is Cannibal Holocaust horror-kino?

I say yes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqnftyYWW4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw I learned they really killed that turtle

Poor guy. Still a great movie though.

I like turtles quite a bit so fuck that daigo wop faggot

They kill all the animals in the movie for real. Cheaper than sfx when you're in the literal jungle I guess.

That soundtrack is so soothing, really sets you up to be shocked by the violence later in the movie

Nah, it's cheap exploitation crap trying to be deep and succeeding because of easily impressionable audiences.

Didn't they have the gooks actually kill the ox at the end of Apocalypse Now? At least that's what I always thought.

They killed a Monkey as well I think.

That's the worst thing really. Killing animals just for the Camera is pretty much a Snuff film minus the dead humans.

Movie's still legitimately disturbing. It's still banned where I live in fact. My copy is very much illegal.

>Not getting it, the post
the whole film is making a mockery of the "mondo" style of exploitative documentaries that were popular in Italy at the time.

That last scene after they shut off the tape of them getting mutilated and raped to death and the head guy orders every copy of it destroyed, then looks out over New York city like "who are the real cannibals" was pure kino

it's more the fact the director actually got put on trial

The gooks were doing a ceremony feast thing where they were gonna butcher the ox and Coppola's wife was like "HONEY WE CAN USE THIS"

Sure it is. It's heavy handed as fuck and guilty of the exact same thing it condemns.

That's quite common of a lot of movies that try to mock or satire certain trends. 'He who fights monsters becomes a monster' and all that shit.

>horror-kino
No
bu its good shit

I mean atleast they chopped its head off in one (?) hit. It didn't suffer.. much.

Ever seen Men Behind the Sun where they throw a cat into a giant pile of starved rats and film it getting eaten alive? Goddamn Chinese people have no souls.

What countries is the film illegal in?

post it

That scene was confirmed fake.

99% of this film is fake.

If I remember correctly the it was covered in red sweet syrup which the vermin gladly cleaned off. Ket was survive though.

Australia, Norway, Finland, New Zealand.

somehow this is on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqnftyYWW4E

1:08

Never knew that. I looks pretty goddamn real and savage though. Good cat actor, should've gotten an Oscar.
At the end when they set all the rats on fire, was that fake too? I'm not trying to be a faggot, I'm just wondering. That scene was pretty crazy too.

So is Cannibal Holocaust, but that doesn't make the animal killings fake.

so did she deserve getting raped?

it appears the little guys being set on fire is indeed genuine. Not the most humane way to eliminate the pests, but it looked good for the camera

na m8 we got a full uncut bluray last year

I only have the limited ultrabit dvd that I bought at a con 10+ years ago. Still nice though.

This edition that someone released is the holy grail though.

You can be sure a hundreds of centipedes died in the making of this, especially in the scene where the woman is literally puking them all over
Also The Nest where they use thousands of actual cockroaches