In the first round of the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select

In the first round of the NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select....

Johnny Menziel

Nobody. They trade the pick for Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, and a Subway card with lifetime 6" subs.

The Texans then go ahead and draft the next Brandon Weeden to go with the original Brandon Weeden they'll have backing him up.

Somebody kill me......

I'm worried that they bite the meme and take Myles Garrett. I want them to take Jonathan Allen.

Tony Romo

Me

I'm getting tired of this meme. Not just from outsiders, but from retarded Browns fans themselves.

>Browns pick a QB
>LOL FUCKING SAME OLD BROWNS, YET ANOTHER QB BUST WHEN THEY HAVE NEEDS EVERYWHERE

>Browns pick something other than a QB
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, YOU CAN'T WIN GAMES WITHOUT A QUARTERBACK, SAME OLD BROWNS!

And for the matter I do hope they draft Allen.

Nick Saban

Deshaun Watson

They should take Garrett or Allen and draft a QB next year in a much better class of QBs (Darnold, Jackson, Browning, Rosen). Though they should bait as if they're hyped about Kizer to try to get the $(ers or the Jest to trade up for him, then take BPA.

As a Texans fan, this would be incredible. Especially if the next Brandon Weeden is Mason Rudolph, who is pretty good and could be available in the 4th-5th round if he changes his mind about staying another year.

In fact, the Texans should consider trading a mid-range pick so that some other team like the Browns could pick up Osweiler's albatross of a contract, sort of like they do in the NBA.

Ronda Rousey

me

...A LARGE CONTAINER OF NACHO CHEESE SAUCE (expired)

They would be stupid to not take Allen or Garrett

Brandon Weeden

this, plox

Myles Garrett

A 2008 Pontiac grand prix

>Needing a draft
Fuck off with this communist sport

What are your pronouns, xir?

A Waffle

The draft is the most communist thing in sports
Almost everything inside the NFL is communist as fuck
And yet I'm the leftist?
Fuck off

I don't like this pick.

I agreed with everything until you said Rosen. That guy is a walking fucking meme.

maybe they'll be free of the meme when they get a QB and they dont ruin him for once

letting the same richer and more powerful franchises bankroll their way to championships year after year is a disgusting european divegrass system

we believe in competition here

I love this pick

A $50 gift certificate to Panera Bread

if they didnt draft like total shit this meme wouldnt exist

>have needs everywhere
because they cant draft
>have no QB
because they cant draft

So the real problem is them picking shit talent regardless of position.

That said some of the players they picked in the last two years are pretty good, especially Shelton, Ogbah and Nassib.

Letting the same richer more powerful franchises bankroll their way to championships year after year sounds like the most American thing possible

Monopoly
Lack of freedom of choice for employer
Not really

Plus if you get rid of the draft, you'd still have the salary cap
That's communist too, but having the draft makes it overkill

add long as it isn't dalvin cook idgaf

That's because the NFL is a cartel. It's not Browns competing against the Steelers who compete against the Patriots who compete against the Cowboys etc. It's the NFL competing with other sports.

What would you suggest, some kind of bidding war?

Meant for

...the NFL to step in and do something about this franchise

All they really need is continuity at the Head coaching position.

Tough to draft for a team when it's your first year.

They still have rg3

the owner hires the worst people (GMs, coaches) (evidence: see their record year in and year out)

i hope the situation improves eventually

Yeah
Just like if they was free agents

Well it's true, but you know, it's a vicious cycle.

>owner hires a shit coach
>shit coach doesn't win games
>shit coach gets fired
>a good coach doesn't want to coach there because they're revolving door for coaches
>so they have to hire another shit coach
>repeat infinitely

I was actually surprised when they managed to land Hue who was their top target and who the 49ers and the Giants were already interested in, and who was promised he'd get the job if Cincy after Lewis leaves. Typically they can't coaches like this and have to settle for rejects who didn't already sign elsewhere (see: Pettine and Chudzinski).

There's three things that are really important:

Draft
Salary cap
Free agency

Free agency guarantees they cannot just retain their players infinitely like the 70s Steelers could, but salary cap was really the game changer. Before the salary cap, it was literally four ultra rich NFC teams (49ers, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys) winning fucking everything and they had to introduce the cap to make sure it won't continue.

Better be a stroopwafel or no deal

Still no justification for the draft

me all my dreams finally coming true NFL

The justification is that they have a monopoly so they can get away with it.

So why do you fuck around with this sport?

>hire shit coach
>shit coach doesn't win games
>shit coach gets fired
>hire good coach
>good coach wins a few more games, but you gave him shit to begin with so it will take a while
>fire him after 2 years
>hire shit coach

da burrs

i don't give a FUCK about labor

The Browns will select every Alabama player available in every round.

If you can't beat them, might as well become them.

It's plastic as fuck though

>can't beat them
What did he mean by this

What does labor have to do with anything? NFL players also benefit from the monopoly.

if i have lifetime 6 inch subs, can i get a foot long or do i have to get 2 separate 6 inchers with the same thing on it?

Courtney Brown

are people in Cleveland really that stupid looking?

Cyborg Brett Favre

the ones that pay to go browns games are