Makes nothing but boring R&B music

>Makes nothing but boring R&B music
>Get mad when people call him an R&B artist because he don't want to be pigeonholed
>Continue to make boring R&B music

Why do people like this asshole? Nothing about him stands out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MnXtIuYuJUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Dramatically comes out online in a vague blog post
>Isn't even gay

Pitchfork and virtue-signalling liberals who think Kendrick and Frank are the magnum opus of modern music.

When you're black it's a bigger deal if you gay and if you don't let people know you suck dick they gonna drop you from the shock

Saying that you don't belong to a genre is just a simple tactic to get crossover fans to check you out. It's nothing to get mad about.

But Frank Ocean is good

this

>generic r&b
that's not true it has a little more experimentation especially compared to what you would expect from an r&b album, and it has a lot of influences outside of the genre like the beach boys and brian eno, that give it a lot more flavor

Yeah, Frank isn't generic r&b. He's art-pop with r&b influences (at least on Blond(e)). He still bores me to death though. I don't get why people make him out to be such a huge deal.

It's watered down Andre 3000.

have you heard either of those artists?
show me frank rappin like andre or andre singing like frank

amazing vocalist, really talented songwriter
he's gonna be remembered even if only for writing openly gay love songs instead of hiding it or leaving it ambiguous

blonde is a 10 easily

>muh shitty alt-R&B

it's you whose back should be getting lashed, Anthony

I haven't listened to Franks music yet but I had a couple classes with this really autistic dude that looks just like him. Guy had a really breathy low voice and a small part of me is scared that's what Frank sounds like.
I know it's stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=MnXtIuYuJUM

hes more pop than rnb but doing shit with calvin harris isnt going to get him taken more seriously

>Liking R&B
KEK

>alternative r&b
>r&b

lol, kids...real r&b here

Blonde best album of last year

>writing off a whole genre
i see what you're saying but frank does a lot more vocally than andre is doing there
andre is great and has a whole lot of talents that frank doesn't but the vocal work on blonde is way more complex than that

I really wish I could jump into your mind and figure out where the fuck things went so terribly wrong.

>the vocal work on blonde is way more complex than that

nice meme but like listen to the cuts in nights alone. the layering of different backing tracks is pretty unarguably more dense than andre. they're going for different things. you don't have to like it but you can't say it isn't true

CO > B