I have never heard an album so shitty

I have never heard an album so shitty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a masterpiece though. Watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU

You can say they knew what they were doing when they composed the music and played perfectly but you can't deny it sounds like shit.

>but you can't deny it sounds like shit.
Yes, I can.

>but you can't deny it sounds like shit.

Stop it with your personal emotional responses. If you look at things from a learned analytical perspective, as that video does, you will see it is a masterpiece.

>Complex =//= good

I bet you suck Classical and Jazz off too.

"Good" is a subjective description. To be a strong and thoughtful music listener, you should stop thinking in terms of "good or bad" and genuinely analyze the music for itself and see what's interesting about it. The same goes for any other form of art as well.

should I listen to this album or listen to other patrician albums like Faust or Hosianna Mantra first?

Listen to Faust and this around the same time

he didn't know what he was doing though, that's the thing. I don't get why is talking so much about key signatures and tonality and stuff when beefheart didn't even know what those were.

>tfw cant find both albums

It's ”anti-music", the equivalent of a Picasso painting? Still not one of the greatest albums ever, though.

Yep, Frownland is the best song ever. Too bad the record was made a little bit overlong, the ideas got a little repetitious, and the a capella is just... bad to be honest. There are a lot more tracks worth keeping on this album than almost any other album, though.

literally play both at once

>tfw it's 48 years old today

Happy bday TMR

Beefheart himself did not know about music theory (for the most part) but he had a band member (John French aka Drumbo, I think) transcribe it so it was legible and then combine all the riffs or melodies Beefheart wrote into a piece for the whole band.

so they were playing music desynchronized intentionally.

BRAVO

holy shit it all makes sense now

I swear to god I want to punch you in the face.

You can appreciate the level of skill and technicality that went into making the album but I don't find it enjoyable to listen to.

He's right.

Your free test can't be more than 400 ng/dl

Yep, and the fact that they were playing shitty intentionally does not make it any less shittier.