Anyone here on Sup Forums that feels like they can "read" people and see through their bullshit?

Anyone here on Sup Forums that feels like they can "read" people and see through their bullshit?

No I get fooled everytime

Just don't be one of those that lunes that lives in an imaginary world created by their theories instead of reality

I have spent a lot of time lying, and i am good at reading people. I am pretty good at poker, but im not a fucking wizard. OP, are you good at realizing when someone is lying?

I wouldn't say I'm good at recognizing lies, because that's pretty tough to do. A lot of people cover their lies up really well. Plus it's never good to assume anything and make a false accusation. Even though I try to avoid it as much as I can, it's natural for me to make judgements about others. Still though, I usually go with my gut feeling, and if given a lot of time to analyze a situation, the feeling never fails me. There might be an imaginary "sixth sense" out there that I don't know about.

Yup always could and manipulate everyone to get what I want. I can tell when people are ill too. I knew my grandpa was gonna die and he did and then I guessed the neighbor was gonna die next and she keeps having seizures and is gonna probably die. Everyone has told me that I'm "too quiet" I just think I'm autistic, but never went and go checked. Been neet for 5 years now.

I've been a salesman for 12 years and I can read people like a book at this point. I was actually aspie as fuck when I started.

If you want to learn to read people, do sales.

Hmm, this is very relatable. It sounds to me like you're introverted. I'm an introvert too and analyze people in a social setting before I start talking to anyone. I don't know if I'm autistic or not either as I've never been checked. But whatever it is, I think that most people lack this ability, and it leaves me feeling pretty lonely fairly often. It sucks when you can't make mental connections with anyone, and when you do, it's few and far between. I've accepted myself for who I am though and I'm proud of it no matter how lonely I feel sometimes.

I really think we are autistic

My dad is nuts so I probably inherited a little bit

I don't know if it's autism. I can pick up on other people's emotions pretty well, and that's something that autistic people lack. Intense focus and awareness of your surroundings are definitely attributes I have though. I feel like everyone is in Lalaland whenever I'm out and just peoplewatching.

Yes OP.
Spend time in nature, see the trees and hear the song of the birds. Feel the glory of the wind, for our power comes from Nature/

yeah dude you sound just like me

there are different types of autistic/mental people not just the retards

maybe it's a type of schizophrenia?

I was going to go to a psychiatrist to see what they say about me because I'm so curious.

do you have a lot of anxiety?

I hope it's not schizophrenia! I don't think it's that either. I would hate to think of myself as a schizophrenic and have others think of me that way too. And yeah, there's definitely all different types of autism... I don't think you and I are retarded either.

Not really. I'm a pretty confident person. In fact, sometimes I think I intimidate others because of how confident and serious I can be. I just don't follow through sometimes because I overthink stuff and that prevents me from taking action. I also don't laugh at much unless something is genuinely funny. What about you?

This is all so relatable, nice to know im not the only one, wish we could meet up and discuss.Autism maybe, Thinking I can read people,feeling like nature is somehow directly connected to me somehow, we probably all need to just get out more instead of doing all this thinking.

I don't think we are retarded, but we have something. I've asked tons of people if they feel like me they all say "no you're pretty strange" and usually chuckle. My brother is the only one like me and I guess you are too.

I usually have very high anxiety I have no idea why. Maybe because I sit in my room a lot. I really get it at walmart or stores. It pisses me off. I just "feel" weird and get hyper from it. I still can talk to people and things I just feel really weird.

Yeah, I think we have something. I have no idea what it is. Haven't really met anyone else with it. My mom thinks I'm depressed. I've thought about it, and I can see how she came to that conclusion. I don't think I'm depressed either though. Whenever I go into a Wal-Mart, I observe everyone shopping and I feel a little weird too. Constant mental stimulation is something I need also. I play a lot of video games though so it might come from that. Do you hate small talk and prefer 1-on-1 conversations rather than groups or parties?

Yeah, but I don't think getting out more fixes it. Sure, it gives us the opportunity to socialize and meet people, but it won't change how we are and how much we think. Going out is a good thing though.

>My mom thinks I'm depressed.
same thing here

>Constant mental stimulation is something I need also.
ADD/ADHD maybe we have? do you always feel bored unless gaming?

>Do you hate small talk and prefer 1-on-1 conversations rather than groups or parties?
Yes

It doesn't fix it. It actually makes me get really tired (from anxiety) and I shut everyone away and go to sleep.

Yeah, I'm always bored if I'm not gaming. I have to be doing something to keep my brain going. That's funny that your mom thinks your depressed too. Mine wants me to meet a nice girl, but most girls I meet are boring and uninteresting once I get past their looks. I don't know. I don't think anyone else in my family has what I have. And yeah, going out gets me tired too and I just want to go home and lay in my bed.

My parents say that too the "find a nice girl" bullshit. All girls I've been with are bitches and I just dick them and toss. Then again I've only been with 2. I think it may be some type of autism, anxiety disorder, or add/adhd. I was really going to see a shrink to find out what it is. It doesn't really bother me, just the stupid going out and getting tired does. I get pissed. Are you a neet?

I just recently started taking meds again (Zoloft aka sertraline) its helps that I go out and fight through my anxiety, of course meds only make it easier for me, they're not needed. Please just know that there is a way to channel it in a less mentally destructive way. For me its brutal honesty, it helps to get it the fuck outta my head.

I was a neet for a while, but I just got a really good job recently. This thing doesn't really bother me either. I've only been with 2 girls too, and only one was a girlfriend. Maybe it's ADD/ADHD. How old are you?

I think I'm pretty damn good at discerning peoples motives. If someone acts a certain way I can usually see the hidden reason why. I'm very good at telling when someone is lying. I'm also pretty good at manipulating people as i know exactly how they're going to react. I often pitt my friends against each other for my own personal entertainment. I'm an ENFP btw.

you like alcohol?

I'm 26. It's good to know there's someone just like me around the same age.

It's pretty weird honestly the only other person I know who is like us is my brother.

My parents think we're nuts. It's funny.

I'll drink wine sometimes, but nah not really. You?

I like any malt liqueurs or tequila or vodka. Mosltly any alcohol. It makes me feel "better" and no I don't just mean the buzz/drunk feeling. It like calms my nerves and makes me feel "normal".

I could be an alcoholic, but choose not to be.

Yes, because I'm a high-functioning individual. I've been and seen all the bullshit, and sometimes it's hilarious to watch it unfold in slow motion. I get the gut feeling like I get crippling depression, and it's never let me down before.

Im 18, im fairly new to the world and with all of what has been said song far, its alot of pressure to know the things I know.ive tried drinking, smoking weed, taking Xanax, Ive learned that it won't help anything, you've got to just fight through all of the confusion and discomfort, not many will understand any of this, but fuck em, they dont need to understand, we know and that's all that matters.

Never been a fan of alcohol, but to each his or her own. Just try not to abuse it.

>I get the gut feeling like I get crippling depression
what do you mean by this?

I make sure I won't. Trust me I've seen what it does in real life my grandpa ruined himself. I usually only drink a beer once a week or so I doubt I get worse it's been years.

You like watching movies at all? Or nature things like hiking? Hunting?

I live by my intuition, as I live by my natural predisposition, if they weren't the same thing already.

In other words, I've lived with depression for so long, that I've had the time to build up a skill for introspection and patience. That then became reading other people and listening to my instincts. Now, it's my superpower.

Can relate. I'm a bit ADD myself so alcohol helps remove that constant need for stimulation or whatever. I also get the feeling what a lot of you are describing is pretty common around here, but obviously people like us almost never mention it so I wouldn't know.

Underated post.

Yeah.

>In other words, I've lived with depression for so long, that I've had the time to build up a skill for introspection and patience. That then became reading other people and listening to my instincts. Now, it's my superpower.
You sound like me.

Have you ever found out what it is?

Love nature and the mountains. I go bird hunting with my cousins every year. It really brings me down-to-earth.

Sometimes when I'm driving. I just have this feeling that this car in front of me is gonna pull over. All the sudden they fucking pull over. I'm like, the fuck, you blocking half the road. The hell you pull over on this road for?

Fucking awesome

>Have you ever found out what it is?

Not really. I'm into psychology but I'm pretty young too, so consider that.

I suspect it's just a rather specific combination of spending time alone as a kid/teen, a higher than average IQ and certain personality traits that creative types often have in common. There could be some diagnosable condition to it, but I never really got the chance to get properly "checked" for various reasons. Almost everything you in particular are saying is very relatable though.

Jesus christ the cirklejerky faggotry of wannabe intellectuals going on in there.

You are not as special as you think you are. Other people are not as vapid as you think they are. You judge them by what they say and do. You judge yourself by what you think. That will never be a fair way to compare yourself with society.

Best way to spot a lie is to act like your fooled then watch for a discreet smile

red bull give you wings.

>Other people are not as vapid as you think they are
Oh yes they are. You ever see a man try to kill a spider with a lighter in a gas station? I have. I've also seen my fellow 20-somethings do equally silly things in earnest. I'm no super-genius, but god willing if I am readily able to recognize how idiot-proof some DIY assembly is these days. It's incredibly intuitive.

>You judge them by what they say and do
Because this is really the only thing that can be done.
>You judge yourself by what you think
Everyone does that. Some people also judge themselves on a daily basis. Self esteem is the word, and so is self-awareness. It becomes fair when you know when you do something stupid independent of how much you want to comfort yourself in thinking you were right. When I make mistakes, do/think something stupid, or am demonstrably shown to have been/be stupid, I don't run away from it. This makes it fair, when I compare myself to others, not as I think I am, but as I actually am (and am not). Some people do this more, some less.

People vary.

Wrong. A lot of people are fucking vapid with no substance. It's pretty obvious.

You're right, its a the fucking truth and as someone evo thinks im special in some way, I know im not. I just want to get the fuck out and enjoy life without overheating my brain with bullshit

Then it's fair to say that deep down you're probably just jerking off to all this wisdom you're dropping? Everyone judges the way you described, and it's healthy to talk about it with others sometimes. Talking about this shit in particular isn't comfortable IRL exactly because it comes off as some massive narcissism and exactly because everyone judges like you're doing now.

Besides, that whole "I'm special" mindset isn't healthy and if people here are telling the truth then they've probably realized that by now, so once they're off this thread it's back to being an everyday joe like they've always been. What's so disturbing about that?

I'm 30 and I've been dealing with the issues the kids in here have been talking about for a long time. As for you, you're either trolling or just dead wrong. I deal with customers throughout the day. A lot of them are seemingly normal people and easy to get along with, but there is a MASSIVE amount of people out there who live in their own little world and/or are incredibly stupid. And they are the majority.

There's plenty of 16 year-olds like you on this board, yes

Honestly, that majority accounts for about 80% of the people I meet, possibly more.

this

That's basically how it is. However, it's easy to have a shit day, so you'd need to meet people and talk to them multiple times to get a better understanding. I've been wrong before.

>op thinks he can "read" people
>thinking that's a real thing
>mfw

Being able to plainly see the fear in someone's eyes as they arch their eyebrows despite their smile is wholly real. It just takes that little flex for someone like OP to know you've fucked up.

How else do you tell if someone's happy? You look at their facial features, if nothing else.

You're just so insecure of yourself you started despising people who are positive and self secure, that way you "see" their insecurities to make you feel better about yourself

pretty much this, im starting to believe we live in autismo city

WTF

You missed the joke...
...L.A. Noire is all about reading people...

You're lying, Morgan.