Anyone else here have crippling boredom? I have a computer but music, video games and movies are all boring now...

Anyone else here have crippling boredom? I have a computer but music, video games and movies are all boring now. I wish life was more exciting and more short

whats some fun stuff to do that will make me feel happy? i feel almost claustrophobic all the time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OijcbU4Vbys
youtube.com/watch?v=zDKS7Lyw3Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=YgP1JGIXjbY
youtube.com/watch?v=a8JyCGXrFbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol

Russian roulette. Its a mans sport.

sounds more like stress. do you have things you need to do? stuff to figure out? these thing supress you from enjoying

get a job
>neet telling me to get a job
yes get a job

i work usually 47 hours a week so with upmost respect, eff off

Sound like you need to leave the house more often.
Try sports.

Then how are you bored?
Maybe learn piano
I started playing a year ago, pretty ok now

where are laces to go really? i cant think of anything i want at any stores. yesterday i went and bought a 12 pack of chewing tobacco though, should last me the month but besides stuff like that and groceries i dont need anything

Get a bicycle and start riding it around

Go further and further, take the more challenging routes.

Pack a meal an eat it somewhere youve never been that has a nice view.

Dont have some big public park?

just nothing is fun anymore besides smoking and chewing tobacco and thats a waste of money but i like it. i cant hardly listen to music anymore without feeling stuffy and mad

go bowling. buy a boat and start fishing. ssince you are a faggot, suck a cock once in a while. start doing drugs. buy a guitar and start practicing or any other instruments, drums? get a 80's car and fix it up and learn to do shit through youtube, since you dont know how to read books.

man, theres tonnes of shit to do. just pick one and stick with it.

because everything you have confined your interests to are right at your fingertips and on the internet.
get rid of your internet for a month or so, find some adventure and drive to go out the house to find something to entertain you.

Grow some mushrooms. Buying spores is legal (if you're in the US)

Or grow some marijuana
I grew marijuana a few years ago and I don't even smoke

Was a fun experience

You need goals man. Think about where your life is at right now. What do you like about it, what do you not like about it?

Now think about what you want your life to be. If you were the coolest version of yourself, what would that look like?

Now you've got goals. Define them clearly and start making a plan to work toward achieving them.

Boom. Now you're never going to be bored again.

>video games
I recently bought Overwatch (50% off right now) and Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, and I'm having a shit-ton of fun with both games. You should try them.

So, you have depression and anxiety. Welcome to the club!

The good news is, you don't always need pills, therapies, and all that jazz, but they certainly help.

Change everything you're doing. You are becoming complacent, and your body is making you BORED to try and tell you this. It wants something new. You are depriving yourself of lives adventures.

Find a list of 100 hobbies and try 1-3 each week. Find clubs, groups, or circles in your town/area to meet new like-minded friends.

CHANGE. EVERYTHING. You know how you brush your teeth? Change the way you do it. You know your shower routine? Change that, too. When you wake up? what are the first three things you do? Change that as well.

Chances are, you're doing horrible things to your mind and soul. We need exercise. We need water. We need love. We need energy. We need wholesome ideals.

We need to love ourselves first.

3 years ago I was a depressed 'gamer'. Now I am a musician, runner, cosplayer, LARPer.. you name it. Oh, and I still play games.

Read non-fiction. Learn how the government works in detail. Learn useful manly skills and also hone others that help you reach your future goals.

I'm going into the military to be a pilot, but eventually want to get into engineering after getting out so I have started studying math.

I wasn't great at it in high-school because I didn't study but I've got time to now.

Work hard.

Sounds like you need to smoke some motherfucking weed

i bought an honda from 2002 thats a stick shift and got here i dont stall normally but still im afraid to get on any double laned highways yet because i dont think id stall but what if i did and i always either spin the tires or stall on hills starting

that makes me feel pathetic doing that

I got into drone racing about a year ago and it is a blast and gets me out of the house. I hardly touch video games. Drones are way more fun. It's like a video game but in real life.

Plus I have gone exploring my city and have found all kinds of cool places to fly. And the community of guys I race against is full of other intelligent nerds like me. I've made tons of friends.

It's blast just going out and flying freestyle or racing

Freestyle video:
youtube.com/watch?v=OijcbU4Vbys

Racing:
youtube.com/watch?v=zDKS7Lyw3Yw

You wear special goggles similar to VR goggles so you see the drone's point of view.

You can get into the hobby and get everything you need for $1,500. That's with high quality gear. If you go cheap it can be done for probably $600. That's a similar price range to what a gaming PC costs.

You can't stall it while moving at highway speeds. The wheels are directly connected to the engine through the transmission and clutch. If the wheels are turning the engine is turning, period. It's why you can push start any stick shift. Turning the wheels will turn the engine and start it.

i just meant at redlights is all

i guess with starting on hills its just letting the clutch out slow while holding the brake and then when the clutch bites press the gas lightly maybe ill practive in my yard

Back when I was a dirt poor college student I couldn't afford a new car battery until I got my next paycheck. So for about a week I was able to drive my car by only parking it on hills where I could roll away from my parking spot.

Get rolling down the hill, put it in gear, let out the clutch and it would start every time. Who needs a battery?

any tips for hill starts and not stalling in general?

Use the hand brake on hill. there is a reason that virtually all stick shifts have hand brakes and not the stupid parking brake pedals like automatics.

The handbrake is there for a reason.

On a hill:
1. Hold handbrake with your thumb on the button so it doesn't lock. Now your car will not roll backwards and your feet aren't doing anything
2. Start using the clutch and gas pedal like you would on a normal start
3. As the car starts to move release the brake

the handbrake is put by your gear shift specifically so you can do that.

>I've exhausted my computer activities
>wow life is so boring

Sheesh. You're pretty far down the rabbit hole huh?

oh wow lol didnt realise thats why it was laced there

at work ive got to move diesel pickups and starting ive never had to give them gas just let off the clutch and theyll go but this gas car i have will stall if youre not careful

i guess diesel is just more powerful

thanks

Learn a new language. I've recently taken up self-studying Russian just-because.

SUGAR!!

Can you point me in the right direction user? I was always into kiting and this looks like a tonne of fun, 1500 is a bit expensive for me but 600 could be doable.

How often do people's drones get fucked up? (maintenance costs)

Yes diesels have way more torque. Torque is what you want for climbing hills. Horsepower is what will make your car fast. Semi trucks only have a few hundred horsepower but MASSIVE torque.

I learned how to drive stick on my dad's v8 muscle car. It would never stall, if you let the clutch out too fast it would just chirp the tires and snap your head back.

Why do you think any of us is on here? we are all bored.

Sounds like some light depression.

I had the same feelings. I was gaining weight and everything felt like a chore.

To combat this, I signed up for something I've always been interested in; Muay Thai kickboxing and BJJ.

I do BJJ 6 days a week and Muay Thai 4 times. I've lost a lot of free time but what I have has become much more valuable. Also down 47 pounds.

im around mack trucks like ll day but never drove one, only ford powerstrokes but macks i dont think youd stall starting on hill or roll back unless you started in a highgear or were loaded heavily

the best to way to master it is this simple technique:

Park your car in a steep hill. Train to make the car move forward without using the gas pedal. Using only the control of brake and clutch. Your car won't stall if you manage the clutch correctly. Do it some times, the car will stall multiples times until you get it right, but after some training you will feel much more confident

Ok, then get a life

that sounds cool but honestly id be afraid of getting beat up, i liked wrestling with my brother when we were littler but in kick boxing are they looking to beat eachother up?

>How often do people's drones get fucked up? (maintenance costs)

depends how agressive you fly. If you build with a good frame they are incredibly durable. check out this video of a guy trying to do flips through a stairway.

skip to 5:45
youtube.com/watch?v=YgP1JGIXjbY

I would go to a forum like rcgroups and start lurking. It's a great community for all things remote controlled. Huge drone community there.

And here is a video on how to build a racing drone. This video is a couple years old now so the particular parts they use are kind of obsolete, but the process is still exactly the same. I just wouldn't use those particular parts.
youtube.com/watch?v=a8JyCGXrFbk

start listening to oldschool rave / hardcore / jungle
also overwatch is dope, so is vanilla wow on the elysium private server

>cosplayer, LARPer

kek

Yup. But then again I'm an ancient fag so yeah. Everything gets boring after a while.

what engineering discipline? I'm 3 years through my aerospace engineering undergrad

I recommend Geocaching. Get a handheld GPS and check out Geocaching.com. Once you have the GPS it's a free hobby. Gets you out of the house to places in your area I guarantee you didn't know existed. Once you find your first cache you'll be hooked.

in 3 years you don't become a musician you fag

>in b4 some shit tier answer
im a musician and i know how much effort and years of my life i've spent just to get somewhere as a good musician

Not in my class. I've heard some places are very competitive and there are some hotheads that want to spar everyday but you just have to find the right gym. My class is very beginner friendly. Half the class have had fights and train seperate from the beginners who mainly do a lot of pad work.

You walk away with bruises but you never get beat up. If you go to a gym and they want you sparring or fighting before your green rank test, it's a hack gym.

Boredom is not meant to be extinguished by consuming entertainment endlessly.

It's time to grow up, become a creator. Learn to play music instead of just listening to it. Learn to create art instead of just viewing it. Start a family. Do something greater than your hedonistic pleasures.

Consumerism is degenerate.

Crippling boredom seems to get alleviated by learning. Teaching myself some instruments as well as speaking Russian and occasionally fucking around in fruity loops and drawing. Also I go for walks through woodlands or neighbourhood at night.

no joke ive had music on a tv show before i have afew hours of beats but ive got bored of it

Try party drugs they'll make your life more exciting and certainly make it shorter

Can confirm this method. My dad and I did it with a tractor.

Thanks a bunch

Its the exact same starting your car with the starter or with the clutch.

The starter works by engaging teeth on the outer edge of the flywheel. The starter turns the flywheel to start the engine.

Push starting using the clutch to turn the flywheel by the clutch engaging the face of the flywheel. The turning wheels of the rolling car turn the flywheel.

Both start the engine by turning the flywheel. to the engine itself, it is the exact same. Yet so many people I know think push starting a car is bad for it.

>becoming a degenerate to fight boredom
Numbing your brain and giggling at cartoons doesn't mean you're not bored anymore, you're just not noticing it.

holiday m8

You have that right. I have chronic boredom too but it's my own fault. I drink too much to escape but it just ends up being hell. Got to stop being a degenerate.

You need to make some projects. Something hard to accomplish. The harder, the more satisfactory to achieve.

you sir i hope for

this

plus hiking and traveling

Step 1: Clean yourself up. Get a shower and all that
Step 2: Actually leave house
Step 3: Move to Syria
Step 4: Join Isis

fuk u mudslime

Smoke weed./thread

Feel the same way, everythinh bores me after a few hours. Even fucking got old. Have a ps4 with like barely 100hrs on it, had it for like 2yrs

this actually makes sense

I'm buying a bike soon.

I get that same feeling OP. I'm kinda stuck in my house because I'm too chicken shit to make new friends. The internet is losing it's luster, along with gaming. I think the trick is to just find a new hobby, something to get you outdoors more.