Is there any interesting and inspiring rock/guitar music nowadays...

Is there any interesting and inspiring rock/guitar music nowadays? Don't get me wrong i'm not a "born in the wrong generation" guy, i enjoy a lot of music from the 00s and from this decade but not the rock made actually, almost all of the guitar acts today are really boring and uninspiring to me. and all the indie garbage that's sounding now doesn't help. What would you rec to a dude like me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1qJ_YABQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=s0j4WkoDrtg
youtube.com/watch?v=imXqpgJZ5WI
youtube.com/watch?v=9ANzhPJZ2U0
youtube.com/watch?v=YUNpvx_N3os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is there any interesting and inspiring rock/guitar music nowadays?
No
>Don't get me wrong i'm not a "born in the wrong generation" guy, i enjoy a lot of music from the 00s and from this decade but not the rock made actually, almost all of the guitar acts today are really boring and uninspiring to me. and all the indie garbage that's sounding now doesn't help.
I'm in the same boat.
>What would you rec to a dude like me?
Nothing.

>go to any music sharing site
>explore

Just solved your problem op

King gizzard and the lizard wizard

make what you want faggot

You're asking the wrong board. This is basically a shit eating rap board now.

But nah the music industry is dead unless you're into rap or metal there's nothing for you anymore. It's fucking sad really.

What kind of stuff are you remotely into?

palm - shadow expert, it just came out today

75 dollar bill maybe?
GNOD?
plenty of bands from the aughts are still around today

and then there's prepared guitar stuff like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Fh1qJ_YABQ8

Post-Punk and Post-Hardcore. Also some metal but extreme and old school.

Well you're talking to an old man here, I have no idea what the fuck that post shit even means.

Most of the genres talked about on Sup Forums feel like they're just making up genres for the sake of making them up.

Except they are actually music genres, nothing made up about them.

Post-punk and post-hardcore are not obscure made up genres. Haven't you ever heard of Wire or Joy Division? Post punk. Have you ever heard of Fugazi? Post-hardcore band. Even outside of that, haven't you ever heard of postmodernism? Maybe instead of shutting your eyes to things you don't understand, you could look it up and maybe find music you enjoy in these genres.

Nowadays metal is pretty much the last vestige of innovative, forward thinking rock music. The new Fleet Foxes was pretty good, idk if you would differentiate it as rock or folk though. Idk To Be Kind is the last rock album i can think of making a huge splash and being innovative as well

I mean, you say you're old... Joy Division was post-punk, the music media referred to them as such, and their debut album was '79. You're actually just being really obtuse by sweeping anything with the post- prefix as a "made up genre."

Ken Mode is pretty good if you like hardcore. So Trash Talk and Trapped Under Ice are good too. Show Me The Body is interesting. That new At The Drive In was good but there older stuff was better. I'm a fan of Basement and Title Fight though they are kind of emo. La Dispute if you're really into emo.

There's lots more you just gotta dig around.

Nah I was just saying I didn't know what they meant. Looks like it's anything after the first initial wave of the given genre (punk)?

I was talking about other different genres being made up. Post-apocalyptic tranny metal and nuero-techfunk. It just feels like anything with anyone that uses a snare drum differently gets a genre made for them, for reasons unknown.

Polyphia is kinda cool.

What are you talking about, for the most part this weeb board hates rap

>Looks like it's anything after the first initial wave of the given genre (punk)?
Nope. Just read the Wikipedia page and listen to The Smiths, the Cure, and Joy Division to understand what it is.
>I was talking about other different genres being made up. Post-apocalyptic tranny metal and nuero-techfunk. It just feels like anything with anyone that uses a snare drum differently gets a genre made for them, for reasons unknown.
Kiddies on the internet like to pretend like they inventing new genres. Especially electronic fans. Listen to Animals as Leaders for some good metal that pushes boundaries while still being accessible.

>djent
>good
Listen to Shining (Norway) or KoMaRa instead
youtube.com/watch?v=s0j4WkoDrtg
youtube.com/watch?v=imXqpgJZ5WI

>implying animals as leaders has anything to do with those chugfest djent bands
KoMaRa is good though. i'll give you that

math rock/twinkle
it's a bit emo-y but the shit they do with guitars is insane

this
youtube.com/watch?v=9ANzhPJZ2U0

AAL is garbo, Guitar World kids are constantly being duped into believing Tosin is playing theoretically technical music on par with jazz but in reality he is just as bad as those shred kids on youtube with his Axe FX and extended range guits.

I think so, but not in a big rock star context

I like banjo these days

youtube.com/watch?v=YUNpvx_N3os

In roots music competence and innovation on instruments is still very much a thing

The ideas of guitar heroes are done, but small niche players are still many in number, you just won't ever see them in a big concert

big concerts are 100% dogshit these days anyways

it's just really good technical metal. it's more than just mindless shredding