How do you know when you're with the right person?

How do you know when you're with the right person?

Get that Disney fantasy bullshit out of your head.

That will be hard, considering I've lived it. I just want to know other people's experience.

I thought it was Disney bullshit too, until I met someone who made me feel alive for the first time in my life.

Telling yourself it's Disney bullshit is what you do when you haven't found the one for you and settle down for less than living.

when they've left you

too deep

spoiler alert, you wont ever.

I dated the same woman for 10 years thought she was the one and nope

We're all born alone and we all die alone, so get used to it

Sadly, the only true answer we'll see in this today

When you're married.

So edgy. I bet you sometimes do things your mother told you not to do.

When you don't have to change yourself to be with them, they trust, they respect you, and don't feel like they have to spend every waking moment with you.

ITT: everyone is too retarded to give a legit response.

I pity you.

>"I pity you," he posted from his greasy, worn leather office chair before peeling open another cheesestick. "Perhaps I'll shower today," he mused.

When it's to late

You are asking an invalid question.

First, what is "right"? How do you define it?

Furthermore, "right" seems to point to sth like "measurable by a neutral instance". But this is BS, since YOU are the only one to answer this question.

So I would rather ask: "How do you know, that she is your gf?". And the answer is: "When you say so!"

This. 7 years and I'm back to being alone. It happens out of nowhere too. Finding "the one" is a lie". We just aren't built to tolerate someone for years on end. All the little quirks about them that you loved will annoy the shit out of you 5+ years down the line.

When you can piss on her in the shower and she's likes it on her tits.

>First, what is "right"? How do you define it?

When it's a match. When you feel complete and perfectly happy with that person.

Your post is absolutely fucking stupid. You're trying to sound smart, but holy fucking hell, you are dumb.

Pro tip: the actual question is WHEN do you think she's the one for you.

>When you say so

That's the question, dumbfuck: when do you say that she is your girlfriend?

Bullshit. Just ended 7 years too and you were just with the wrong person.

I've yet to experience it long term.

>When it's a match. When you feel complete and perfectly happy with that person.

That is only your(!) interpretation of the question, containing nice words but no substance. I do not "feel complete" by having another person near me. Being "perfectly happy" is nice, but temporary.

>That's the question, dumbfuck: when do you say that she is your girlfriend?

There is no general answer, as already described.
For me: As soon as she plays a major role in my daily life. By using this definition I was able to answer the question for myself. Taking the limitation into account, this is a valid answer.

>I do not "feel complete" by having another person near me

Then you're with the wrong person. You probably just use people like the mentally retarded fuck you are.

Get fucked.

I bet your empathy score is lower than ten.

When she swallows!

You do butt stuff on the reg

You just feel it I guess. Although my longest relationship lasted only three years, she was the right person for this time.

You don't. You just hope it's the right one.

Sharing my experience: if you don't feel like kissing her with your tongue, she's not the one.

I don't really know but i'm very much looking forward to being there already.

>Then you're with the wrong person. You probably just use people like the mentally retarded fuck you are.

Why so offensive? "Feeling complete" are just some empty words.
Again, FOR MYSELF, this is just not the right description. I highly doubt, that my gf sees this differently.
But we are both sure, that we are with the "right person". Our relationship lasts for almost ten years now, without any interruption or cheating.
So there is nothing wrong with this, as we both are happy.

And that's what I said in the beginning: There are no "rules" or "guidelines" what defines a "right" relationship. It's just up to everyone to define it for himself/herself.

>"Feeling complete" are just some empty words.

Not if you've felt it. Live a little, youngster.

When she doesn't cling to you every second of the day.

When she understands Saturdays are for the boys.

When the sex is still wild after two years.

When her dad accepts you as his son.

When you burp in public and she one ups you by burping louder.

When she plays the penis game with you anywhere.

When after two years you can't stop thinking about her intoxicating smell and infectious smile.

When she's pregnant and you both cry tears of joy instead of thinking "oh fuck."

When you can't stop listening to her last voice message before the car crash while crying yourself to sleep and the vodka still doesn't numb the pain.

You forgot:

When she can drive like a man. And not die.

(No offense, I too have lost someone important.)

>how to know if you are with the right person.
Meet your dream girl 7/10 but amazing personality.
Hook up. Gf her for 9 years.
Ditched me last year because i was being a dick to her and sucking at life overall
Be miserable for 6 months
I want her but at the same time i know my life is a disaster so i keep away for her and ignore her calls She deserves better
She shows up at my place.
I tell her to get the fuck away because it hurts me to see her
Says she is miserable too
I tell her that nothing made me happier than just spending time with her but i dont want to drag her into my life because
Mylifeisatrainwreck.png
She says " There is no other train i would ride"
Shehadmeathello.bat
Kisses me
Back together
Now i can really appreciate her and im improving myself

I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard then it slowly fades leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are going to do it. Break the cycle, rise above, focus on science

You don't

When everywhere you're with her/him feels like home.

Same here, except she's not coming back.

Been 4 months. Had to part at the airport, knowing we'd never see each other again. Still both loving each other and caring.

End me.

There is no right person, there is a set of people who tend towards right, with with a lower boundary of adequacy. Thinking love in terms of qualitative, or even comparative concepts is admirably idealistic. If you can keep it up, and find someone who makes you genuinely happy, to a larger extent than they make you wanna blow your brain out, kudos. If not, accept that it's a finely iterated quantified continuum, ranging from shitty to tolerable. Truth is that what most of us can truly hope for is a shitty to mediocre life. I'm not saying yours is going to be, neither am I saying it's how I think of my own life. However, that is because I don't think clearly and delude myself on a daily basis. It boils down to what you hate being the most, mind-numbingly frustrated and emotionally distressed, or lonely. If you are one of the people who actually enjoy your own company and to a large extent have enough and don't feel lonely, I don't recommend a relationship. But no one can make your experiences for you. Have a nice day.

you stop asking if youre with the right person

Now for the little everyday things that makes a keeper.

> Be me watching tv cuddled with her and the doggo at my feet
>i remove my socks and start petting the doggo
>doggo starts licking my feet
> i pet my gf and laugh
> gf and chuckles starts licking my cheek like a doggo
> i laugh and say in a Shakesperian fashion " Oh, the irony. My dog is licking my feet, my gf is licking my cheek and ....
> YOU CANT SUCK YOUR OWN DICK! she says before bursting into laughter (and thats what i was gonna say)
>We laugh like animals for a minute or two
>tell her i love her
>tell me she loves me
> proceeds to give me the succ
> iminheaven.exe

>people call "love" is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed

That's lust, you idiot. I'm sorry that you've never experienced true love. It's a hell of a ride. Better than heaven, better than sex.

/thread

Implying this isn't the random board, you absolute fuckface. Way to repel pussy.

Also /thread

When she can bike to school beside you without the support wheels on the sides

>be me
>touch that post with my hand
>loneliness and death

Conflating equivalent descriptions from two different spheres has illustrative explanatory force but displaces scientific realism into experiential subjective idealism. It's a coping mechanism by naturalistic distance, Rick uses it, and so do you. When science becomes escapism.. the beauty of it.

So true

You better marry that girl faggot, she's a fucking keeper.

Love(tm) is the choice of winners.
#buylove

Love is...
For teenagers and the movies

When you meet someone and everything just works out basically.

Almost like you're on autopilot as they become your romantic relationship.

That's a good way to tell they are the one.

I thought so until I was 33. Then I met someone who showed me what Love was. Fucking hell. I can never go back.

This.

When you spend 10 hours talking, with only peepee breaks, you're on something.

What if you're the kind of person, who genuinely prefers silence. All I'm looking for is a mate who's willing to be silent. And willing for it to be awkward. A primal silence with death is awkward. It's because it means something. If you're feeling comfortable, you're doing life wrong.

How do you find the right person?
>left
Underrated post

You're fucked up. And retarded.

Comfortable silence is a sign that it's a perfect union.

>How do you know when you're with the right person?

"A man in love will mistake a pimple for a dimple." -- Chinese proverb

You have to wait until the initial fascination wears off; the limerance phase will prevent you from rationally assessing compatibility so give it a year before making irreversible decisions.

Other clues
> family says you belong together
> travel w/o arguing or annoying each other
> like talking to her AFTER you cum

It's good because it feels good? You do realize that anything worth doing, is hard and uncomfortable to do? If your spouse is a comfort-pillow, you're harming each other. Or indirectly accepting that everything is meaningless. Which is ok, I just wont recognize you as a human being, and find you fit for the camps. Holocaust the casuals.

when she promises you she wont tell anyone. not even her best friend.

Oh, user. Ive been there too.
Tried to an hero once but was too beta to actually do it.
Happy i didnt
Relationships are hard and sometimes they dont work out and we feel like shit
But think for a minute and be logical.
The only relationship you actually need to perfect is the one you have with yourself.
Start loving you not in a narcissistical way but in a good way.
Like i said i was failing at life miserably , you know what was that made me change?
She told me that she knew that i adored her and i wouldnt do anything to hurt her or make her feel bad.
And she told me that she felt the same. But she couldnt do anything because i was the one that was hurting me the most .
So she said plain and simple: Dont do to yourself things that you wouldnt do to me. If you are unhappy im unhappy and i wont leave you so suck it up and do it or you will make me miserable too.
So bottom line... Take a look at your life in general and pick the person you love the most romantically or not
Would you stuff unhealthy food in her so she gets fat ?
>Would you think less of her if she tried and failed?
> wouldnt you try to help her get a job if she cant find one?
> wouldnt you help her to make her more presentable and prepared to get a job?
>would you let anyone think she is inferior to someone else?
The list goes on.
But whenever you are feeling down keep that in mind. Love yourself.
You are the only person that will stay with you until you die and neglecting that relationship is calling for a disaster.
I agree with all the edgy faggots that say we are alone forever.
But as soon as you realize that you must make the change to be able to live and respect yourself
Once you respect yourself you are likely to meet someone that feels the same.
You know you dont need someone else to be happy but being with someone you love makes it better.
In the end the only relationships that last are the ones where both parts have agreed to be alone together
> inb4 3deep5u

Already did!

True dat .
Then again explaining true love to the ones that never experienced is like explaining how awesome is" to get a tittyfuck from a busty girl that just as you are about to cum she squeezes you balls and pushes her tits to the bottom of your shaft while she pushes you cock so hard through her mouth that you actually feel the back of the throat and she stays there while you pump 3 or 4 wads of cum directly to her throat . After that she takes a breath and smile at you ."..to someone that only fapped or fucked someone they really werent into and didnt enjoy it as much

Straight to the prostate.

if she still hangs around after you fart.

That means she's into scat, which means she's German, which means she looks like a man.

You realize all she did was go and get her pussy railed by a few hung dudes (probably black) because she was bored of your small dicked miserable ass?

And you took her back? It won't be long until she gets another dick in her, you fucking cuck. She lost all respect for you

YO MAD JELLY

I think you've found the right person when you make the choice that the person is right for you.

To elaborate, I think that no one is 100% perfect for anyone, it's impossible. I think when you find "the right one" you constantly make a conscious choice to stay with them, be loyal, and go through life, thick and thin.

This sounds simple but it's a lot harder than it sounds. I'm 3.5 years into a relationship and although I continue to choose my partner, it's not always easy.

There is beauty in loyalty and unconditional love and acceptance.

Unless she cheats, then GTFO.

Uhm, user. Another person than the guy you were discussing with here.
What I see in the notion of feeling completed by another person, is you predicating your own worth on the affection of another person.
If this is something you like, fine, but I'd rather feel complete within myself and be with another complete person I love who loves me back.

You've never known completeness like I have. It was like meeting God. Everything felt right.

I'm scared I'll never feel this again.

Sounds like you were drunk on love hormones man.
Must've felt good.

This^

It went beyond that. We experienced telepathy, for real.

How the fuck will I ever find that with someone else?

How did you find it the first time?

Just never lie to yourself and respect other people thoughts.

A sense of completeness, of happiness. Everything in my life was about being with her. Her very existence made me happy. She felt the same. Everything was redeemed through each other's existence.

I know her friends
I know her family
I know where she works
I know her
Nowhere a hint that she was with another man. Not that i really care. We werent together anymore.
Then again true love is not about sex or posession. Just feels.
The world is full of bitches and assholes. I know.
I dont think she is a bitch or that she was drowning in dick while we were apart.
Then again true relationships are not sex centered .
She makes more money than me
Professional
She is smarter than me
More social skills
7/10.
Could get more appealing dudes than me in a flash.
Everyone knows this
But she wants to be with me.Beats me

My question went more in the direction of, what actions did you take to meet this person, what circumstances did you meet under, stuff like that.
What you're describing sounds very codependent, to the point that I would be a little worried if I felt like that.

Y u don't love Buu?

I've never been with anyone in 26 years. What you asking me for?

It started as a friendship.

When I realised she wanted me, everything changed.

It became insanity.

It ended horribly. I now live in hell.

I'm afraid the one thing I love in a woman is being utterly fucked up.

Holy shit I had a cheese stick last night while sitting in my comp chair.

Well done mate.

It kind of sounds like you guys got into each other to the point of it being dysfunctional.
Having separate personalities outside of the relationship is kind of required to keep sane.

I think we both have major leftovers from abusive pasts and found each other to be from the same planet, and everything exploded. We were like teenagers.

Yeah, that sounds kind of like survivors from a capsized ship clinging to each other on some wood raft.
I mean it's nice that you found each other and felt so strongly, but would you really recommend that other people look for this?

It was the absolute best time of my life. I was so damn happy.

I'm not disparaging that, but it sounds like you both had to go through a bunch of shit and then find each other to achieve it.
Recreating that would be pretty hard to achieve.

People like us seem to have a radar for each other.

Yeah I know how that feels.

cliche to say but you know when. if you have doubts, it aint right

Well my whole day is now in the shitter.

Because of one comment?
Come on user, you can do better than that.

Well...I was being hyperbolic.

This.

But it's real. Don't be an idiot, don't find that out when you're 35 and married already.

True love is real, and it's more amazing than in Disney.

Let's just agree to disagree then, user. It seems you're really happy though and that's great, so I wish you the best.

I feel like ive found someone, but i dont know if she feels the same way.

I met her last year, i started a new job, and we really hit it off swimmingly. I knew as soon as i saw her the first time that i was gonna like her, and she later told me that she felt the same way when she first saw me. We started seeing each other in feb, and for about a month things were great, i really fell pretty hard for her.

Heres the catch: not only is she with another guy, theyre engaged. I knew this from the get go, but she wasnt happy with him and was having second thoughts about the wedding even before i came into the picture. To complicate things even more she has 3 kids, 2 from a previous relationship and a baby with her fiance (she was actually out on maternity leave when i first started at the job, the first time we saw each other that i referenced before was when she brought the baby in for everyone to see).

Well fast forward a bit, she comes to find out that her dude was messing around with nudes n shit on snapchat, idk if he actually fucked around on her she never gave me the details, since long before her and i got together. When she first told me about it i was like sweet, thats gotta be advantage me. The wedding was "postponed to next year", she stopped wearing the ring, theyre still technically together since they bought a house and live there, but shes also gone cold towards me as well.

We barely talk anymore, she acts like she cant stand me at work, and we havent spent any time together in close to 3 months now. Shes says she wakes up in the morning and doesnt know what shes doing anymore and she hates herself right now, shes like completely withdrawn and all that matters to her right now is her kids.

I just dont know what to do. Real hard to be patient here but its not easy when you get absolutely nothing in return, i know she still cares about me cuz she says she doesnt want to hurt me, and ive given her plenty of outs but she hasnt taken them

I've lost everything, I'm not happy. I'm dead.