Can psychedelics fix my social anxiety?

Other urls found in this thread:

drugpolicy.org/drug-facts/psychedelics-facts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics#Psychedelics_and_the_law
drugpolicy.org
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PJZp5Xd6y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, take benzos, like klonopin.

Psychedlics are good after dealing with those issues (or in combination with benzos).

I wouldn't put my faith into them. They're illegal for a reason. And no, Big Pharma conspiracy isn't one of them.

They're illegal because the government decided to do make it so
There's no logical reason for it to be illegal but it just is

No it's probably a terrible idea to take psychedelics to fix a problem with your real life
Have you tried going out and drinking with people?

>They're illegal for a reason

What reason(s) exactly?
Panic-regulation after its spread in the mid-late 90's?
k

I tried all sorts of pills, it only made me a brainless zombie

also after said weed high in pic I had a very productive day but it wore off so fast I figured something stronger will do the job.

You haven't tried the right pill then mate.
Keep looking or go down into the amazonian jungle and have some ayahuasca and come back a new man.

>What reason(s) exactly?
Perhaps because they are mind altering and might even boost his anxiety into paranoia and fuck his shit up in all kinda ways?

That's not the actual reason any psychedelic illegal you dumb fuck.

is*

What is your argument for illegal 'drugs' like marijuana then? Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's bad. It just means if abused, it'll fuck you up. Just like every drug. Stupid ass government needs to stop this war on drugs and spend money on more pressing issues like your retarded perspective.

What is the real reason then? Share your knowledge with us.

I did try when I had social life, but the problem is mostly anxiety with my parents..
for some reason I keep feel very uncomfortable to talk to them about anything really, and it shouldn't be like this, they are very loving and caring..

PHARMA-BRO HERE!

100% certified pharma-bro present. First line treatment for any type of anxiety involves a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Typically this means to try either Fluoxetine or Escitalopram. As mentioned, benzo's are an option but they are not recommended as first line therapy due to side effects and risk of addiction, and should be used after SSRI's are tried.

SSRI's work most of the time though. Please ask me for more questions! You wont find much professional medical advice on here

Go see a psychiatrist, you need to talk to someone

I think you are just too afraid to disappoint them. So if you don't want to disappoint them then stop taking drugs.

Is fentanyl really much stronger than morphine?
Also how is it created?

And please dont listen to everyone else here saying try this pill or try that. It's always an SSRI first, always. No psychedelics will not help, and if they do you're just introducing a multitude of more problems such as a greatly increased risk of dementia and schizophrenia. It's not worth the risk just see a doctor and get an SSRI prescribed.

Or damage control for said drugs.

Have a fucking google search. Are you literally incapable of doing so? Reasons I should be providing reasons are becoming more apparent with every post you make. drugpolicy.org/drug-facts/psychedelics-facts

Here's just one link - Have fun searching through a sea of results that say the same shit. If you want some real sources, go to wikipedia and look at their references. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelics#Psychedelics_and_the_law

Fentanyl is ~150x more potent. For a fun fact, look up Carfentanyl, which is about another 150x more potent than fentanyl. Morphine is the more "pure" drug taken from the opioid poppy, but fentanyl is a more synthetic and/or isolated form of this same poppy. It's basically a more concentrated version.

>drugpolicy.org
Are they Government?

I went to a psychiatrist, we tested a bunch of pills,after nothing worked I tried counseling which didn't work either

I usually get the anxiety with things that will actually make them happy..
for example I want to join the gym but I can't stand the thought they'll ask me where I'm heading.

I think the anxiety is mostly gone and it's the lack of social skills with strangers which bothers me less, but with my parents its kicking strong

How is the molecule that much more potent?
Something to do with the groups?

Also why is morphine so much more used if these drugs are so much stronger, is it related to price or is it just easier to dose?

Psilocybin is a much better alternative to every SSRI/SNRI/SARI/trycyclic antidepressant/atypical antidepressant I could ever get prescribed.

You can see if your [government-goon] doctor will give you something that actually works or experiment with low-dose psychedelia until you find the right thing.
Smoke more weed too.

it helps you see things in a different perspective. what you get is what your thinking about and how your thinking about it at the time.

if you wanna not be anxious, just get in shape and dress as well as you can and keep trying. its like stage freight, all the books in the world about how to overcome it wont help as much as experience

gl faggot

>Avoiding the substance of the post.

I'm done with you, tbh famalamadingdong

Your post is one of the reasons why drugs are illegal. You junkies are completely oblivious of the true nature of reality.

and alcohol isnt mind altering? faggot

Funny how a junkie is actually slightly more capable with providing a fact check than you blind normies.
Have fun living your life in a blind lie. No, seriously. Enjoy it.

Do you remember if you started on an SSRI? For every ailment there are steps to take, so if SSRI's fail there are other options. Can you tell me a little more backstory? I'll try to help as much as I can bro.

The structures are SLIGHTLY different, but in the body this is huge. Every opioid metabolizes into morphine, think of morphine as the "Base form". Fentanyl when metabolized, breaks down into 150x more morphine. So by taking a little of morphine, your body has a little of the metabolites of morphine.. by taking a little of fentanyl, you're body has A LOT of the metabolites of morphine.

I could be wrong, but I've had my neuro class just last semester and first line is always SSRI's, and there was no mention of any single type of psychedelic and I wouldnt recommend it one bit. This is where medical advice vs. google comes into play man

Alcohol and training, mostly training. Ask people on the street what the time is. Get a job where you interact with lots of strangers if possible (supermarket, McD...).

Of course you're not going to be taught psychedelics are a first-line defense for depression you dumb cunt, they're illegal. Imagine a doctor telling their patient to go take LSD. That's the quickest fucking lawsuit I could ever think of. Use your brain, mr Neuroscientist.

If pharma bro is right, and you treat that anxiety with Serotonin, I would recommend a trip of MDMA.
With friends, opposite sex is really awesome, but can lead to kinky stuff.

Anyway, its not to be used frequently, just once to open your mind, like a psychedelic.

Psychedelics are more existential.
Like it is said that a DMT trip can remove the fear of death, in a good way, as people enjoy life and simple things

That was me kindly telling you you are wrong. If you want me to get "neuro" on you, are you trying to fuck up OP's dopamine levels permanently? Trying to irreversibly inhibit his GABA-ergic system and make his anxiety completely un-fixable? Are you trying to severely fuck up his hypothalamic-pituitary tract and have his neurotransmitters firing irregularly as fuck, making everything 100x fucking worse?

Anyone can google something, and you must think you're real smart, but you're dealing with someones life, don't send him this bullshit about psychedelics.

I remember I something that had a similar name to serotonin , and then some anti-depression pill(I don't know why the fuck she gave it to me, I think it actually triggered my depression)

Anyways even If I wanted to take those now, they require prescription which requires to meet again with a psy which I can't because I'm too shy to go to(:ask my parents)

That's my plan but I need to be able to get out of the house without them asking me where I'm heading

The one friend I got which is cool with drugs only smokes weed and doesn't want the shit tier drugs in this area

Oh I want to try psychedelics regardless, even
if it fucks me over

Further extension. Anxiety is classified as a disease state. Anyone taking these illegal drugs to try to fix it is just doing more harm. If you feel better for the moment thats great, but please think about your mental health months from now.

>someone who is actually being trained gives cautious yet not dismissive advice
>HURRR DURR PSYCHEDELICS OPEN THIRD EYE DUMB CUNT FUCK YOU USE UR BRAIN MUH DRUGS

for someone who is supposedly experienced in doing drugs that help with anxiety and stress you are awfully butthurt and absolutist

this is your brain on drugs that make you think you are better than people for doing those drugs

wew

Are you feeling depressed? Is it just anxiety or is there anything else bro?

It's kind of why I recommended his goon doctor start with finding out what's best for him first.
Please oh please don't drop the hammer of neuro-knowledge on a plebian like me, for I am only human.
I've taken basic neuro dude. I [sort of] know what it's like to fuck around with different neurotransmitters, and I've even gone out of my way to fuck with my own simply for fun [which was probably a huge mistake in the long run], and I can say as long as you use responsibly, you're not going to do any MAJOR damage to your brain [unless you're doing shit like k2/bath salts/alcohol], immediate or long term. Harm reduction should really be an active topic of discussion for you med students, honestly. You just prescribe whatever the fuck and hope the patient doesn't double dose or whatever the fuck on whatever random chemical you're putting your faith in.
IMO, experience beats by-the-book. Probably not the smartest opinion, but I'm humble enough to admit so, along with my mistakes.

Nah I don't think I'm depressed now (even though I should be considering I do nothing all day).
I'm a very positive person and I started to meditate so life's not that bad

HURRR DURR PSYCHEDELICS OPEN THIRD EYE DUMB CUNT FUCK YOU USE UR BRAIN MUH

Nice ad hominem.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PJZp5Xd6y8
That's why the are illegal

Im gonna be honest, I stopped reading and just skimmed once you said you've taken "basic" neuro. Pharmacists and especially doctors don't take "basic" neuro. There are strict guidelines proven by thousands of studies involving thousands of patients across the entire world. Experimenting with psychedelics is 100% the wrong answer.

Just you admitting to me that you stopped reading my post tells me how much of an egotistical idiot you must be.

You probably stopped reading the chapters you thought were "boring," because you thought you knew. I wouldn't trust you with my life, bud.

sure bro
two tinfoils make a right, right?

I find that being on lsd or shrooms make me quiet and I over think everything I say and convince myself it has a double meaning.

NO THEY CAN'T THEY WILL MAKE IT WORSE. I HAD MY FIRST FULL BLOWN ANXIETY ATTACK LATE IN LIFE- 24. NEVER EVEN HAD ANXIETY BEFORE THIS, IN FACT I WAS KNOWN TO BE CHILL. AFTER THAT I WAS HAVING 3-4 A WEEK AND NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE.

WEIRDLY , I GOT PROSTATE CANCER AT 32 (AT THIS POINT LIFE WAS HELL) AND HAD TO BE PUT ON DUTASTERIDE (GUYS ALSO USE IT FOR HAIR LOSS). INTERNET FULLL OF NIGHTMARE "STORIES" ABOUT THIS DRUG, JUST GOOGLE IT.

SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON IT I HAVE HAD ZERO PANIC ATTACKS, LOST FAT, GAINED MUSCLE ETC. DOCTORS CAN'T EXPLAIN IT BUT I SUSPECT TOO MUCH DHT CAUSES ANXIETY. IT DID IN MY CASE. NOW I COLD GIVE A FUCK IF I AM KILLED BY ISIS. I DON'T FEEL ANXIETY OR PANIC AT ALL

This is what happens when you trust your goon doctors like this guy

That's good! So if it's only anxiety there's two things I can tell you.

1) You can TRY over the counter medications such as Gingko Biloba. It's used for anxiety, and it's relatively safe, but if you've tried various meds before then this my not be as effective.

Are you currently taking any other meds or have any allergies to drugs?

2) The best option would be to see your doctor again. I know it's hard to go out and do so by yourself, but it would help you so much. Would your family be willing to go with you?

Bro please stop, not going to go thru my credentials lol. OP just ignore this guy's recommendations please.

>smoke more weed lol
If you're already anxious, the paranoia inducing weed is probably the last thing you want to ingest. Psychedelics can be helpful, but you really need to control the environment and have a truly trusted individual there to help you if things go south. Too many variables. Maybe you stop trusting your sitter because the drugs told you they're trying to butter you up for an assrape...now what do you do? Probably try and run off and get into real trouble. Anything and everything is amplified, including latent feelings of resentment and fears that a person is being disingenuous.

WHAT? THEY CURED MY PROSTATE CANCER YOU DUMB FUCK.

GO TO A VOODOO DOCTOR IF YOU DON'T TRUST THEM.

>I'm humble

>tells me how much of an egotistical idiot you must be.

Pot calling kettle black.

OP don't do anything this guy says.

From what it sounds like, he's saying shit that actually makes sense. I'm in fucking high school and I know giving someone those drugs would fuck them up

I agree OP. I wouldn't trust me.

>trotting out Hicks

Pharmbro here. The problem here is sometimes people (especially online) try to find information they deem credible (without having any knowledge to do so) and then they tell other people to try this or try that. This is the reason there is a so called "WebMD syndrome", where uneducated people look at WebMD for their headache and then jump to the conclusion that they have bran cancer.

Some people try to sound smart online but don't realize that OP is actually not well at the moment, and needs actual help.

>benzos have the deadliest form of withdrawls
Kek, you are a dumbass user.

Hey man I got bran cancer from ignoring webmb, what do you think of that?

Unfortunate, sorry to hear that man. How's it been going?

>has yet to read all of the thread

idk man the whiter matter on my frosted flake has gone bran. Will never be the same

LSD has been found to be highly usefull with PTSD and anxiety disorders if taken in micro dosages, try a 75ug tab and take it. You would need about 150-200ug to get high. About 300ug is a trip.

Have you tried sprinkling some sugar on it? It may help!

CITATION PLEASE. DON'T MAKE THESE STATEMENTS WITHOUT PROOF IDIOT.

Nothing (well, weed but it's for fun)

I need a reputable nationwide randomized clinical trial to support this

The only sugar I could find turned out to be needlepoint lsd crystals
fixed everything tbh

This nigga

So pills aren't mind altering? What about xanex? It's anxiety medication thats been proven to give you anxiety or worsten your anxiety after prolonged use. Also, pills are the leading cause of death in the US via overdose and are actually a stepping stone to harder drugs...

I'm not gonna tell you to stop smoking weed, but there's one thing I really want you to try. If you smoke lets say once a week or however many times you smoke, can you please try to cut it down for about a month? If you smoke twice a week, cut it down to once a week. I only ask this because weed has been "linked" with anxiety related problems, and if the weed is making it worse for you, you'll find out this way. So yea, not telling you to stop, but just see if your anxiety may be linked with the smoking for a month.

Otherwise, can you tell me why you think you have the anxiety?

Just google it retards, litterally. You're not taking a dosage just to get you high...
And it wass by the F.D.A sooo.

Looooooool

Pills ARE mind altering

As a pharmabro I like to see myself differently from doctors, dentists, etc. Those dudes try to drain you of money, but pharmacists overall are mainly looking out for your health

Read Show me the clinically approved trial then I'll take "just google it"

I WANT STUDIES FROM...YOU KNOW...EDUCATED SCIENTIST..NOT SOME DUDE NAMED BARRY WHO HAS A PHD IN FUCKING UNDER AGE KIDS.

I have it since I was a child, I believe that it's because my parents kept saying "oh he's just shy"
And weed makes it easy to talk about generic stuff with my dad

But I do try to cut it

>Those dudes try to drain you of money, but pharmacists overall are mainly looking out for your health

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It's true. Look up how much pharmacists get paid per "visit" or per script.

Short answer: it's none

Look at how much we get paid for providing the same consultation as doctors when you make a doctor visit.

Fun fact, it's $0 (look up pharmacist provider status. We aren't "providers" yet, so we don't get reimbursed for anything). So you can trust a pharmacist since we don't make any direct in our pocket bank from any of this. Dentists will say you have so and so like crazy, and have you coming in for routine visits for that per-visit bank.

So you've said you tried various pills right, and these were prescribed pills? I think you said you had one that sounded like serotonin (was it called Sertraline?)

If you've tried these to no avail, then I would highly recommend seeing your doctor again. Maybe one day you can casually bring it up to your dad?

No that one,
And it doesn't work like that, if I could casually mention stuff I wouldn't have a problem

Only a true pharmabro would believe that. And I do believe that you believe it.
However, its just not objectively true. Their only interest is money (and who's isn't?) but at the cost of actual human lives.

How about putting it in writing and then mail it to them?

Sounds crazy I know, but you need help and doing it that way may actually work

Who is this Nigger? A Nigger in a suit can't be trusted.

That's what I did the first time, it's a hard cringe to even remember

Whatever works user, in some cases the only important thing is the result

But yeah, it's pretty cringy

Thanks anyway, I think I'll find a socially active job and wait to get my own apartment to join a gym ..
Thanks for all the help, Sup Forums are good people in the inside..

Nice trips btw

If you need drugs to be able to function in society you should be forcibly separated from society on a permanent basis.

would the same rule apply to you too and your close ones?

There is a difference between function in society and have some problems with social interactions.

>It's basically a more concentrated version.
This isn't how it works.

The opioids like fentanyl and the like are chemically modified to either better fit, or lock into receptor binding sites for longer. Including modifying their structure to have longer halflifes and more difficult bonds to There's no "concentration" about it