Are Nickelback and Nirvana really that different? They both balance between raw power and raspy strife...

Are Nickelback and Nirvana really that different? They both balance between raw power and raspy strife, pairing pop melodies with tortured and dark concepts, and have a strong grunge influence. Silver Side Up is a burly stock of timeless post-grunge bangers that go sorely underappreciated, and while All the Right Reasons may be a spottier album, there are some serious pop hits that have an edge not present in mainstream music today. If you’ve been avoiding Nickelback because you think they’re a meme band, you’re missing out on a great band that gets a lot of hate for no real discernible reason.

I've never listened to nickelback, but if they're even half as bad as Nirvana, they're better off not listened to.

The OP is obvious baiting, but before anyone comes to defend Nickelback, they suck. Silver Side Up is decent, but almost everything after that is inexcusable. Boring, mid tempo, pop rock without either emotional weight or fun. They have a few alright tracks after that, but not much. I hear their new stuff is ok though

>Nickelback
>decent

This sounds like what a robot would say. Nickeback is pretty bad. It's pretry bland in a bland genre.

I'm a huge Nickelback fan and I don't even see them as a Grunge or 'Post Grunge' band. I see them them as a straight up Rock and Roll band, with timeless songs. If I were to compare Nickelback to other bands it would be bands like Bon Jovi and zz top. They're down to Earth guys with down to Earth music. People that like them and see them just want to have a good time at a rock and roll concert without being snobby about music.

honestly dont get the hate for nickelback, theyre not the most exciting band no doubt but they are far from the most offensive, seems like a bunch of thoughtless bandwagon shit to me

Nickelback is no where near as good as Nirvana.

both shitty butt rock

Nickelback aren't really terrible, they're just the posterboys for uninspired, tepid, banal post-grunge that followed the demise of Nirvana when every record label under the sun attempted to cash in to be the next megahit.

They just make lukewarm radio music; nothing more, nothing less.

this but unironically

Nope, they're both corporate garbage.

This thread is tragically missguided. The good Nickelback albums are Curb and The State. Curb was before Chad decided to be stupidly forward with his lyrics and The State still has the raw and genuinely working class vibe that was on Curb.

Kys

nickleback is better than nirvana

>Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian groups, having sold more than 50 million albums worldwide[1] and ranking as the eleventh best-selling music act, and the second best-selling foreign act in the U.S. of the 2000s, behind The Beatles.

I think most of you secretly own Nickelback albums

>Nickelback sucks
Are we really having this discussion on a music board in the year 2017? A decade from now you're gonna be telling me Justin Bieber isn't very good

Nickelback can actually win this one time...

Banging Avril Lavigne>>>>>>>>>banging Courtney Love

My brother has one.

This is exactly why they get so much stick though. Just like how they're an entry level rock band even among entry level rock bands, they're an entry level target for hate from people just starting to become aware of music in any greater capacity than the radio circuit.

>I'm a huge Nickelback fan
Jesus