Rappers who can't produce their own beats should make you sick to your stomach

Rappers who can't produce their own beats should make you sick to your stomach.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actors who don't build their own sets? Guitarists who don't just record the bass line with an octave pedal? Basketball players who don't manage the team's finances?

Vocalists who don't play instruments should go to hell.

it doesn't. but i prefer rappers know how to right music. they normally make better stuff.
those are absolutely retarded comparisons. he's not saying rappers have to produce their own beats, just that they should know how to.

>Actors who don't build their own sets?

Actors are props to the director. Their art involves interpretations of other people's writing. It ends there.

>Guitarists who don't just record the bass line with an octave pedal?

That's what the bass players are for. If they all write their own music, that's when you become and artist. When you have some understanding of composition and theory. That's what qualifies you as a musician.

>Basketball players who don't manage the team's finances?

Again. The talent of the basketball player begins and ends with their ability to play the sport. These are not fair comparisons by any stretch of the imagination.

If they can compose, they count.

It's a fair comparison because a rapper's talents can end where their rapping does

>Rappers... should make you sick to your stomach.

There you go OP

their retarded comparisons because a guitarist can play bass parts, but they don't always play the parts because that's the bassists's job. actors are expected to know some aspects of directing and cinematography. also, comparing a basketball player to an accountant is stupid. a better comparison would be a centre and a point guard. and these players know how to do each other's jobs

But rappers are involved in music, and for all the moving parts that it takes to make a song work, there has to be somebody at the helm to make the melodies and have an intimate knowledge of the pieces of the puzzle in order to move them around properly for maximum impact of the performance.

That person should be the rapper. The auteur should be the norm in the music industry. You're not a complete artist if you let somebody handle 90% of what makes the art that you do.

That's why Jeff Koons will never be considered a true artist. It's okay to delegate work to underlings if they are technical and not artistic. I can understand that. If that wasn't the case, no movies would ever get made.

Creative decision should be made by the artist, who should be in complete control of everything. You are not a true artist if you couldn't create it yourself.

And I'm sure most producers can rap a little bit too. But if you're doing a song with Jay Z and Just Blaze, let Just handle the production and let Jay handle the rapping. It'll work out better for everyone that way. Just like you wouldn't want DeAndre Jordan running pick and roll with Chris Paul as the screener.

The problem is that Jay cannot rap.

He does a really good Hip Hop impression, I'll give him that.

i agree, however the op isn't that rappers should make their own beats, just that they should know how to. i disagree that they need to know how to, but i think the music is generally better if they do

OP here. You are correct.

Listen I know that albums take a long time to make these days. Albums also take longer to promote. The album cycle with artists are longer in 2017 than in 1970. I get it. You have to delegate some work to other people in order to make these things possible.

The point is that it's a goddamn shame that people aren't hard enough on rappers to compose their own melodies. This isn't the 80s. It's not sound system culture anymore. Rappers should be making their own shit or at least making it known as often as possible that they can.

Jay-Z is a trend hopper, that's why most of his albums sound dated as fuck.

>bass line is just the guitar tab an octave lower

I actively hate Jay-Z. A man I've never met and is probably lovely in polite company. I just see him as the Jesus of phony rappers.

Shoutout to Earl Sweatshirt

Rap makes me sick to my stomach.

Odd Future might not always deliver the best product, but at least you know it's homegrown and real. Honestly if I was a rapper with a record that has no songs that I wrote, I would be too embarrassed to release it. No production credits for 90% of rappers. That's humiliating and demoralizing.

Earl produced almost every song on his last album, I have a lot of respect for him in that regard. The whole OF thing was really cringe but the music was authentic

Rappers who don't write their own songs should be as respected as singers who don't write their own songs but for some reason it doesn't work like that.

That should be the norm. Rappers should do diss tracks about guys that don't produce beats. It should be considered shameful.

>and these players know how to do each other's jobs
I don't think Shaq and AI could do each others jobs

OP comes through with trips, nice

truth

Traditionally hip hop was about the DJ and the rapper was just a person who adds poems over the top.

Does anyone anyone here actually know anything about the history of rapper or are you all mumble rap fans?

youtube.com/watch?v=zmwDaFdVd8U

who jayz wishes he was............