HBO announces that D&D will adapt Dune after GoT ends

>HBO announces that D&D will adapt Dune after GoT ends
How do you react?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love dune so fuck it

youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

in one of the most meta examples of life imitating art imitating life imaginable, i scheme a muslim sleeper agent into the production and wait until the right people are on set and then signal him to detonate.

literally everyone wins.

but he yells for Kynes!!! before detonating

>for Frank!!!
ftfy

>by D&D
No thanks

>show focuses almost exclusively on strong independenty womyn chani and jessica

>with love!

for real this time guys

Suicide bombs are too crude. Weaponized quadcopters are a much more refined method of assassination.

fuck that, laser a shield lets nuke the fuckers

>tfw people will pine for the days of Lynch creating through artistic license instead of a couple hacks making shit up for no apparent reason or just for more edge in a scene that has no place for it.

Who do you cast as Paul, Sup Forums?

I'd laugh, now the Dune fans will feel what the asoiaf fans felt.

Thomas Brodie-Sangster

>no blue eyes

dropped

we've already had 2 miniseries a movie and awful prequels, we were raped long ago

>you want the spice
>but you need da bad pussy

neither did paul, until the melange, the whites of the eyes are blue, they'd have to use contacts or cgi anyway, even if they cast Elijah Wood

Kull Wahad!

I never read Dune, DnD are pretty good at adapting material, that's why seasons 1- 4 of GOT is good. It's when they go off book is when it turns to shit.

So it would t be too bad since Dune is finished.

>I never read Dune
>comment hidden

Can't wait for the episodes where Jessica sends Gurney and Thufir to rescue Ghanima on Salusa Secundus

Except the Dune books are at least finished, unlike the fat man's series.

>fans of the book series are literally getting spoiled by the show now

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS

An ideal run of the show would cover books 1-3 and a movie-length special covering God Emperor to conclude the narrative.

I always felt the last two books in the original canon to be a bit fruity

>If they adapt books through book 4

Awesome I am hype as shit

>If they adapt through book 6

Still excited though it's gonna get a bit wonky at the end

>If they adapt through the Brian Herbert books

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word hate was engraved on each nanoangstrom of these hundreds of millions of miles, it would not equal one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this microinstant. For you. Hate. Hate.

Agreed on the series covering books 1-3. But honestly if Dune would be difficult to film, God-Emperor would be fucking impossible.

You're also right the last books just weren't the same. They were my least favorite in the series, but apparently Herbert planned on them being a part of a trilogy, but he died before he could write the third one. Maybe having a better conclusion would have made the books better.

>hello darkness my old friend

HBO butchers it and rewrites teh plot for being "problematic towards muslims".

instead of teh fremen going on a jihad they are instead a peaceful people and it a race of desert dwelling , sexist , homophobic, white spacers guild who spreads the galactic jihad

If someone could shop this to
>the faggot hacks of dune

i would be sooo happy

>God-Emperor

So how will they film Nayla randomly having an orgasm from watching Duncan climb a cliff?

Well they were led by Paul who is a white male who becomes the Perfect Human (aryan) so he's basically Hitler.

am I the only one ITT that liked Based Miles? when he killed all the fucking matres it was sweet shit

Teg is the only good thing about those later books. Even Kid Teg was pretty bad ass.

>The Matres blew up a whole planet just to kill him

they can't film god emperor it is impossible, but I think it could be done as Duncan flashbacks, during heritics and chapterhouse

There is nothing about it that is unfilmable.

Yea Teg is fuckin awesome,

didn't like Duncan?

I liked the part where he goes full autist and moves at sanic speed.

I liked OG Duncan and I like conflicted Book 4 Duncan. I did not like Mary Sue Literally Perfect Ruler of the Universe Duncan.

how do you do they conversations? ya know the majority of the book? I would love it but think about it how the fuck do you make this work on screen even with all the money to show leto and Onn/Keen properly

There's one thing I want out of those last books to see on film

>Honored Matres and Bene Gesserit all in skin tight body suits fighting each other
>mfw

>Mary Sue Literally Perfect Ruler
you mean Brian's shit? yea fuck all that 5-6 Duncan wasn't that though

How do they do any other dialogue intensive book adaptation?

You simply lack imagination.

there isn't any oint in doing anything beyond Dune Messiah desu

Messiah had the perfect open-ended ending with paul walking into the desert leaving the future to his twins, and thereafter it's never as good.

so does everyone then, extended philosophical debates won't work on screen for a big budget sci-fi it just won't, maybe a series, but how would they ever get the viewing numbers to justify it?

Both Messiah and God Emperor have excellent endings to the story. Messiah ends Paul's story but God Emperor ends the entire story.

>thereafter it's never as good
I know but I wanna see Miles fuck up matres, i've already seen that mini series,

mild disappointment before scrolling to the next thing

I prepare myself for a Dune series where we never see the sandworms due to budget reasons

In all fairness you don't actually see the sandworms that much in the first several books anyway.

There were many types of fremen.

>Kid Teg

Well, he was a ghola who had to be woken up by an attempt to fuck him into submission. So, not really a kid.

HBO doesn't have to butcher anything when Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson will happily do it for them.

I am aware of these facts. He was still physically a kid.

ah wat? first time paul n the fremen ride them, pauls rite of passage of course and the shield wall attack these three at least are necessary

So three times from one book, spread out over at least one season of a show, possibly more.

So again, not that often when you think about it.

also, the mining attack when one eats the processer, I guess 4 scenes in total, but they have to fucking pour cash into those scenes,

>first time and sand worms in introduced
>first time you see them ridden
>first time paul harnesses one (prob most important)
>the finale

its not gonna be cheep, unless it looks like shit of course

And unfortunately HBO is known for only doing extremely low budget productions with bad special effects.

yea true, it'll look like shit

fair point

This.

It's going to be "Wait, Lady Jessica didn't get gangraped by the Fremen in the movie."

season 1 of GOAT is good and 2 is quite good. therafter it is in steady decline from meh down to bad in season 5. after which it becomes better again for season 6

not just any planet either,

They annihilated The Planet, just to get him

Didnot read the books, should i watch the movie?

The Lynch movie is amazing regardless of having read the books. If anything it's better that way.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah no

i don't understand, i thought was the only person in the world who liked the movie, and yet i come on here and everyone loves it.

Lynch didn't get final cut though.

While Lynch is a genius he does have to be reigned in a bit. They kept it watchable.

its shit, but its goddamn entertaining shit

> the spice must flow

I'd laugh at how normie this shit would become

>D&D
Dropped & Dropped

I would like a show, but not from them

Alright, Kevin Anderson and Brian Herbert write the show instead.

all the books except the first one suck, and even if they didnt the story veers off into something totally different and unrelated in the fourth book.

>God-Emperor sucks

>implying

ied bro.

form of: a tooth

I think the idea, that Duncan being reborn over and over until every weakness is stripped away sort of makes sense. Duncan lived to serve, now he serves humanity by ruling it.

I'd be very happy, but it'd probably somehow turn to just sex and violence to try and capture the GoT audience.

disregarding whether it sucks for a moment, the story in a tv adaptation would have to stop after book three. audiences will care about the cast of characters and the story those characters are in. there is a very substantial break in both story and characters between the third and fourth books, due to the time skip. the first three books could be stretched into a few seasons of a tv show, but i don't know how successful that would be since it's all a little weird and complicated.

the current trend of splitting the role of the villain into multiple characters, some of whom are also protagonists, would play to Dune's strengths though

>Dnd
Please no

The fourth book is important because the previous three all setup The Golden Path which is the central theme of the story. God Emperor gives you the realization of that Golden Path.

I would be happy
Fuck all of you

>bad Pucci and the Sand Sneks make a return to kill Paul Atrdeies for being a weak man

>it's a Frank Herbert can't say it but thinks Hitler might have played Heel on purpose novel

Be sure to have your Muslim sleeper post a lengthy video before hand repeating over and over again that Islam is why he did what he did, possibly with a Hillary 2016 endorsement as well, otherwise they'll say he was a "secular" attacker.

>normie

kill yourself

I thought the big sci-fi project coming to HBO (besides Westworld) was Foundation. Didn't taht get off the ground?

I always liked the Lynch version, just for entirely reasons than why I liked the book.

Wouldn't a bunch of pissed off muslims on jihad being led by the perfect human white man make him Lawrence of Arabia?

I have no butt yet I must poo

If Frank were alive nowadays and just releasing his series for the first time you fuckers would hate it, call him a pretentious faggot

Fuck you people

He's right though, it's better if you didn't read the book first when watching that movie, because far too many things will piss you off in it otherwise.

yeah but the golden path is a retarded idea. "oppressing people for a thousand years so they'll appreciate freedom when they finally have it and spread out" fails to take into account how humans have reacted to various forms of freedom and oppression in the past. usually long periods of oppression just fuck people up, making large numbers of them passive while reducing social trust. a big problem with countries emerging from totalitarian rule in the past has been the fact that their populations and economy can't handle freedom and end up under another tyrant in short order. likewise with freedom. the countries and peoples that most strongly embrace freedom, and who are capable of handling it, are the ones who have already had a fair amount of it to start with.

and then there is the problem of foresight. being able to see the future is a huge problem in herbert's books, and making humanity immune to it is a central theme of the golden path arc. but humanity is already immune to it irl because it doesnt exist, nor does anything like it exist. so it isn't a compelling struggle imo.

To me Dune is like the movie Congo. It's terrible, but in the best way.

HBO has been trying to get a Foundation adaptation made since the early 80s.

That was the purpose of what Leto II did. It never worked in the past because A) no one could see the future and B) One person couldn't live long enough to see the whole thing through.

But he solved these and over the 5000 years was able to perfectly control everything to the point where he was the last remaining problem, and so he removed himself and made it so no one like him could interfere again

For me it's what really makes book 4 great.

i'm still not buying it. it's a totally artificial problem solved in a way that runs counter to real world evidence of human psychology. if leto wanted to make it impossible for someone like him to ever rule humanity again, he would have been better off just researching a superior ftl method that didnt depend on spice, and in the meantime gradually relaxing his oppressive regime so that people could assume more and more responsibility for their own government. by the time the ftl method is researched and humanity explodes across the stars, the settlers will have a long tradition of high social trust and self-rule ingrained in their culture