from this year. When I download more stuff from this year, I'll be happy to include your suggestion.

ok keep it in mind. I'm not hot enough about the rest of this year's crop to nominate them

So you don't want to nominate anything, even for the heck of it?

like I said, none of the other albums really interest me, so I'll abstain from this round.

symphony x - paradise lost

best album ever

Your /daily/ reminder to listen to this if you haven't yet

you have tears in your eyes

too bad, he came first

4th best Symphony X album tbqhwyf

Quasimoto

Sun shitty girls - torch of the mistakes

Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription

SKADOOSH

humor me

youtube.com/watch?v=Kje_0RFLYPw

is this the greatest song of all time?

So overall, what's the best slowcore track?

duster topical solution

dj screw - inside looking out

Katy song

(i laffed)

Russian dude - Russian Baby Album

Somewhat similar to the other two albums by Letov, it is a bit more psychedelic and dynamic.

Russian Dude and Friends - Punk Album with pipes on it

Pretty similar to the other one, I enjoyed it about the same amount.

Public Image ltd - Metal Box

Some songs I enjoyed, others I was lukewarm to and some I did not at all. But they were all interesting at the very least and I wouldn’t say there are 2 same songs on the album.

3.5+

what now

probably medicine bottle

can you post the rym link for the moonrunes cat album it looks cute

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/янка/стыд-и-срам/

This formatting makes me want to fucking kill myself.

words

Coming from someone who doesn't like slowcore, these are goat
>RHP - Katy Song
>Carissa's Wierd - Silently Leaving the Room
>Carissa's Wierd - So You Wanna be a Superhero?
>Carissa's Wierd - September Come Take This Heart Away
>Carissa's Wierd - They'll Only Miss You When You Leave
>Galaxie 500 - Blue Thunder
>Giles Corey - Blackest Bile
>Matt Elliott - C.F. Bundy

>good friend rodriguez vs trip up
I was most definitely excited to see how this would turn out. A fight between two Japanese psychedelic rock bands who are held to high esteem? Interesting fight.

First off, the drumming on Boredoms is fantastic and was the number one attribute that I could hold into high regard. The rest of the instrumentation was very lush, livid, energetic. I like the use of flanger-like effects, and the little pierces of texture attempting to seep through the mix are a nice touch. My only fluke is how the drums feel like they carry a lot of the music together, so while the instrumentation is pretty, it doesn't stand out as much as the drumming, and feels like it could fall apart easily if no drumming was in the recording. Definitely was a nice listen experience.

In comparison, Fishman's 1998 live album was on the other end of the energy spectrum. The instrumentals were very lush and pretty, nice in both realms of dub and dream pop, but I think the problem for me lies in the vocal performance. It's ok for vocals, but at some points it can feel cartoonish, flat, which especially doesn't feel like it should fit with the instrumentals. Another point of skepticism for me is why this is so highly praised in the context of dub and dream pop scenes. I like the album but I feel need to relisten to it more to get used to the vocals and sound overall. Stinks too because I thought I would love this one on first listen. But my god, Long Season was so lovely.

This was tough, but overall, our good friend rodriguez wins this round. You may advance forward my dude.

This Or Gold Dust, The Landing, RHP's Medicine Bottle, or Low's Slide

Still some open spots for tourney #2, as well the 2017 tourney

>2017 tourney
Planning for Burial

>and holy shit Smokers Allowed and The Hero are easily some of the greatest comedy episodes I've ever seen on television
Oh hey you are now going to betray Peep Show is that correct??
(btw I'm rewatching the show and GOD DAMN the cringe is real I sometimes feel very fucking bad for Mark)

Also for a moment I though you were talking about Nathan Barley.

This is actually pretty fun.

>The Flashbulb - Arboreal (2010)
It's a shame that Undiscovered Colors is the one song that everyone remembers, because there's so much more that this album has to offer. The mood is cohesive but not restricting, and all the songs are really dynamic. There's a lot less of the glitchy IDM/breakcore sound from his older albums, but in its stead there's more atmospheric downtempo stuff which is great. The only complaint I have is that there's a long stretch of more subdued tracks in the second half; it could've used some more variety. 4+

>The Flashbulb - Girls Suck But You Don't (2003)
This is just a random collection of tracks cobbled together for a small Japanese label, and it shows. The songs are all over the place, and most of them are pretty short so they end before anything interesting can happen. There's a bit of a playful vibe going on, but I think that's just a consequence of the songs originally not being intended for release. It's still The Flashbulb though, so it's a decent listen even if he's just messing around. 2.5-

>Benn Jordan - Sleep (1996)
I dunno what the deal is with this. Why are some of these tracks so uncharacteristically bubbly? Why does a song called Nightmares sound like cheery new age with a beat? Why is the most boring song the longest one? Rendered Shores always reminds me of the godly slowed down version that gets posted on /f/ though, so I can't dislike this. 2.5+

>nathan barley
totally mexico

Music for this feel?

John Cage - The Beatles 1962-1970

young thug family don't matter

rate my shitty taste, one album per artist

holy fuck this bangs so hard

youtube.com/watch?v=bA4xvmH3WSQ

>AnCo

Okay this format usually sucks so i wanted to come up with a way to spice things up, couldn't think of anything novel so i just copied an idea from another (dead) general:
Blindfold listenalong.
Whole album merged into one file, no tags.
Because maybe by eliminating some factors we get fairer ratings or at least more participants.
On the other hand maybe less since we lose the possibility of streaming, and maybe once the first reviews are in it wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
We'll see how it plays out i guess.
This isn't supposed to be a guessing game by the way, please, even if you can correctly guess the album/artist, just shut up or play along.
I'm gonna reveal what it is once updates stop coming in.

mediafire.com/file/ww478ad8yla8p6g/dailistnong.zip

Dunno if it would be a good idea to to drop some hints as to what you're in for so I won't.

This is pretty intriguing, excited to give it a listen

Interesting concept, i'll give it a go

>favorite swans is filth
>favorite bathory is the return
this is huh, wow
inderesding

Peace and fucking. Believe.

Tbh I haven't really gotten into anything after Soundtracks For The Blind or really given that one a chance lol. Everything after SFTB is pretty boring to me

The Return is easily the best, maaaaaybeeee Black Mark though

This is feeling like a new guilty plebsure

top 10 song prolly

is north american scum the unguilty one?

how is that a guilty pleasure at all nerd, LCD are great

The guilt comes from how close I am to wanting to dance while sober, which is against my personal code

(Continues livetweeting album)

These lyrics could be in 2010s TMBG lol

5/5 moment /diary/

where tf is I'M FISH
I want to bully him for his bad opinions

FUCKING HELL

we all do friend, we all do

make.me
do you have like a chart or an rym or something

I'm literally becoming a rareposter because I'm realizing 95% of my posts were bashing FISH

I smell trickery but I'll give it a go later

what's that weeb album in your top 10

松岡直也 - 夏の旅
Cheesy as fuck city pop

step that jazz game up boii

nyarlathot∑ⵉΣƩp - 5.66

>Sondre Lerche - Faces Down
Quite nice.
7-/11

>King Krule - King Krule
There's plenty of good things clashed with plenty of bad things here at the same time I want to like it and not at the same time.
5+/11

>Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
Listening to this album I was quite annoyed by it; with it's bog standard pop songwriting covered in loads of sugar, though I couldn't help but enjoy the rythyms to it idunno.
5/11

Really wasn't expecting to like the Sondre Lerche album.
I have no idea who to do next.

>I have no idea who to do next.
rethink your ruiner rating real hard