Come on guys, show your ride

Come on guys, show your ride.

Mine: Honda NC750X

50ccm?

Kawasaki Ninja H2

fake and gay

Hell of a bike :O

2008 zx6r p8f

No fake and no gay, I've more pics if you don't believe me.

still saving for a bigger one, friends

125cc....... need to wait 4 years before I'm allowed to ride something bigger

Honda Shadow 750 ACE

Always wanted one when I was 16...

Underage detected

19yo

Why wait, is it the law?

so you're serious with that bike?

Does currently saving for one count?

I am.

16yo-50cc
18yo-125cc
20yo-450cc
22yo-600cc
24yo-unlimited cc

Well in that particular case, yes.

What country?!

The Netherlands but they may change it (they already changed it a few times) used to be 22yo-unlimited

I'm thinking about driving a Suzuki DR650 in the future, does anyone have any experience with this motorcycle?

Spend my first two hours in driving school on that bike. Pretty easy to handle but not much power behind it.

Triumph Daytona 675

>me likey

82 gs 750

that is the minivan of bikes.

pls allow me a cultivated guess:
you are around 40, live in a german speaking country, and use this to get away from the family
every once in a while

I didn't know this was a bike for a driving school. I don't need too much power since I don't want to race, but travel, also a little bit off road, in the alpes for example. I like 1cylinder machines and it has kind of a rock'n'roll character.

I just love the cafe racer bikes. Bare bones, no frills, just has everything a bike needs to work.

Well, no.

I'm 27, wanted a bike which I can use to travel on weekends (with my girlfriend) while not being expensive (e.g. BMW).

But yes, I live in Luxembourg, so you're not that bad on the country although we speak Luxembourgish, French and German.

Well it's not an exclusive 'driving school bike' but they used it for the first few hours because its easy handling. So perfect for starters.

brrmm

1983 Honda Cub 90.

Frësch frësch!
Do you like driving in the Ardennes or Eifel or where do you go? Sounds like a biking paradise but a friend of mine from Köln told me, on the weekends it's full of Dutch.

They're nice but I don't like to ride them because they're not that comfortable.

Yes, Ardennes, Eifel, even Switzerland if you've got a few days time. And yes, Luxembourg is pretty full of dutch all over the whole summer...

Funny, I ride a 250cc by choice. I know if I was on a 1400cc monster, I would full throttle that bitch on the freeway until the bearings blew up and the wheels fell off. I have to have limits. So I full throttle a 250 and laugh at myself because I know I have restraint in the shop but not on the street.

maico 490

Too bad I need the license before I can even test drive. I'm thinking of getting the license, because it seems fun. Also a good way to travel short distances, you're quick, can move through traffic jams and it doesn't need much gas.

Nice one, how fast can you go with it?

Ducati 1098s

>driving
You don't "drive" a motorcycle, you ride it faggot

Just over 50mph while wringing the neck off it. It looks pretty differant now since I'm about to travel around the world on it.

Too bad the wish for a bike occurs to me now that I'm about to move to the north of Germany, but well... at least Harz, South of Poland and Czech Republic are not too far away. But I'm dreaming of exploring the alpes, never mind if Switzerland, Italy, France..

That seems like a shit riding position and would only be good for a short stint maybe at 40mph tops to a Starbucks to flip your scarf back over your shoulder, pull your too tight goggles from your sweaty eyes, brush your thin trimmed mustache and check the cuffs on your fine Italian leather jacket before ordering some obscure novelty coffee and pulling your MacBook air out to type your next brilliant thought on tumbler.

whats the name of it

Billy

Bad timing isn't it?

class act bro

Thank you faggot, now go and play with something poisonous.

Sounds like a big adventure. When are you going to start? Are you from Ireland or is it part of your route?

What can you do? But I consider it as an everyday vehicel to get around, not exclusively for long trips through the mountains.

You're right, I use mine almost everyday (if the weather allows me to do so: I don't ride in the rain)

2002 Honda Hornet

Kawasaki vulcan drifter

It's named a Honda Scroll-Up-And-See fuckweed

Why not? With the right gear you can even drive through a little bit of rain. Maybe not during monsun time, but still.. What do you drive instead, when you need to go somewhere? I don't mind bad weather, never really did.

Never heard of this model. Weird name!

Well I also got a car (Renault Megane Grandtour 2011) which I use in the rain, during winter or if I need to carry something big.

My bike is for the sunny days, not for the disgusting ones :D

I've got lots of experience with these bikes...they're fucking tanks. Simple big single cylinder thumpers. Torque monsters. Decent off road, a bit heavy and softly sprung but still decent. Awesome on road, will comfortably do 150 km/h on the highway.

This is from riding in Costa Rica last winter.

How bout I drive my dick up your ass nigger

Don't have a bike yet, but I was looking at DRZ400s for $2-3k in my area for a cheap, reliable dual sport. The WR250Rs are nice, but used they run $5-6k and need another $1-2k to hit the power the DRZ400 has.

I figure the WR makes a better supermoto/bike if you want to spend the money.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I think torque is important when you want to go off road and that's what I expect from a single cylinder. Since the machines are a bit older, I recon they're quite simple to maintain? What are the weakes parts you know of?
Heavy is not a problem, softly sprung.. well, I'll see, since I know only very little about bikes.
From where did you start?

Ok, I can see that. Have fun then and drive safe pal.

Same

The older machines are simpler to maintain and fix, but the matinance intervals are shorter due to older engineering methods and parts can be a hassle to produce (more money).

If you want a good around bike, look into dual sports like the DRZ400 or WR250r. The Suzuki SV650s are also great.

There are no weak parts to these bikes...they haven't changed the design in 20 years. They're ultra simple to maintain - change the oil twice a season and clean your air filter frequently and you'll be ahead of most owners.

Compare this to a KTM 450 and you're supposed to change the oil after every ride..it's fucked. But the KTM will walk all over a DR650 off road. It's all what you want out of a bike.

We rented those in San Jose, the capital city of CR. I've done this trip 3 times now, just get bikes and go wherever the hell you feel like it and drink a bunch of beers along the way. End up in some small town and grab a 30 dollar room for the night and eat some rice and beans. It's fucking paradise.

Nice idea, thanks...

1984 Nighthawk 700S

You're a moron

Timestamp?

What a qt

That's the most 80s goddamn bike I've ever seen

Looks like it rolled right out of Robocop

Why do you say that?

Cafe fag reporting in!

I was thinking the exact same thing...

Hmm, good tips, but the DRZ400 seems to be smaller (I'm 1,87m), doesn't look as stable like the DR650, the WR250r might not be strong enough for mountain trips and long distances (but I'm really a beginner, that's just what I think from the specs) and the SV650s is more of a street bike, isn't it?
Sorry, I think I'm a little bit in love with the DR650, haha.
But which parts would you need to get produced? Aren't there enough spare parts on the market?

Dutchfag here, you can get unlimited cc at 22 if you have 2 years of experience on A2 license

im a bike mechanic, that thing is a polished turd

Your KTM comment. You have no idea what you're talking about

In Luxembourg its age 21 if you have the two years experience on A2

Nice. There are more exciting machines out there, but something about that bike is just plain fun.

Thanks

>But which parts would you need to get produced? Aren't there enough spare parts on the market?

I respectfully disagree with his opinion. Parts are ultra easy to find and maintenance is low. DRZ is also a good bike as well but you'll outgrow the power quite quickly.

That is BS, the Honda is a relyable comfortable sportive great motorcycle, more like a honda Civic in car terms. Great bike OP. My mate has one for commuting. I drove it a few times. It is not a rocket but is was never designed to be one. This is my bike. It is a rocket piece of art but it has a new electrical issue every week.

Heres the dash

Seems nice to me! Would love to try it

Which part, the maintenance or the offroad capability?

This is so god damn oldschool charming.

35K km or miles?

I do about 3500km a year.

Miles. Although this is not the original dash so the odo is off. Bike really has about 20 k miles.

That worn paint triggers me user

You should restore that shit

This thread gives me happiness. More bike talk please,

Future MT09 owner here.

And I do know a thing or two about bikes...I started riding at the age of 7...I ride the Yamaha 450 in this pic, and my buds ride the Husky 510 and the KTM 500. This is in the back woods of BC in an abandoned logging camp we found

Future like in 10 years?

I'm not sure but maybe it's the same in the Netherlands. I just know that you can start taking A2 lessons when you're 20

AX100, from argentina! nice bikes, Here they are very expensive

In Luxembourg you can take A2 at the age of 18, but you cannot take A before the age of 21.

Twice a year, are you sure? I don't know much about bikes, so genuine question. But I would take good care of my bike to have fun with it as long as possible.

Also I don't know much about the KTMs, but this particular one is too much enduro for me.
Not I'm curious too.
I would never call you a moron, but I don't like the idea to drink while driving. That's a no go for me, but that's just, like, my opinion I guess. Despite from that it sounds like a good trip for the weekends.

Looks like new