People from rich countries, I've a few questions about your high school

People from rich countries, I've a few questions about your high school.

>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie? Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
>Do you have a chemical lab where you make experiments? How was it?
>Do you have a big place to play sports with running lanes and equipments?
>How is the food? Do you pay to eat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLY0Ytiju-4
youtube.com/watch?v=3f-1iZ5y35g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie? Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
I personally never saw or experienced this but my course guide swears it's a thing.
No.
Yes, this is standard, even at poor schools.
Shitty, and yes, so everyone just brings their own food from home.

My school wasn't particularly lavish though so anything I said no to may very well apply to the rich kid schools.

no
we had flute so you had to buy a 10 euro flute

yes
you have a few microscopes and you look at bacteria
you make a drawing of the bacteria

we went to the local stadium once a week

not very good
yes

>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie?
yes
>Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
no, just buy your own instrument
>Do you have a chemical lab where you make experiments?
just regular science classes
a gym? yes
>How is the food?
shitty
>Do you pay to eat?
some kids get free lunch some don't

>No
>Yes, boring
>Yes
>Food is good and you pay

>band
Yes

>lab
Yes

>gym
Yes

>food
Shitty

>do you pay
Yes

Thank you very much. What sports did you use to play? I believe you had a great variety.

Yes. No, it was free.

Yes. Decent, although it was a bit too restrictive as we weren't allowed to run experiments outside class hours.

Yes.

Food wasn't provided. Students either brought food from home or spent money at one of the many restaurants nearby.

Yes
Yes, ok, basic experiments, and some "creative" interesting meme experiments
Yes
Bad, depends on your family´s income, and you can request free meals if you do the right paperwork

well yes it's not vry hard you just need a balloon then you can play
-football
-rugby
-handball
-volley

>yes
You guys pay like 2€ per meal, the rest actually ends up being paid by regional government services or whatnot

none, didn't give a shit about sports

Football, handball, tennis, badminton

From a poor country, but I'll still answer.
>Band
Yes, my school had one and I was a part of it. We wore red uniforms and I used to play the bagpipes. No payment was needed as they weren't technically classes.
>Chemical lab
Yes. Every school is supposed to have one. If you took up chemistry in High School then there you are required to do certain practicals (Qualitative salt Analysis, etc.)
>Sports
We just had a big open field, we played sports like football there.
>Food
Everybody is supposed to bring their own lunch from home.

I went to a huge HS and we had some really good facilities. Not sure about a chemical lab since I didn't take chemistry. For sports we had a decent indoor basketball court, and we also had a separate huge basketball arena for the school basketball team and also a football stadium (American football). Cafeteria food was meh, I guess OK, but most kids ate there and very few brought their own lunch.

When I lived in Minnesota hockey was huge there so here is a typical HS championship game to give you an idea. They play at the NHL arena (professional hockey league) and the coverage is really professional complete with the announcers etc. It was pretty awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=KLY0Ytiju-4

Yes. Free, no one but /r9k/ types want to be in it though.

Yes (middle school too). As fun as in those 80s/90s movies.

Yes. My middle school had all the fields, but my high school used the local community colleges field.

Shit. Yes; I didn't get free lunch until my last year, so I was a starvin' marvin most of the time

MD btw

I did lacrosse.

>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie?
Yes
No
Lots of them. Normal I guess.

Yes. We had 2 gymnasiums, a swimming pool and a large place behind the school for track and field baseball and other sports.There was also a weight room for weight lifting and stuff
Yes you pay. I never tried it.

Every HS has a marching band. A random video
youtube.com/watch?v=3f-1iZ5y35g

That would be a bit gay if it wasn't for the half-naked girls
Also what's the point of carrying all those instruments if they don't even use them?

This is so cool. I always wanted to play tennis.

Do you have a picture of your school? I'm curious.

>Yes. Free, no one but /r9k/ types want to be in it though.
Care to explain?

>>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie? Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
We had a military band and a pipe band, and an orchestra and choir
>>Do you have a chemical lab where you make experiments? How was it?
Yes, dunno
>>Do you have a big place to play sports with running lanes and equipments?
We had a couple ovals a pool and a gym
>>How is the food? Do you pay to eat?
Average, yes

actually france is a poor 3rd world shithole full of niggers so i can't answer this thread

A band but without all that uniform bullshit. You are supposed to be able the instrument already.

>Do you have a chemical lab where you make...
Yes but it was pretty meh. Most experiments were just shown.

Yes
>food
Nothing special and you have to pay.

Well it is pretty gay 2bh

I don't have a picture but it's a pretty big private school (most non-poor kids go to private schools here). The campus area is quite large.

>Care to explain?
Band was seen as "uncool" so the school made it free to join. Free wasn't enough to get the "normal" kids to join, so it was just "weirdos."

I was forced to take guitar and piano my last year, so I meet a lot of the band kids that voluntarily took the class. There was one qt, but she had low standards because most guys ignored her. I kinda regret not making a move, but that's high school.

faggot

And btw, the German public school system is already elitist and tiered by performance. The good students that will go to college are already separated from them that will only go to vocational school, though it's permeable.

This means that private schools effectively are special-ed for rich retards here. If you tell a German that you went to a private school the first thought will be: 'Huh, couldn' t make it in the public system and mommy and daddy had to make sure you graduate. '

>>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie?
We have musical instruments but no bands.
>>Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
free
>>Do you have a chemical lab where you make experiments? We did that in class every week
How was it? ok i guess
yes
Good, no

your schools are cool

No, you watch too many american movies.

A sort of. It was with stuff from the 80s

A gym but without running lanes and just with swedish ladders

Again you watch too many American movies. School ends at 1 pm and you go eat home.

you couldn't even fucking imagine how well equipped my school was, very wealthy public school with a huge passion for arts and sports and basically everything was free except minor club fees

That's a good question which way is better. Here everyone goes to the same HS even thought the programs are completely different but both smart kids and no so smart kids go to the same school. I guess if you are smart/rich you'd prefer the German system so you'd have the bragging rights.

>band
massive band, our marching band was top 5 in the nation at the time
>chem
was a pretty good chem lab, only open to juniors and seniors though
>sports
yes, but band was better equipped than the sports team. Still had track, indoor pool, basketball court, baseball field, a couple tennis courts, soccer field, and a mini stadium for football as well as stadium lighting and various bleachers
>food
terrible but we were allowed to drive to fast food places during lunch

>People from rich countries

>He has an internet access
You don't fool anyone, "favela guy".

>be 8
>live in germany
>fail your school art project
>«uh oh user, you left too much glue on your collage composition? Well that's too bad for you»
>teacher ticks the "hauptschule" box on the transcript
>«enjoy becoming a plumber lol, try again next life»

>since I didn't take chemistry
How is chemestry optional? What are the mandatory subjects there?

This sounds like a good way of making sure people actually go into trades. Our school had trade classes, but teachers and counselors only ever talked about college, and everybody of every skill level went to the same school. So kids thought that the only possibilities were
>"you're good enough to go to college which is a good idea no matter what bullshit degree you get"
and
>"You're a fuckup and won't amount to anything, work a minimum wage job"
Which is why our trades are so understaffed (median age in many is 45+). Because of the lack of people, the wages are higher than a college degree most of the time but people don't do it because they don't know its an option or are too lazy.

>«enjoy becoming a plumber lol, try again next life»
implying plumvers don't earn more than engineers

in what world mario?

in the real world. STEM is a meme

Not too much of an exaggeration actually, but seriously not everything is a university degree here. Vocational schools are pretty good and our dual education system has served as a model for several other countries.

Though, the OECD still complains about our low rate of young people in tertiary education while in countries like Canada nursing is a college degree while that's not true for Germany. So not really comparable.

Well the usual STEM classes, English, foreign languages. etc. From the science section I believe I took physics, astronomy, and biology.

Didn't have a band and I don't remember if there was a music club or not.

Well every chemistry lessons were done in special chemistry classroom with lab bench, gaz outlets for bunsen burners, microscopes and other lab equipment needed for the different experiments.

Mmh, we had some space for when our physical education class didn't need a lot of room or special equipments (table tennis, sprint, weight training...). When we had swimming classes, rugby or relay/long-distance races for example, we went to a sports park 15mn away by bus.

I didn't eat in the high-school's cafeteria but if it's the same as the uni ones, then the food is not very good and you pay a little over 3€ per lunch. Kinda expensive for what it is.

Yes, that's what I'm implying

Vocational schools sure are great if you actually CHOOSE to go there, that's what "vocational" stands for.

kek mario promoting the plumbers
why am i not surprised

Your choices are always limited by your performance. But I personally agree that the children are separatdd too early. I also think that we should eliminate one of the school branches which has already happened in several states.

The shares of students that are attedning the different types is a bit ooff balance nowadays due to grade inflation.

And here's why nothing good is designed in Italy anymore.

My high school kicked fucking assholes.

Then lost to San Diego but only

ONLY because it had the backing of the UNited states NAVY.

next go round.

murrkan football incase

Yes and they smell like shit and vomit after years of use and sweaty friday night football games. People who did not know how to play were placed in the "special" band and were ridiculed.
t. trumpet player
Yes but ours sucked since my school was ancient with outdated equipment
Yes every big high school in texas has place for pretty much every sport
soccer
football
track
tennis
swimming
weight room
volleyball
pretty shitty thanks to michael obama
most of us didn't pay since we usually lied on the form that asks us how much our parents make. But every highschool has that one place every kid goes to eat and chill after school. Ours was the whataburger across the street.

MO MO MO MO MO MO BA BA BA BA BA DA DA DA DA

Besides, if you were as unfortunate to attend a lower school tier you can just add two to three more school years in order to get the other diploma that gives you the university allowance.

The biggest hurrdl for most is that you have to take a second language to English which all students had to study at the top tier school.

Yes. No.
Yes. Fun.
>Do you have a big place to play sports with running lanes and equipment's?
Yes
Food sucked, mommy made all my lunches :3

>>>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie? Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
yes. no.
yes. i didn't really like it though, because i don't like the smell of chemical lab
yes. all in all, my school is quite well equipped, though it doesn't have an exclusive running lane (there is a 400 meter track in a nearby park).
most students brought bento from home. you can also buy your lunch in school, it wasn't that good.

my school was pretty much like those in anime in terms of facilities, except for the fact it was a boy's school :(

>music class or band
>chemical labs
>big places to play sports with running lanes and equipments?
Don't you really have any of these things in Brazil?

Swede on vacation in Japan

Yes
>Do you have a chemical lab where you make experiments? How was it?[
Yes, but the floor was made of stone materials which made chairs moving noisy as fuck so I hated being there, did some pretty cool experiments though
One absolutely humongous indoor sports hall with all kinds of equipment
Outside the school was another sports hall that we used frequently, and then like 40 meters away from the school there was a huge barn that also was converted into a sports hall but it was allegedly haunted so we only used it very very rarely, around the area there was also a shit loads of running grounds and even a petting zoo (not related to the school obviously but we could pet the animals if whenever we wanted)
This was all next to a huge forest which we used frequently for outdoor activities
Food was free and good, too much salad though

Yes. Our school had a marching band, ages hundres kids.

Yes, we had several laboratory for chemistry, biology, or physics

A stadium? Yes

The food would probably be considered wonderful in a poor country. Most people ate it

>>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie? Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
We have a school band, no uniform, no fee to join.
Yes, and pretty boring
It's kind of big and has some equipment, but there is no indoor track
Food is pretty bad, you don't have to pay for breakfast but you do for lunch which is why no one eats the school lunch

>not even rich country but my state school have all of those
How poor is brazil anyway? I guess it all depend on the schools.

Those biology experiments like dissect a frog is a common exercise among North Americans education? Or it is movie stereotype...

>I used to be good at biology, but I can't handle open a creature to see their guts. Absolutely Disgusting

OP is probably sleeping, it's fukken late here.

rich coutries are overrated

No
Yes
Not really
No
Shit, yes

Pretty much everyone dissects a frog. We also dissected worms and fetal pigs.

Went to a smallish (~800 student) private high school.
There was a band, and several ranks of music classes, but no band uniforms or marching. The local public schools had music classes starting in elementary school, but pretty much anyone that took it seriously also took private lessons.
Yes. Not particularly interesting, but I didn't take the advanced chemistry class.
Baseball field, football field (also used for soccer and lacrosse), but due to space constraints the track wasn't regulation.
Mediocre. Yes you had to pay.
We did fetal pigs in 10th grade biology.

What kind of shitty school did you go that didn't have a physics/chemistry lab and a sports center? Even for Brazil standards, I think only a school in the middle of nowhere would lack such things.

It's not uncommon, but marching band is kind of the place where the band kids went. My high school didn't have one because we were a relatively poor area, but bigger schools had them,
Yes, but it wasn't well stocked. Also when you say "make experiments" what we really did was three times in the year we followed a cookbook on our chemistry experiments, which were simple things like introduction to spectroscopy (burned some salts and used the OLD AS FUCK SCHOOL method of determining absorbance spectra) and right before winter break we made peanut brittle in one.
Unfortunately, yes. They were kind of a waste of school funding if you ask me. That said I didn't play many sports when I was in HS.
Shit, and yes it cost money. Unless you were poor enough for state-funded lunches.

also had two basketball gyms, though only one had spectator seating

>escola estadual

wow wow, thread explained, OP is a fucking poor loser

>>Do you have a band with uniform and musical instruments in your school like in the movie?
No school band but we have gamelan club and makes money during not schooling days. Usually invited to play in formal functions by corporate, so we had uniforms for those occasions.
Do you need to pay to learn how to play?
Yes, it's the club activity.
Yes. There's Biology labs, Physics labs, Chemistry labs. My personal favourite is the Physics lab because cool stuff when learning waves types. We had explosion in Chemistry labs because my former teacher was carelessly dropped a reactive metal in the water and there was fireworks and explosions in the chaotic class.
>>Do you have a big place to play sports with running lanes and equipment?
We had big football and hockey/softball grass field. I wish we had swimming pools too. We had gyms but only privileged athletes can use them.
Affordable, sometimes it's suck and sometimes the menu's good. I did hangout with the cafe aunties and big bros so sometimes they gave me and friends free meals. I missed those foods.

>Yes, it's the club activity.
Cancel this. Actually, it's totally free because it's club activity with teacher adviser, unless you want to take lessons from outside.

It surprises me, even my schools had these things and I'm from the poorest state in Mexico. I thought Brazil was supposed to be the "best" of LatAm.