Sup Forums it's been quite a while since I have browsed through the Chan's but I come seeking advice...

Sup Forums it's been quite a while since I have browsed through the Chan's but I come seeking advice. I have lost interest in almost everything and I have no idea what to do or what to think. I used to consistently play video games, repair and fuck with computers, hike, go out with friends, read, and plenty of other hobbies. However I have found that everything has become dull. I can't play a video game without becoming bored within minutes. Computer repair just becomes a chore. I have no time anymore for myself or friends because of work. I have no idea where to go with life or what to do for hobbies or what not. I'm lost and need to find what to do. Any advice is great

Shameless bump

just try something new. I'm sure you can think of something fun.

why do you need to work so much? take some time off if you can

I work a staple job. Kind of the typical 9-5 type deal. I scrape by with some extra cash each month, not much though and I would like to try and get a house eventually. That is why I rarely take off. What would you suggest trying?

Have you tried smoking some crack?

Go get your heart broken

I've honestly debated starting drugs again. But financially it wouldn't be smart.

Currently have a girlfriend of 2 years and she is talking about marriage and kids

Exercise always helps me when I feel a bit shitty. Almost helps me think a bit clearer and I can put things into perspective.

I suggest you go out for a run or a walk to give yourself some energy.

Also getting together with some mates and just having a laugh will probably do you good.

shoot guns
build a drone
go kayaking

...i guess all of these cost money. i don't know what to tell you

>Exercise

i second this

I've thought about starting again. It couldn't hurt. I just am hopping to find something for the long run as well

try getting into retail investing.

the stock market is crazy man. if you're a conspiracy theorist, there's just way too many crazy shit going on in the stock market.

I've thought about a career change but I have no idea where to begin. I've always wanted to be involved in either space or alternative energy but I am at a loss on what to do. Also I hate the idea of having to go to college, it's financially out of reach and it is a hassle and debatabley a waste of time. I'm not sure what I should do

Be honest with yourself -- is there anything you're currently doing that you feel pressured you have to? Do you want to marry, have kids? Do you want a house?

>I come seeking advice

or you know, don't bother changing anything but instead acquire a hobby.

Honestly I really would love to have my own house, my own property, etc. I also want to start my own family definitely in the future it's just currently I want to decide what I'm doing with myself first

Like what exactly? What could be a hobby involved with those?

Yes, but do you feel like you're rushing into anything? It sounds like you'd rather discover and cultivate your own talents first. Dude, once you have a kid or a house, you're going to have much less time or resources to do that.

i don't know.
whatever hobby you wanna be into.

You're right. Id rather find myself first. But that's still the issue of finding me. I don't know how to start

Thank you

i'm on the same boat as you man. don't really know what to do with my life. although, my main goal is to help out my bro right now financially. but other than that, i got nothing.

probably why i've just been doing all kinds of shit. have gone mountain climbing, scuba diving, surfing, MMA, hockey card collecting, coin collecting, action figure collecting.
making money on ebay, blogs... wanna try painting next.

Idk man. If you had a million dollars what would you be doing? Just start jotting things down, stuff you'd like to be doing or trying, no matter how idealistic or stupid it sounds. And sit there and think about the root of the reason as to why those things came to mind. Learn to sit and reflect on what it is you like. Get to know yourself, dude.

At this stage you don't have to do anything drastic, just give yourself time to think over the next couple of days and try and find out what would make you happier.

Once you have a rough idea of what you want to change then you could try and plan what you're going to do about it. I find once I've got a plan myself it's a hell of a lot easier knowing what I'm doing.

As I mentioned before, exercise also helps give you energy and generally feel better.

Good luck OP, hope you sort yourself out and I've been somewhat helpful.

You do you man. I've thought about maybe MMA but again my big problem is time. And my end goals are kinda making a somewhat big difference and having a family.

Find yourself?
Do you even mirror brah?

Try new things user, stuff that you find to be a bit risky/scary, the adrenalin will give you a bigger appreciation of life, remember that your life is fleeting and you should try and fit in as many things as you can before you die.

Personally, I joined the military, saw active service etc etc.
Everything afterwards seemed completely boring, but I gave a bunch of suggestions my brothers gave a chance, I have never looked back, even activities that I got bored with in the past became fun and engaging again.

I might actually try that. Thank you very much.

You're right. I'm not a very creative person but I find once I have an idea I put myself to it and don't stop till it's done. Its just getting the idea is the hard part. Thank you so much though. And good luck to you bro

I thought about joining when I was fresh out of high school. I just never committed. That was before I had really anything going for me though when I was out in the streets with no friends or girlfriend

Listen to Buscemi, OP.

I went cliff diving the other day and was scared shitless. Didn't even think anything of it until I got near the edge. You see the whole world in that body of water; you see yourself. OP there is always room to grow, believe me.

try boxing then. also, you don't need to be serious at it. go to a gym for an hour, release your frustration by hitting punching bags. It might clear up your mind and make you focus on the things that you actually wanna do.

cliff diving. never done that and I just might try it next year.

Yeah, bro. It was off of a hiking trail, so it wasn't anything official. Maybe like a 30ft drop? I came out of it with some purpose, I was no longer content with personal mediocrity.

If you can still do it and you're ok with what it means (discipline, training, deployment, possibly killing or being killed) then go for it user.