youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs
youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps
youtube.com/watch?v=7b7DgOeMnW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss all of the 2000s

No everything objectively went to shit after mid-to-late 2009

lol fuck no

Try 2007

Yeah. Before the SJWs. Before the Trump fags. Times were much more peaceful (in the U.S., the Middle East sucked like always).

Nah dude 2007 and 2008 were fine

>Tfw this was the shit back then

youtu.be/YdQhxztj8Cc

I want back

I mean, trump was being a reality star at that point and went to Mets games

I miss chillwave.

>wearing a suit to a baseball game

He really is autistic, isn't he?

Lots of people do that at baseball games. You are showing a public image and he isn't even hard to find. Imagine him just casually wearing a Mets shirt. Everyone would call him unprofessional and lazy and etc

The world should have ended in 2012

I'd rather see the world end for later generations. We may be fucked as of now, but in the next millennium, we may be seeing some grade A terrible Shit

He wasn't in politics yet was my point, obviously he was still famous

Kind of? I mean even now one could see that they had a definitive aesthetic, but do I miss it? Not really, but perhaps in 10 years I will.
He might be autistic, but you're retarded.

Technically the world we knew ended in 2012, who knew everything would get so fucking political, surreal and tedious past that.

>He wasn't in politics yet
trump ran for president in 2000

that's when music only started getting good mate

youtube.com/watch?v=zol2MJf6XNE

me too senpai :'(

youtube.com/watch?v=qlJ27Dcv4fc

I really miss when commercial-core indie music of 2006 - 2012

I miss the "indie-hype machine"

I miss hipster runoff

youtube.com/watch?v=_XC2mqcMMGQ

This.
Sup Forums may not have been any better of a place but at least it was decidedly more fun before rapfags, Sup Forums, and facebook took over

Sup Forums took a nosedive in overall quality 2011/2012

Yeah but not cause of fucking deadmau5

If I'm not mistaken the Mayans didn't consider the end of the world to be "Earth blows up and we all die", and it was the start of a new age, rather. This is a notion that appears elsewhere too, Japan for one has cyclical notions of the apocalypse, if my memory doesn't fail me.

>tfw the Mayans foresaw the rise of politics into daily conversation and the Age of Outrage centuries before it happened

>Before the SJWs
Yeah it's not like SJW's existed long before you started watching InfoWars. All those damn hippies 50 years ago didn't exist

>the Mayans were right but we have to live through it

FUCK

Evola was wrong, NOW we are in Kali Yuga

>tfw in a few years people will be looking back on Sup Forums right now with nostalgia

Were they on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums was essentially apolitical, or just contrarian if anything.

I disagree, as much as I miss the indie meme music, Sup Forums really peaked around 2013 when meme-rap exploded

It was sort of like a last hurrah of Sup Forums and after that Summer all of that meme energy discussion just left here and splintered off into a lot of facebook pages and became the mainstream of music culture.

The last good threads that used to regularly be posted here were the hip-hop generals of 2015 when barter 6 and ds2 came out.

This song was the last Summer of Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs

It's more akin to the end of the world as we know it, really, rather than "the world will end and there will be nothing but wastelands". So throw your predictions and philosophy out of the window because nothing of that will make sense anymore and we have to suit ourselves for a new age.

I mean, the considered end of the Arab Spring is December 2012. The entire world, as a whole, changed that year.

Sup Forums was best when it convinced me to listen to Slint and the Avalanches and Fishmans

Maybe the "peak" wasn't the word I was looking for. It was more like that last great one.

I personally thing Sup Forums peaked when MBDTF came out and perhaps the Death Grips ARG

I was happier, healthier, and less depressed so yeah
I'm moderately more successful than I was before however

Yes, I was still in high school and getting laid all the time. Now I'm just like (You)

DESU, I'm really angry it didn't become mainstream. Imagine seeing washed out, neon Indian, or toro y moi become a huge star.

No, i think culture has been experiencing a spiritual death that occurred during the obama years, poptamism was the embrace of mediocrity, capitalist and consumer culture masked as social liberalism and pushed by yuppie music journalists.
Electronic music was rebranded as "EDM", watered down, and mass marketed to dude bros.
Guitar music, if it still exists is usually made by some petit bourgeois sad faggot, jangly pop, shoegaze, crawl back into your mothers womb music.
Rap, which used to be made by lower class black people and be about their problems is now top 40 pop music or marketed more towards the interests of once again, yuppie liberals.
I think any and all lower class and proletariat voice has been removed from mass culture, the last big phase of that was in the 90's with brit pop and grunge, and how rap used to be.
Now music is made in the favor of soulless upper middle class people who have dreams of being the managerial and bureaucratic elite.
I think culture as a whole has stagnated, frozen, because there is no hope for the future, the end of history, the future is a never ending nightmare of capitalist exploitation and there is no hope, so people look to the past, and thats why nostalgia seems so prevalent, remakes, reboots, expanded universes, sampling, etc

If you want a picture of the obama years picture a blue haired sjw yuppie with a skrillex cut who attends a university and lives in a gentrified area telling a lower class white person who works 3 part time jobs that they are born privileged and racist and deserve everything bad capitalism does to them, picture unending divisive identity politics, never class politics, picture the demand for representation in pop cultural media, the demand for the commodification of social movements and marginalized groups, but never the improvement of material conditions in reality

Toro Y Moi is pretty big now but

You are a big racist

b-but TPAB! conscious rap is alive and well!

Yeah, I miss the birth of American Idol and the ignoring of real music with talented musicians.

vampire weekend :)

This is actually a good point about the drowning out of most non-upper-middle class voices.

Isnt it striking that this used to be popular music

youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

The real big problem with americans is they have a severe lack of class consciousness.

Lets examine rockism and poptamism under this lens.
Rock music, which was made by lowerclass white men, was derided by upper middle class young urban professionals, so that we could live in a world were you get excited about the profit motive, the chart number, and the stagnate top 40 shit the record company feeds you that was put together by a committee and marketers

Capitalism has even consumed vaporwave. Is there anything capitalism can't put it's dready hands on?

I'm starting to think nasheeds and tunes advocating suicide killing are really the only thing remaining that can combat american imperialism.

I think it's more striking in country music.

Lots of popular country artists in the 50s/60s/70s legitimately grew up in rural poverty and never had any sort of formal education.

Of course there's much less severe poverty like that today, but still, I can't imagine the sad, trampled songwriters of yesteryear singing about a shiny new lifted pickup like it was the ultimate thing to obtain in life. Or the countless contemporary country songs about partying and hanging out.

Great, 50 songs about being happy with your friends. Does anyone learn anything from listening to those other than "I need to buy Bud Light and Skoal and take out a loan for a new Chevy!"

Honestly, even those are in a fairly weird state (speaking as someone who was an upper-middle class guy). There is a distinct disassociation of personal identity - it's how you have memes and stuff about parties still making a lot of success in the midst of politics spreading to nearly anything. Personal identity seemed to have disappeared outside of things like politics, and there was a very distinct nihilism that I can't really put into words - it's why shoegaze and jangle pop and the whole "chill" attitude have become so popular. With the society shaping itself towards this odd need to have an opinion on all things political, they moved towards a whole "nothing matters, so relax and let's party" style that is honestly really present. Now the thing is - with this, they left behind a sense of personal identity. In comparison to other years, it all seemed to blend together and fuse into one big mess that is kind of hard to discern. This nihilism caused by a sensation of a considerably more difficult future and different values leads to a detachment from personal identity.

Thing is, this behaves like a water ripple. Suddenly this starts applying to others further down below and it all just leads to depression, cognitive disassociation and romanticizing possible perfect situations.

Essentially, the upper-middle class is going through a massive emotional crisis right now and that stuff is resonating down below - and with far more impactful results.

The funniest thing about capitalism is how it sneaks up on the people who claim to hate it the most.

The invisible hand is real, you don't see it when it comes up and grabs you by the pussy.

Music used to be about the sadness that came from poverty or the confidence and determination of a poor person to escape that poverty.

Now most music, even black music, seems to have morphed to cater to the interests of coastal elites, the future neoliberal managers that maintain the the negative peace of capitalism which affords them privileges over the the "hicks" of middle america and and the minorities from the ghettos. Or music is about the spectacle, no substance, like EDM, people go to those festivals to do drugs and see bright lights, not the music.

Burn down the disco
Hang the blessed DJ
Because the music that they constantly play
It says nothing to me about my life
Hang the blessed DJ

Lol who cares what yuppies are emo about, are they scared trump might deport their maid and they might have to raise their own kids for once.
Try living paycheck to paycheck, try getting your job outsourced, try automation, try your country being culturally destroyed by mass immigration while the rich live in all white gated communities and tell you to love diversity every time a terrorist attack happens

I'd love to know how the U.S. is being culturally destroyed by anyone, nigga we destroyed everyone else's culture -they're all Americans now, to greater and lesser degrees.

I miss being young, like most before me I idealize the time period where I was a child, so late 90's early 00's, in like 5 years we will be flooded with 15 years who where in primetime for early 10's, and the cycle will continue.

No, not even, I've actually seen quite a few of them leaning towards that side. It's a bit odder than that. Essentially the upper middle class has impact in that it's the one that can really make a certain brand take off as an internation thing, as it feeds from both ends and it can both funnel from the higher classes (which are far beyond upper middle class) to the lower classes or vice-versa.

Current "yuppie" situation is... odd. There seems to be no sense of personality, of having your own uniqueness, it's essentially become about what groups do you identify with, in particular in a more political sense, and nihilism (as mentioned by other posters, what with festivals being about the spetacle rather than the music). This all emanates from the 2008 crash and the realization that they wouldn't be able to live the same life as their parents, which lived in a completely different social climate, many of which climbed up a corporate ladder by knowing how to play their cards right (such as developing their skills beyond just what's needed and becoming more and mroe valuable).

Since they end up being the tendency canal, they essentially have a deep impact in trends being sent up towards the higher classes from the lower classes and how that applies back. Which essentially means that the folks below are witnessing an upper middle class that desperately wants to cling to something - and since they can't and that ends up going to middle class and then lower middle class and eventually the lower classes the whole thing essentially just becomes a chaotic mess for everyone down below as the upper middle class intervenes everywhere trying to find out their place.

I can't go "oh pity me" at all, I'll give you that, but there's a weird phenomenon that's going on right now in the upper middle classes where they, as a whole, are trying to figure out their own identity and that intereferes with everyone.

That's actually something that is quite funny - everyone's American to a greater or lesser extent, but what that essentially means is that Americans are getting more and more divided as they can't find an uniqueness in their own culture and thus the rise of politics in day-to-day conversation.

Yes but only because I was young and had friends

I miss pre 2007

Yes. Class of 2014, I miss scene girl pussy

2007-2009 more like

All those people who would say that are also autistic. You wear a shirt and wear the jersey over the shirt with some jeans or slacks, not formal wear. Imagine if he wore a fucking tuxedo everywhere he went.

>nobody understands what REDpill really means
>even the left is overly concerned with niche identity politics bs

divided and conquered

I think this song perfectly describes the culture of the teens

youtube.com/watch?v=7b7DgOeMnW4

I miss Obongo

Maybe I was young and naive, but I really thought that Yes We Could....we did not

I agree with most of what you say but suggesting that music made by/for the middle-upper class is inherently bad while music made by/for the working class is inherently good is dumb.

the sadness of poverty will always be more potent than the the sadness of some guy whose dad didnt buy him a second car.

what do you miss the most, that time he expanded the surveillance state, that time he bailed out the banks and foreclosed on millions of homes.

My favorite obama moment was actually after the presidency were the first thing he did was hang out with billionaires on their private islands and give speeches to wall street.

Real salt of the earth that obama guy

You bet your god damn ass I do

my personal fav was how he didn't close Gitmo

I was born in '88 so usually I'd sit here and talk about how great the '90s were, but if we're talking only 21st century then I believe '04-'09 was pretty great.

>the sadness of poverty will always be more potent
not if the song is shit
>sadness of some guy whose dad didnt buy him a second car
link pls

The sadness of having all things material and nothing else is a real thing

I don't think upper middle class is at the level of "buying your son two cars", talking as one guy that's actually from upper-middle class (though not right now after I moved out for college), it's more of a "giving your son a brand new car" or something. Then again car prices here are bloody high.

>No, i think culture has been experiencing a spiritual death that occurred during the obama years, poptamism was the embrace of mediocrity, capitalist and consumer culture masked as social liberalism and pushed by yuppie music journalists.

So, basically what Christgau has been doing since the 1960s.

>I was born in '88 so usually I'd sit here and talk about how great the '90s were
As if you were consciously aware of the first half of the decade anyway.

I'm real sure your 3 year old self remembered what you were doing when you first saw the Smells Like Teen Spirit video on MTV.

Apart from 2010,i don't

You forgot putting gay pride colors on the White House.

A good year for all the wrong reasons.

It is likely
Why do so many people have a hard time accepting the fact that its possible for some individuals to be consciously aware as early as 2?

think you meant to reply to the other guy

Yeah, actually.

I guarantee you he might remember watching Sesame Street back then. MTV...nah.

>This all emanates from the 2008 crash and the realization that they wouldn't be able to live the same life as their parents, which lived in a completely different social climate
Big deal, during the 70s-early 80s recession they all said you wouldn't have the opportunity your parents did in the 50s.

Wait, why are you listening to Florida-Georgia Line?

>deadmau5
His only worthy release was RAT imo

I do miss not worrying about politics
i miss politics being boring as fuck, both obama and romney were bland and i like it that way
i miss indie rock having its last gasps before dying

He's sometimes criticized rich white liberals like Carly Simon and James Taylor for being phonies, but then when a group like Black Sabbath who had a legitimate working class background appeared, he didn't understand them at all and thought they were con artists.

And it's not as if his beloved Rolling Stones were greasy proles from the streets when they went to college and partied with celebrities in the Playboy Mansion.

>Hillary taking selfies with celebrities while Trump was holding huge rallies with thousands of Joe Beer Guts in blighted Rust Belt towns

>Music used to be about the sadness that came from poverty or the confidence and determination of a poor person to escape that poverty.
>1910 music started
Shut the fuck up you clueless mong.

You are delusional to think music got worse in the last 10 years and to hold up the music of the 90s as where it went to shit

The real truth is the commercial music has always been degenerative, crude, tasteless even perpetuating anti-family behaviour, as far back as the 19th Century.

The spiritual death and decline of the Western world is not some recent phenomena, it is a process that has been ongoing throughout the entirety of the 20th Century. It of course did not help that Western man was completely demoralised by the Two World Wars of the 20th Century. These wars were a mechanical slaughter/genocide of White Europeans. Some people like Theodore Kaczynski the decline as far back as the Industrial Revolution, other claim even Enlightenment. One of the pillars of our rich traditional culture was Romantic Classical music which celebrated structure, beauty and harmony.

Towards the end of the 19th Century and early 20th, modernist thought started to emerge in the West, particularly via institutions like the Frankfurt School which brought us the notion of critical theory. One of the targets of critical theory of was classical music. Along came Modern Classical and Post-Modern Classical. With Jewish composers like Schoenberg who put forth pieces that posit that ideals like beauty are subjective and that form and structure is restrictive. They made pieces that jumped all over the place, caused anxiety to listen with grating timbres and melodies, the sort of music that would become featured in Disney cartoons. Modern Classical is in a sense a sonic portrait of the Jewish soul and in comparison to Romantic Classic is stripped of a rich and verbose spirit.

1/4

The emergence of mass-media in the 20th Century was an accelerating force in the spiritual death of the Western soul. Technologies like television and the radio allowed for not only the dissemination of, but mass-visualisation of different concepts and ideas. Unfortunately the content that was broadcast via these revolutionary technologies perpetuated a modernist perspective of reality that was mostly nihilistic, demoralising and subversive. This is the period that commercial "Rock/Popist" music emerged. Music was no longer high-art made for and by aristocrats, it was now an attraction of the masses. By virtue of this fact, it had to degenerate to become accessible to the lowest common denominator. Western music lost a lot of its spirit and potency from the popularisation of recorded music. Popular music and by extension Popular culture in general has been degenerative for the West simply because it has been a replacement of God. Friedrich Nietzsche summed up this phenomena the best when he declared that God is dead and we killed him. The religious and obsessive impulses of people is no longer being devoted to passion to God. God was once an ideal for man to strive towards that maintained a healthy, high-trust, civilised society. It also fostered homogeneity and cohesion amongst a people by providing them shared, relatable cultural practices. Instead these impulses became directed towards popular culture phenomena which do not encourage lifestyles that maintain civilisation. For example the degenerate mass drug-fuelled orgies centred around music like Coachella, some that are celebrated today with a nostalgia amongst boomers like Woodstock.Beatles-mania is an early example of an almost religious level of devotion in popular music, a phenomena where people were crazed by the Beatles. This crazed following has been replicated many times over with fandoms/scenes for many bands and genres, forming their own subcultures.

2/4

It is this notion of subcultures that are another degenerative agent to Western culture. These subcultures have assisted in fracturing the homogeneity and unity of Western society by creating artificial cultural divisions between individuals based on something as arbitrary as the music that they listen to. This splintering of Western society based on music is apart of and fuels a wider trend of radical Individualism.

The Internet has been the main vehicle of this radical Individualism and in some ways there is some benefits to this Internet era of meme-music. The same old hostile and subversive cultural gatekeepers of the 19th and 20th Century no longer have as control on the content that we consume. The narrow width of the ideological mental prison imposed on the masses is widening. As part of that, there is far more variety in music than ever before in history. It is possible to completely opt-out and find alternatives to music that isn’t hostile to Western society. There’s also a lot more experimentation and risk-taking in music of today now that there is potential to reach an audience without being held back by the traditional channels of the past. This means that not only is it possible to make much more radical and profound music, but for it to be heard by an audience. The widely available software also provide more freedom over constructing, moulding and manipulating sounds and audio than ever before, allowing for more of an deliberate and detailed artistic expression via the medium of music. Works of art that could raise, empower and impact the European collective-consciousness for the better.

3/4

The popular music of today is only horrible because the pushers of such music are hostile to the West. The most popular flavour of pop-music in the US at the moment is Trap music, a hip-hop derivative almost exclusively dominated by African Americans and their Jewish record producers. The fact that this music is popular also reflects the radical demographic shift in the United States towards a true multiethnic, multicultural society in which White Europeans will soon be a minority. The people consuming this content are third-worlders and this music reflects their primitive, uncivilised sensibilities. Lyrically, trap is usually concerned with material wealth, drug-use, violence and casual sex. Sonically it is very repetitive, loud and crude.
There’s a quality to trap music however of confidence and enthusiasm that is interesting. Something that is interestingly lacking from popular genres of music dominated by white people like indie-rock music which tends to be more nihilistic, awkward, dissociated, anxious or plays with the concept or irony/authenticity as an extension of diffidence and indecisiveness. I think this is in part another example of the spiritual death of Western culture as derived from popular music.So while popular of music of today could be interpreted as “bad”, it has been that way for a very long time. Most music is degenerate in general and has worsened the state of Western spiritual health but I also think its a symptom of poor spiritual health which has existed for at least a century now. I’m not saying you should sperg out and completely boycott music, but its best to be self-conscious when listening to music, use it as your lens to derive meaning from contemporary music and do not be afraid to make music yourself using these ideas to shift perspectives.

There is also a lot of a hope in the future for music and some of the best works in music, especially electronic music have been made within the last decade or so in my personal opinion.

5/4

the joos argument falls apart when you take into consideration that many of the high class puppeteers right now are not exclusively jewish and that steve reich, a critic of "ugly jewish classical music" and a proponent for the restoration of beauty and harmony in classical music, happens to be a jew himself

Is this Jonathan Bowden's ghost wtf?!

didnt read

how does that contradict what he said in any way? what the fuck are you on about?

The joos argument doesn't fall apart just because there is self-hating Jews and Jewish dissenters to jews.

And my argument wasn't really concerned with jews anyway, only a small factor of my points. Just making sure I point out the tribe when required. But yes you're right, they only played a partial role in the decline of the Western consciousness, its apart of a wider phenomena.