Trump in apparent reverse on taxes for rich

bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36239546

Ready for the Trump who's pro gun control, abortion, and gay rights?

I really hope no one's surprised by this 'unforeseeable' turn of events.

Bernie bro here, just along for popcorn.gif at this point

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/politics/few-stand-in-trumps-way-as-he-piles-up-the-four-pinocchio-whoppers/2016/05/07/8cf5e16a-12ff-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b
youtube.com/watch?v=KIaXVntqlUE
youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII
britannica.com/topic/neoliberalism
ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Free_Trade.htm
telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/26/washington-post-confirms-hillary-clinton-started-the-birther-movement/
washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-flip-flops-then-flips-and-flops-more-on-h-1b-visas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wants to still lower the taxes
>says he won't be able to lower it as much due to having to negotiate the plan with democrats
You're shilling is really weak

Not to be a Trump apologist, but that looks to be consistency rather than a reversal. I can't say I'm all that hot on anybody's tax plan, but it's not as though we're electing a dictator anyway.

I still like Cruz's flat tax rate idea more.

I'm sorry I don't get US news from the fucking BBC

>I have a plan
>I have to negotiate the terms with an opposing party
>change some aspects of plan

>OMG FUCKING REVERSAL HILLARY 2016!!!!!1

Hmmm on your 30 min break from eating hillarys dirty pussy are we?

Cruz would have been demolished by Hillary. It wouldn't have been a contest.

regressive taxation is retarded

The rich can easily afford higher taxation than the poor/working class

Anyone who falls for the flat tax meme is just being conned by Steve Forbes.

Cucked by the Donald, and you can't even admit it.

> tfw Trump played negotiation hardball with voters

hey reddit

reddit falls for retarded memes all the time so they would probably fall for the flat tax too

OP here, still a Bernie bro, still unsurprised by your lack of reading comprehension.

>tfw Trump played negotiation hardball with voters
Of course he did. What else could you expect?

All I can say is I don't see anything yet to be much more or less upset about than I was before.

>berniebro
admitted shill then
get the fuck out of here nigger

If you're a Bernie fag why would you care if Trump would raise the minimum wage and lower taxes for the rich less?

That should make you like him "more"

Yes, I agree. As a North Korean, I know my nation's news agencies are the only ones I can trust.

>hillary gets the dem nom
>the plant starts stumping himself
like a fiddle

ABAWLISH THE IRS

FILE YOUR TAXES ON A POSTCARRD

BREAKING: berniebro OP is a retárd

Really what he should do is be working to get Bernie through the primary process rather than attack Trump. So the logical conclusion is that this person is a Hillary plant.

Bernietards obsession with Trump makes no sense

all their effort is going towards someone that Bernie isn't currently running against

The point is that Trump doesn't give a shit about you, what you want, what's good for you, or anything beyond the man's 58-story ego.

For instance, if he gave a shit, he'd check his facts:

washingtonpost.com/politics/few-stand-in-trumps-way-as-he-piles-up-the-four-pinocchio-whoppers/2016/05/07/8cf5e16a-12ff-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b

... but since he gives 0 shits, he says whatever will get your vote. It doesn't matter that if he's elected, his policies and promises won't make sense or be practicable. He knows you can't read / won't fact-check him anyway.

Considering that the income tax doesn't pay for anything, getting rid of the IRS is the obvious thing to do. It's just that you're lucky to not get executed in broad daylight if you go around talking smack about the banking cartel.

It's all well and good for the executive to signal that he might not suck banker cock every single morning, but really it's the job of Congress to do something about the problem.

For me, it's more a fascination with Sup Forums. I saw the article and thought it would be relevant to your interests.

It's great to be on the leading edge of Trump vs. reality.

>Berniebro thinks tax cuts for the working class and raising the minimum wage are bad policies

I'm starting to think you're a /hillaryartillery/

Trump said LONG ago if he's elected he's probably going to have to pay more in taxes.

Remember?

>Trump's supporters
>those, uh, lower class, underemployed supporters
>betrayed by the Dolan by...
>him acting in their best interests
How d-DARE we act in our own interests?!

Bernie's not going to win the primary. Unless Hillary gets indicted, which sadly is unlikely, it's back to the Senate for Sanders.

Anyway, I already donated to his campaign, and I'll vote for Bernie in the California primary :^)

Again

In what way is "higher taxes for the rich" and lower taxes for the working class" bad for the working class regular guy that votes Trump

I'm starting to think you ALL have autism.

He hasn't budged an inch on immigration. Usually that's the first thing Republicans drop. It's stupid to raise taxes when the government doesn't need more revenue when there is plenty to cut. But the left wants stupid shit and I can live with a bit of a raise in taxes as long as he builds a wall and deports the illegals.
I support a flat tax. Not because it's fair but because the poor need to understand what the free shit they vote for costs. The poor don't pay any income taxes. With ta flat tax they'll pay and when they want to vote themselves free shit it'll be easy to demonstrate instantly exactly how much they'll pay more in taxes when the policy gets implemented.

Bernie's doing better than people (including myself) expected. I think it's still useful to get as much leverage out of that as is possible. He's no antichrist, as far as I know.

It was a long, hard, road to get Trump into the position he is now, and this game isn't over until it's over. Surrender is not an option if you want to win the fight.

Wow, good point. Are you sure YOU aren't a Bernie bro? :0

>the poor need to understand what the free shit they vote for costs.

It doesn't cost anything. money doesn't come from the rich it comes from the government.

youtube.com/watch?v=KIaXVntqlUE

taxes only exist to temper inflation.

If anything taxes should be far lower right now because inflation is so low.

>BBC NEWS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wtf are you talking about Bernout?

Agreed but it wont happen, Cruz would end up just making us look stupid we have to slowly work towards it; but GOPe instead allowed dems to slowly walk us the other way instead

How much does hillary pay?

>The poor don't pay any income taxes

How do you define "the poor?" Is it the dying middle class who gets absolutely fucked by income tax compared to, say, Mitt Romney or Warren Buffett?

Anyway, I'm a fiscally conservative Bernie bro. We need to drastically cut back the federal budget, and defense spending is the perfect area to start making cuts.

I understand that English is hard for you, and that "Bernie" is one of those weird proper nouns. If you check the dictionary and read my FP, however, you'll find that I'm not a Hillary supporter.

Thanks for your interest, tovarisch :^)

I assume he means EBT moms

But since you're a berniehernia you deny those exist

youtube.com/watch?v=NzspsovNvII

>Anyway, I'm a fiscally conservative Bernie bro. We need to drastically cut back the federal budget

So you're a neoliberal shill too? Typical Berniecucks

Their reporting is certainly hilarious when it comes to gun control in America. I guess it's you Britbongs hugging yourself and wishing the nanny state would just make knife crime go away.

When it comes to American politics, though, they're pretty good at pointing out hard truths. Easy to be brutally honest without a horse in the race.

Cruz's plan was not regressive, it was based on a flat rate unlike our current bracketed system, but it still scaled progressively. It's simple, fair, and easily modifiable. I've been advocating the exact same thing for years and I'm surprised it's taken a politician this long propose it.

While the BBC does some good work, most of the time it's analysis of US domestic news is shameless globalist wanking. There aren't many news sources I would categorically decry, but this is a combination for which I have quite an absence of praise.

his current policy already raises tax on rich by effective tax rate

> Neoliberalism, ideology and policy model that emphasizes the value of free market competition.

A... are you a-anti free markets, user?

britannica.com/topic/neoliberalism

>it's flat but it's progressive

This Cruz denial is ridiculous. All a flat tax does is shift the tax burden onto the working class even more than other regressive systems (like social security)

How many times does anyone think "boy social security sure is a great system I wish it worked this way for "everything"

>falling for such an obvious scam

shipping all your jobs to China is not "the free market"

There is no analysis here. There is what Trump said to raise your vote-donger, and what Trump is saying now to prepare you for ultimate cuckery.

From all this BBC-focused issue-doding, I'm surprised we don't see more Russian flags ITT

> shipping all your jobs to China is not "the free market"

Indeed!

ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Free_Trade.htm

RT does some rather good work on US domestic things.

Well, maybe "rather good" is going to far, but it's just so easy to poke holes in our own reporting that you can't blame them for having fun yanking our chains 24/7.

One of the foremost things I like about Bernie is his apparent stance on trade. Maybe you think I'm falling for a load of BS. Maybe I think you're falling for a load of BS. But I think we have a far better shot at it with my pile.

BBC is a shitty neocon propaganda site, but it's not like there are many alternatives

then why do you think that cutting spending is good?

It's a neoliberal scam designed to funnel money into wall street instead of the real economy.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html

>RT does some rather good work on US domestic things.

where is the proofs?

>we have a far better shot at it with my pile.

Maybe. But with Trump, who knows? He only appears to care for himself. Past performance is the best indicator of future performance. Bernie's solid in this area.

In Trump's case, past performance indicates you're getting cucked hard, in a straightforward economic interpretation of the metaphor.

This is a good thing. Everyone one Sup Forums knows the "1%" are just Jews who manipulate the value of money to make themselves that rich.

So now that Trump's moving to the left for the GE, will Sup Forums finally renounce him or just keep making excuses until he's a slightly rightist Hillary?

Tune in next week to find out!

> then why do you think that cutting spending is good?

I'm not sure whose tail you're chasing. Anyway, defense spending cuts mean more money in my pocket, and more of the existing budget to repurpose for e.g. infrastructure spending.

For instance, the DC metro is forced to shut down for maintenance while the MASSIVE defense contractor industry suckles hard on the government teat. Disgraceful.

>This Cruz denial is ridiculous. All a flat tax does is shift...
It's not a strict flat tax, though. The threshold for taxable income makes it progressive and shifts the burden off lower income earners.

>10% flat rate; threshold of $36,000
>make $36,000 pay $0 in income tax; 0% of income
>make $60,000 pay $2,400 in income tax; 4% of income
>make $200,000 pay $16,400 in income tax; 8.2% of income
>make $5,000,000 pay $496,400 in income tax; 9.9% of income

progressive

Lief gets it :^)

These right wing retards will support him no matter what. They're idiots.

>proofs
As with anything, if you want to find them then you have to go search them out. RT is largely a psychological operation, and they're doing about as good a job as you would expect Russia to be doing without totally discrediting itself.

And I agree with your analysis about Trump's past performance. It took me quite some time to come around to thinking I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I'm basically in a holding pattern for now waiting to see if something will come up to convince me that I was wrong or that there is a better alternative come November. Frankly, I don't find Bernie's past performance to be inspiring, but I'd take the time to revisit that conclusion if he were to get through the primaries.

F L I P
L
O
P

A G A I N
AND THE PEOPLE ON THIS SUB-CHAN SERIOUSLY THINKS DRUMPF CAN WIN!
JUST WAIT UNTIL HE FLIPS ON THE WALL
THE TEARS WILL BE DELICIOUS

>proud bipolar
FUCK
Autistic pride is fine, but bipolar? You need fucking treatment, not pride

Where can I be hired? Is the pay good?

Yes, as an American, I trust Pravda to get me accurate news

Didn't Hillary and her campaign actually start that rumor?
breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/09/26/washington-post-confirms-hillary-clinton-started-the-birther-movement/

Funny how everyone fell for the Trump meme and as SOON AS HE HAS it locked in he starts backpeddling and trying to collect some of the Bernie votes.

I think your analogy got lost on the way to the bust stop.

Or, are you

?

jk, 73405286 actually sounds halfway reasonable

FUCKING LMAO

so cmon, trump supporters, explain this shit

Wait... so you be sayin'

that TRUMP fell...

for the Hillary meme?!?!?!?

Raising taxes on the rich means he's going to deal with carried interest. The tax trick that investor jews use to not pay taxes that they should. He has said this all along.

But that was going to happen the whole time. That's how election cycles work.

I hope this isn't a surprise to anybody. I hope nobody is surprised as Hillary takes her own shift to the right to try to pick up more swing voters.

Why is this a bad thing?

Under his current tax cut plan trump would increase the deficit by over 10trillion dollars, even more than obongo.

And the bulk of that is coming from his huge rate slash on top earners, not the fact that people under 50k wil pay no federal income tax.

He understands the arithmetic, you can just slash the rate from 39 to 20 on top earners and expect to balance the budget in any world.

Read the actual article, it's absolutely nothing.

Do you ever sleep?

>Bernie bro

>Bernie bro

You aren't smart. In the real world, you negotiate. He presents his ideal tax, they present their ideal, you haggle a bit and you get it passed congress. For something like tax especially, this is a realistic expectation and is consistent with everything he's ever said.

I'm sure you think Bernie can magic everything he wants passed congress. There's absolutely no way that would happen.

I know, but you just gotta know some of the new guys really thought he was legit with all of his promises. Now he hires someone from G&S months after he shit on Cruz's wife for working there. Trump really is a great politician and fooled a bunch.

That's how AMERICAN elections work, due to fucked-up side effects of our current constitutional process. There are other ways, such as the parliamentary system, which incentivize less political lying / exaggeration.

You're not a Bern victim. Stfu and tell me how much she pays and if she's hiring. I'm way better than you are at shilling.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I can say the absolute same thing with Trump supporters and Bernie

>I'm way better than you are at shilling

Yes, I'm sure RT trained you well.

Go kneel at your local Lenin statue and beg for more reading comprehension.

Something that hardcore conservatives can't seem to understand is that the huge majority of people would be fine with taxing the rich if it means saving social security and such

You can win the majority of republicans with that message

Trump:
>I'm going to build a wall
President trump:
>congress said we're not building a wall

Trump:
>we're going to ban Muslims

President trump:
>the United nations is going to impose massive economic sanctions if we ban Muslims so were going to allow refugees.

Trump:
>we're gonna bring back manufacturing jobs

President trump:
>bringing back manufacturing jobs will bankrupt or move the biggest industries completely overseas killing the value of the American dollar so that's not gonna happen.

Trump supporters:
>he's allowed to change his mind.

Post presidency trump supporters:
>he fuckin lied to us.

Kek.

I'm with you on that one. It's not only retarded to always be voting for the lesser of two evils but also hanging everything on the CEO of the federal government rather than all the other people to vote in or out.

I'm voting Bernie in part because I know Congress would him in.

I'm posting on Sup Forums because Trump's flip-flopping is gr8. I predict that this is only the beginning.

Just kidding, it's only the continuation:

washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-flip-flops-then-flips-and-flops-more-on-h-1b-visas/

would rein* him in

I'm not reading you wrong, your writing is shit. Thats why I want to nominate myself as your replacement if the pay is adequate. I mean could you at least try being less obvious?

I'm just trolling you, Estoniahead, as you clearly have nothing to contribute to this conversation. You're not giving me much to work with, though...

Why is your posting so low-energy? Is your country getting DDoSed again?

A flat tax has an unequal burden and Cruz's proposed rate of 10% is too drastic a change from what we currently have.

My own plan for when I become a politician is to have 7 tax brackets, which follow as
>below x, the average income per person for the year - 0%
>x - 2x - 10%
>2x - 4x - 13%
>4x - 8x - 16%
>8x - 16x - 19%
>16x - 32x - 22%
>32x+ - 25%
This, along with a law that forbids income taxes above 25% and a complete removal of all tax breaks and loopholes seems like the best approach to me but I'd appreciate feedback

Yeah, pretty much this.

The glory of the Trump campaign is how supporters think, "he will use superior negotiating power to fight for us in Washington!", but really it's "he will honeydick us so hard we'll shit Trump Cum (tm) for days"

>Muh fairness.
>Probably get your logic from skimming Atlas Shrugged and reading about autistic Libertarian philosophy.
>Not understand that ALL empirical evidence suggests flat taxes are a fucking terrible idea.
>Outing yourself as economically illiterate.

t. Thomas Piketty.

>muh bankers waaaaaahhhh

kill yourself reddit

If I weren't economically illiterate I wouldn't be on Sup Forums

>defense spending cuts mean more money in my pocket,

No, it objectively doesn't

What's the point of calling it a flat tax and abolishing the IRS if it's going to be progressive anyway?

You still need the IRS (or whatever you replace it with) to determine how much people make so you can put them in the right bracket.

wasn't bernie bros seen as "undermining" and wasn't denounced.

I know it's cool to be able to identify yourself with the candidate to some extent, but so really Trumpfags want as president someone that doesn't have a clue about foreign or economic policy. You can btfo his nil awareness just by reading the newspaper once a week.

nah we attack hillary

When was the last time any Trump supporters protested at Bernie rally?

Oh right it was never

Why doesn't Trump do a super progressive tax i.e. 0% up to 50k and 20% %50-70k 25% $70-200k, 30% 200k, and then something like 40% 500K +

>Addresses concerns of inequality.
>Raise revenues from rich with higher brackets and less deductions.
>Low income people get tax cuts.
>???
>Profit?

Also, why does AMerica have such shitty minimum wage laws?

1. It DOES need raising, and
2. Why don't you guys have a minimum wage that increases with age like Australia? You only get the full minimum wage at 18, and before than you get paid a lot less. Doing this will increase the employment of teens and most importantly, those unskilled teens who live in disadvantaged areas and really need a job.

>implying we wanted trump to tax the muh job creators even more
This is actually good.