Can you solve a Rubik's Cube, Sup Forums?

Can you solve a Rubik's Cube, Sup Forums?

If not, why haven't you learned?

Yes but I can't do it under a minute like those nerds

I used to do it in less than 25 secs but i havent played with it for 2 years

No, because there is nothing to gain from learning it.

I average around 20 seconds, started learning a couple years ago when my brother pulled his out of storage and I've been obsessed with twisty puzzles ever since. It's great for people with mild versions of OCD/ADHD and pepolpe who like problem solving in general.

This guy got frustrated with the cube.

It's a nice party trick, I like to keep a small one in my pocket when I am at a social gathering where I meet a lot of people. I wait until I've made a good impression / socialized a lot and then I pull it out and blow minds

What cubes do you have. I have the valk 3. Only one you need.

Never even tried one actually. I preferred to play with a toy called "outside" when I was a kid.

My main is a GTS v1 that I magnetized, I just ordered the v2 pre-magnetized from Cubicle and one of the first magnetic 4x4s they have

Me too. I also drew pictures in the dirt with a stick until mummy called for dinner.

I also used to host an open mic and I would do an act where I rapped Watsky's "Pale Kid Raps Fast" while solving a cube and that always fucking slayed

thats fucked up. now you are a shut in posting on Sup Forums

Never had a cube, did get one of these for Xmas. Fun for about 10 mins.

I have one but I never memorized the moves so it just sits in my drawer with the puzzles I don't touch much

My buckets full of lego always won out over any puzzle/board games.

Memorize what moves?

Whatever the algorithm is that switches it between shapes

That one had an easy pattern to remember

used to solve them all the fucking time, I was addicted to them. I used to be able to solve them in 25-35 seconds, now Im not sure if I can since its been so long.

pic is my speed cube.

Gans suck. So slow..

Yeah I figure it wouldn't be hard to learn I just never got around to it. I like the twisties

i think i can sir

2x2x2 = 5-15 secs
3x3x3 = 20-50 secs

the others idek

I have the 2x2-5x5 cubes, axel cube and gold mirror for shape mods, ivy cube (lol) and skewb, gearball, pyraminx, and megaminx.

Been into this a few months, and I can't stop. I do them all multiple times a day.

Because I'm not a social cripple.... Yet I still post on Sup Forums.

Gans > any other speed cube

Yes, but it takes me a couple of minutes to solve it.

Rubix>Any other cube

tada!
i did it guys!

Please tell me you're being ironic or something.

Rubix started the cube and they have their own speed cube. It is the best one you can get.

I love you

Yup been solving twisty puzzles for years. It's great for building dexterity, and larger cubes pair well with zen meditation. Also they help you type faster.

Pic is from online, but its close to how many I have.

Just because they started the cube doesn't make them good, sure they were good back in the 80's and shit but people have found better ways to make cubes. And don't get me started on their "speed cube". literally the only reason they made that is because sales were dropping so they were trying to pull in more money.

shall I continue?

Other companies copied rubix brand. They have been making them since the 80's. Have you never solved a rubix speed cube? I use it as my main.

omgg I was early with the reaction image

How much money total do you think you've spent on those?

I haven't personally solved one, but from what it seems they look like shit. Are they really "decent"? I heard they are different from other speed cubes or some shit.

There's nothing to it. You just peel the stickers off and put them back so that each side has all matching colors.

I make more than I lose. I go to competitions and sell em overpriced to little kids.

Fastest I've ever done was two minutes

Could never figure out how to do it.

Yes. I learned in middle school and bought amny other different types of puzzles and learned how to solve them too.

Ive never had much trouble solving rubix cubes. All you have to do is fumble with it untill it becomes obvious how to solve. Im colorblind tho so that might be lies

Yes, although I'm not quick. Usually around 2 or 3 minutes.

That's about 90% of them, the rest are scattered around my house, not willing to gather

You're a fucking genius, I've been to a couple tournaments before but I'm too shit at solving to get far into them. Since I moved down south in the US and there are literally no competitions held down here, which is a shame.

why would i waste time learning that useless skill

>inb4 advertising on Sup Forums is risky

OP here and this is exactly what I do with my spares

I'll Subscribe homie, I'm actually planning on starting a channel dedicated to Cubing and Software Development, trying to mix in my comedy and abuse my charisma

Sick, here. I'm a programmer too. Whats your skype?
I was planning on making a video soon where I write a neural network to solve rubiks cubes or a recursive search for floppy cube solving or something.

How long have you been into this?

Are you god
Not a rubiksfag but subbed anyway, respect user

i got into it in the summer of 2010, kept at it for 3 or 4 years, lost interest but got back into it last october

We are gonna get along great lmao, I have literally been investigating similar ideas. Basically I want to work on something like a "FitBit" of cubing using AI and sensors that track your progress and show you how you can improve etc. I don't use Skype really but add me on Snapchat: @dubblemuffin and I'll send you FB/Twitter w/e so we can communicate

Yeah I can solve the 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, the little pyramid one and that ten sided fucker.

Also these are my mains 1x1 of course for completion bonuses

I don't really expect anyone to believe me, but I got a rubiks cube as a gift when I was ~3, and quickly discovered that I could solve the thing really easily, like somehow I would just know how and where to turn it and somewhat mindlessly would always be able to get it back to normal in around 10 minutes.

Then, one day when I was 7 or so I went to play with it and found I couldn't solve it anymore, it just... stopped working. I kept turning it and nothing happened, nothing clicked like it did before. Weirdest feeling, I could never describe it properly, but I remember getting extremely upset and crying and accusing my parents of switching the stickers around or something and of course they denied it.. I still have no idea what all that means or why I had that ability, probably never will, that is only one strange occurrence in my life out of many, most centered around the ages of 3-7..

I don't tell this story much because noone believes it, but it fits the thread and is 100% true so there ya go.

believe you, but you prolly just didn't scramble it well or something. What you described cannot happen.

Oldfag here.

I learned to solve The Cube back when they first came out in the early 80s.

I forgot how since then. I guess it might be fun to learn again.

Pic semi-relatyed. Its The Police. We would listen to them and solve our Cubes.

Good times.

I hope you get back into it!

I legit scrambled the shit out of it, at least past the point where I could have remembered which ways I'd turned it. I've confirmed all this with my parents who apparently just didn't think it was weird at the time.. I think there might even be some old home movies on VHS of me solving it. Who knows *shrug*

Find out if there's a video