It has been about 10 years since I've played a game

It has been about 10 years since I've played a game.
All the nastalgia threads that keep popping up have been eating at me.
Are games as good as they use to be?
Last game I clocked was the first halo on xbox
What games/console should I look at? I'm adamant about getting one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ftkhgd6Wacs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there are one or two diamond per year in the tide of shit that is gaming.
buy either console, they are the same apart from a few exclusives, or buy a half decent video card and go master race, play the same shit but shinier shit with extra corn and mods that change the corn to peanuts

I already have 2 half decent builds.
I use them for officework
I was looking at a console

Bumpin

get ps4 unless you're way into CoD and shooting shit.

NieR:Automata
Prototype 1/2

start with these two for a good time.

Thanks user

Forget consoles. Yes, both consoles have a precious few great platform exclusives, but PC has more games overall, and even more PC-only games.

Plus, we are several years into a live cycle of current gen consoles. A low-range PC will blow any console out of the water when it comes to graphics and performance.

Check YouTube for any of wide range of $250 - $500 console killers. One example from many:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ftkhgd6Wacs

Post specs of your machine(s). If it is

Nah she's a brand spanka

Then what are you waiting for? Plop a GPU in it, and get Steaming.

Fallout 4 was free on Steam for the weekend, you might still catch it.

Also, Humble Bundle has new subscription service. This month's game is Stellaris plus bunch of other games for 12 bucks.

just played psychonauts on my labtop since my PC fried; i had so much fun with it, good humor too
i think its on sale on steam with a $2 pice tag right now

Why don't you buy a switch mate? You can play anywhere. And nice Nintendo exlcusives which are normally all good. Most games on other consoles are not that good and have endless loading times. Get a switch you will be happy.

Games have really gone downhill.

Diablo 2 is better than Diablo 3.. aside from graphics it's the same game, except D2 made you feel good about playing it.

Madden...Same game, except dumbed down.

Call of duty...First person shooter..

It's like the only good games are the elder scrolls series and they fucked that up with elder scrolls online.

Gone are the games that last 2 months, or any semblance of a challenge.

It's so bad I prob spent a fortune in games to play it an hour and stop playing.

I haven't finished a game in years..(last if us) because the writing is shit, the game is shit, and it's fucking rehashed.

Can we really use a COD space ops 11, master force?

Oh and don't even bother with the starwars franchise. Fuck did Disney ruin that or what?

$20 for the base game, add in another $100 and if you want enhanced damage packs (yeah starwars is now pay to win) it's another hundred...Don't forget your season pass....More money....Oh you just spent a fortune on the game? Let me tell you about the super duper pack that's coming out Tomm....You'll need it cause all that stuff you just bought is now dub teir...

Seriously this is the gaming world now.....Fuck even star trek online and Neverwinter fucking suck

Evercrack made sense back in the day. You earned stuff, made alliances with other players....WOW now, is...Just...Handed to you..

Ff14?... Garbage.

Fuck b.. why can't we have good games anymore???

The only reason I have a PS4 is cause it was given to me...I played gta5... They list me when I could control my car to do backflips mid air, and the "turf war" was poorly done COD....And don't u dare mug a prostitute, you'll lose...Sanity...

Played morador for a bit...Until I got to the second half of the game...Oh time to start over...

B... Fuck video games. Go outside there's more adventure

O my goodness are you for real! Buy a GPU and get amoungst the good shit! PC is by farrrrrr cheaper and better in the long run. The games I play the most cost the least! I bought BF1 on launch .......crap really so back to my $5 - $30 titles for hundreds of hours of joy.

>/r/pcmasterrace
Underage b& detected, gtfo faggot

But it literally has no good games. BotW is on Wii U as is mario kart 8. You're trying to sell him Bomberman, Snipperclips, and 1 2 Switch which is all shovelware. The Switch won't be worth owning for another 2 years at best, but you can argue with paid online coming it'll never be worth owning at all.

Easy there grandpa.

He does not have a WiiU (neither have I ) So BOTW and Mariokart 8 are good games. Besides that the Switch is comfy as fuck. Chilling on the couch with the TV turend on. Then 'switch' to the bedroom.

Hurpedurp a computer good cpu is always cheaper DURP!!! yeah have a computer blazing next to my TV sounds fun and attractive. ( with a zilion cables sticking out ) Then when I wanne play in my bed room just unplug everything carry a big box to the other room and have another 1 hour setup before I can enjoy. Not everyone lives in their mothers bacement pall.

Ever thought you're just burnt out and it's time to get a break from gaming for a few years?

>Are games as good as they use to be?
even though im disillusioned with gaming these days i'd have to say yes they are

got cities skylines the other day and it felt really modern, thorough, addictive, fun; everything i'd expect.
dark souls felt genuinely challenging, fresh, rewarding, about half a decade old now
project cars is another one, really slick and modern and of course a good sim
all in all i think its OK. very cheap to get a gaming pc now, so if you have to have some kind of computer just chuck in a gtx 1060 or 1050Ti and you'll be gaming
(assuming it fits, is powered, accompanied with OK processor etc)

What I was alluding to is that the only two games on the Switch are also on PC via CEMU which is improving almost daily. The Switch simply isn't worth it.

Why on earth would I play games on CEMU? Nice and buggy. I'd rather pay a little more and just enjoy the game and support developers -.-...

>emoticons
Oh, so you're an underage B&. I see. Ok, well enjoy Fisher Price toys and your ban, little guy.

>I'd rather pay a little more
How fucking rich are you guys? Seriously? How does it feel having excess money to keep spending it on games and consoles and shit?

Try to win an argument because of emoticons. Here have some more =D =D.

Pretty good. Work hard everyday for it. Spending it on tropical holidays aswell.

fucking normie

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just report him and move on, that's what everyone's been doing.

we report each other?

Yes, we report people who violate the rules, like Mr. Underage Emoticon Slinging Switch Shill. It'll get him banned nice and fast. I suggest you report anyone who seems to be acting underage or shilling.

U jelly mate?

hey, i'll do anything to be released from these shackles of newfaggery

Been here since 2007.

NICE GRAPHICS SWITCH FAGGOT. WHATS IT LIKE PAYING $500 FOR THE GRAPHICS AND PERFORMANCE OF A GAMEBOY

i'm the one in shackles

Games are very rarely what they used to be. There is so much crap out there now because the industry has become too big for it's own good. Kind of the same way holywood fucks up movies, big game publishers fuck up games. There are some incredible exceptions though. Last of Us, Bloodborne, and the Witcher 3 are good examples. There is still greatness to be found out there, but you need to be much more cautious as a consumer. Don't buy shit. Don't buy Alpha. Stick to the super highly reviewed stuff and you'll have a similar experience.

Itt: all games are bad and overrated and I hate everything past msx, the whole industry has gone to shit etc etc

I'd chose a PS4 or Switch.

With the Switch you can get a ton of Nintendo exclusives that you can't get on PC: Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Party, Mario, etc. The only problem is that Breath of the Wild is the only game for it at the moment.

With PS4 you can get a few really good exclusives: Bloodborne, Nioh, Last Gaurdian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War.