Bridge Thread. In the middle of all the crap that Sup Forums is filled with these days...

Bridge Thread. In the middle of all the crap that Sup Forums is filled with these days, someone posted a bridge thread which died in a few posts. Here's my attempt to start it again.

My local bridge, Clifton in Bristol UK, designed by Brunel.

Jump off it fagot

Oh look an edgy teen.

And also near me, the first Severn Bridge.

And more recently, we got the second Severn Bridge.

Local pedestrian bridge, perth WA

This one is nearly a mile long and has a cycle path on the north side looking up the river. Stopping half way across, high up in a big wide open space is neat when you live in the city.

>round shape bridge that end in the water...

FFS engineers these days...

Further up the Severn is Iron Bridge, the first big bridge to be made of cast iron, in 1781.

i like bridge

Neat bit of engineering.

It might seem like an odd thing to like, but I've travelled a fair bit and I always notice bridges, the engineering, the aesthetics.

Show me a better bridge? Protip you can't...

Can I post fantasy bridges OP?

This marvelous bridge was built in 1942 in Germany.
Because you could cross a winding river from 4 sides, it was revolutionary at the time.
It has sadly been destroyed in the war, that's why we only have these wonderful artistic expressions here.

Was just about to post this very image. I've been over the road bridge which runs parallel with the rail bridge, good view.

Holy shit, this thread.

Bump.

I would post my bridge, but I blew it up a couple of weeks ago.

I can

Yeah, why not? Though there might be comments about the feasibility of the engineering...

Mods?

amidoinitrite?

Fake and gay.

Simple and neat. Though as the LGBT crowd have pretty much take over the rainbow as their symbol, I guess this is the world's first gay bridge?

Eh? Every summer there is a hot air balloon festival in Bristol and sights like this are common. Pic does look a bit filtered though.

The one right next to it, and then the one currently being built next to that. Fourth road bridge is a cool bridge.

rate, yopta

Bridge over the River Kwai

>british engineering

"The bridge crosses the valley of the river Tarn near Millau and on cloudy days the bridge appears to almost float on the clouds. It was designed by the English architect Lord Norman Foster, cost £272 million and was entirely privately financed. French President Jacques Chirac called the bridge ‘a miracle of equilibrium’"

Bump

The f u sai!?

>british engineering

Why do this? I'm angry now. It's a small island with almost nothing on it

Bridge to Terabithea

>passing through the gate of the great pelvis
>minus one dead kid

because when you CAN shit up the scenery with giant manmade junk, you SHOULD shit up the scenery, to show dominance like a stupid dog

I guess it's a deeper-water dock for cargo ships. But yes, initial thought was, why?

Great suicide spot 10/10 Cornell students love it

My home states bridge is still my fav.

Sorry, collaboration between English architect and French engineer. It looks fantastic, but will fall down eventually.

Hampton Roads bridge tunnel, so you can get from one side to the other and ships can still come and go.

is a bridge actually a good way to kill yourself? Like when you by chance survive you will be so fucked up that you won't be able to kill yourself anymore

And another local suicide, Ritchie from the Manic Street Preachers probably took a dive off the Severn Bridge. They found his car there.

Ah, that explains why there is an identical one on the other side. So I was completely wrong about it being a dock.

Ha, crazy.

OP here, thanks guys, got to go.

There's a documentary about the Golden Gate bridge as a suicide hotspot. In the documentary they interviewed a guy that jumped and lived. The Coast Guard fished him out of the water and took him to the hospital. He said as soon as his hands left the rails, he felt instant regret.

See ya

Not the best looking bridge in portland but still my favorite because it spans two states. Washington and Oregon

holy moly

I mean look how big that river is, wtf

love the clifton suspension bridge

OP what is your post code? i'm BS16