"AOTY"

>"AOTY"
>no one remembers it anymore
lmfao

such a shit race bait album

Imagine you are the head of an online publication that writes reviews on a form of media. The type of media is inconsequential: whether it's film/theatre, music, interactive; it 's all applicable. Since you are the head of an online publication, you have access to analytics and metrics which can often be quite comprehensive. You can also likely see how people use your website, how they migrate from one article to the other.

You want to increase readership, and thereby worth in your website. However, this requires the antithesis of what the idea of a "critique" is. Instead of impartial analysis, you must impart guided advertising. Rather than opinion, you express manipulative rhetoric. There's an easy way to do this: have the media creators or curators pay for positive reviews. But that's too blatant, too messy: if word were to get out about the pay-to-play method of your publication, serious ethics complaints would afflict your organization.

So complete advertising, devoid of critique is not practical if you want to increase value. But remember: you have the gift of analytics!

Overwhelmingly, the readership prefers Hip Hop over Rock, Social Politics over Meta-Drama, or Action-Adventure to Real-Time Strategy. An album to get high marks prompts much more clicks and certain writers get greater public reaction than others. This data is very important: with it, you can make seemingly innocuous opinions into dangerously marketable pieces. Oftentimes, you can catch people into cycles of habitually returning to your website simply because you've catered to the way they browse the most.

I always thought a lot of the acclaim was political

JUST

this is a good pasta, where's it from? just some user?

really fucking embarrassing for p4k. 2016 was actually one of the greatest years in music in a long time and their #1 album was this garbage. fucking embarrassing.

no one takes them seriously anyway except for tumblr females and nu-males

Why did you greentext a quote

Just some user I thin

I have never listened to any songs of this album besides 'Don't Touch My Hair' and I liked it a lot. Had been meaning to listen to the rest of it for a while but I get super turned off by dumb artists getting political. What's political about it?

poor solange got all of the pretty stolen by her cunt of a sister

MARXIST
CRITICAL
THEORY

at least it wasn't a Beyonce album

wrong on every count. 2016 was a godawful year for music compared to others in the 2010s and Solange's album was very good despite that

>blackstar
>bottomless pit
>death of a bachelor
>formlessness reissue
>goodness
>heaven is a place
>i am satan
>it tired me all the same
>living with ghosts
>the white album
>22 a million

>2016
>a godawful year for music
lel

not even half of those pass the 7/10 mark and literally none of them hit 8/10. Fuck off you pathetic pitchfork drone.

enjoy your boy band preteen shit, p4k-approved "experimental", and bandcamp bottom feed you retard

blackstar: easy 9/10
bottomless pit: 7/10 not as good as half of the stuff DG did but still good
death of a bachelor: 6.5/10 but honestly one of the best things that ever came from the post-scene
Formlessness Reissue: 8/10, already Formlessness was one of the crowning jewels of post-emo, and with the reissue and remaster it's stunning
Goodness: actually 7/10, pitchfork rode their dick hard. HLNPIT infinitely better. End of Reel is a feeler tho
Heaven is a Place: absolutely beautiful shoegaze, only someone bereft of any sense of love for life could dislike it. 8/10.
I Am Satan: Raw and emotive, plus it's a very nice culmination of a lot of different post-hardcore, emo, and pop punk styles. Can be melodramatic at times but overall is very nice. 7/10.
it tired me all the same: beautiful post-hardcore twinkle rock. Sounds a lot like Snowing but still unique. 7/10.
Living With Ghosts: Just some MCR unreleased shit, honestly a 5/10 but it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination.
The White Album: Almost as good as EWBARITE. 8/10.
22, A Million: Stellar and haunting. 9.5/10.

easy there buddy that much salt can give you a heart attack

I am quite literally stunned at how badly you understand and review music.

i truly trust and value the opinion of an angry music nerd
thank you
you've opened my eyes

Kill yourself.

this happens to 90% of the albums that are declared aoty on this board, though, at least this one was discussed for a while unlike others

>bottomless pit
>death of a bachelor
>the white album
>22 a million
>lel

you have terrible taste