Why does everyone on here hate Nirvana

Yeah I get it they're not the best band ever but they have some great songs and were a great rock band
Sure their more popular songs might be over played but if you listen to their albums you discover a bunch of good stuff

It may not be your taste but I still can't see how so many people on here hate on them? Can anyone give a reason outside of "because they suck"

I don't think most people on Sup Forums hate them for their music. (Some definitely do.) I think people hate the band for what it represents in culture. It spawned a wave of edgy teenagers who have only listened to the singles and think they are "unique" and "creative" just because they've listened to Nirvana once or twice at age 13.

Because everyone else likes Nirvana.

This. Kids with Nirvana and Pink Floyd shirts that don't even know what they're wearing.

Arctic Monkeys too. AM is their worst album

Yeah but the music itself isn't bad. And the band had no control over it. They actively tried for the opposite to happen. But I guess it backfired.

Yes. Yes it is. Whatever people say I am is their best album

I agree. MTV Unplugged is amazing.
Now there's the "Kurt Cobain effect" when artists die any everyone shows up in droves to buy their music when it happened.

That's my point. A majority isn't the music, it's faggy kids that say they're deep and special even though they are some of the most popular bands in the world.

This, most overrated album of that year.

A lot of people hate Dave Grohl

>Be me
>13
>Unaware of Nirvana edgy subculture
>own every album
>Wears Nirvana shirts
>Get called edgy
>Look up word
>Burn my shirt and never listen to them again
That's why

It's disgusting

Or you can just ignore that and like the music for the reasons Kurt Cobain would want you to. I'm sure he wouldn't want all these faggy kids with his shit on
That's apparently one of the reasons why he killed himself (Fame and the fear of what he has become (a sellout))

Shut the fuck up Courtney

No one kills themselves because they are famous you idiot.

courtney stop posting on Sup Forums

Are you retarded. People kill themselves for many reasons and yes people have killed themselves from Fame. It can drive a person mad and it didn't help he had depression and who knows what else

It's not really Nirvana. It's grunge that sucks. Nirvana is at least better than Pearl Jam. I just can't stand the scene (except for Melvins, if that counts).

Name 5.

Yeah me too. I hate basically every grunge band except Nirvana. But I see them more as a punk band myself
And I also hate how they killed rock and roll
The music is good though

He hole'd his head because he was on hard drugs and couldn't think clearly, plus his shit relationship with Courtney. the whole "fear of fame" thing is bullshit and is what his faggy underage fans jerk off to because they sympathize with wanting to be "underground" and different

Kurt was one edgy fuck though

Ok yeah it's a big mystery but my point remains. He wouldn't wanna see these faggy kids in shirts

>killed himself

I hope this means you think Alice in Chains wasn't grunge, because they were the best band out of that scene.

I don't like them. I feel like Nirvana was outside of the scene they kinda made it because they're less grunge and more rock/punk
Grunge became a genre because of how Nirvana acted. Even though it's nothing new punk bands have been doing it
And then everyone started ripping off Kurts and Eddy Vedders voice
Grunge was basically a way for record companies to tell people that "this band sounds like Pearl Jam and Nirvana"

I think Kurt could have eventually produced some music I'd really dig, but Nirvana just doesn't work for me. I hate most punk though. Post-punk and some post-hardcore is about all the punk I can stomach.
Nah. Don't care for AiC either.

>he fell for the suicide meme
Wew lad.

I will admit, when i see some 14 yr old brat wearing a nirvana top, I cringe a bit, thinking they probably havent listened to much.

Doesn't mean I don't love Nirvana and revere them as one of the best bands of the 90's. To ignore their talent and hate them solely for the fact that some of their fanbase is shit is doing exactly the same thing, just being on the opposite end of the scale.

Just like the music you like, stop being so concerned with public image.

Nirvana killed rock music, and spawned Nickleback

so you hate soundgarden too?

Kurt had some decent taste given that he lived in a pre-internet era. Sometimes I feel kinda disappointed he didn't live long enough to see all the cool albums that have come out in the past decade or so since his passing.

As for the band, I think you can tell who is an "authentic" fan by how they dress and their age. i.e. anyone who isn't wearing a nirvana t-shirt and doesn't dress like their entire wardrobe is stocked from Hot Topic.

That was happening way before Kurt died.

Yep. Soundgarden doesn't do anything for me. Probably my favorite of the big 4, but still not my thing.

I don't think it's necessarily a dislike for what they represent. I think it's simply that they're held up as one of the best of all time, but even cursory diggings into their influences and contemporaries reveals bands that are a lot better than they were. I think it's a backlash based on excessive hype by the mainstream and their ignorance of the context of Nirvana.

never cared for nirvana. decent guitar pop that came around when hair metal was shitting up the radio stations.

alice in chains was far superior.