Avengers: Infinity War and it's Sequel Will Mark a New Beginning for The MCU

>"I can't get into too much detail about who we're introducing, but these two movies are intended to be the culmination of everything that has happened in the MCU since the very first Iron Man movie," Anthony Russo said. "In being a culmination, these movies are in some ways going to be an end to certain things, and in some ways, they're going to be the beginning of certain things."

>The Russos declined to comment further on what "certain things" will begin with the next Avengers films, including what new characters might appear. They did, however, address the process of nailing down which characters to actually choose for the films and whether personal preference or story demands rule those decisions."

So much like the comics the aftermath of IW could be a complete reboot? Maybe set of some sort of alternate unvierse. With the time stone around anything is possible.

ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/avengers-infinity-war-and-sequel-will-mark-a-new-beginning-for-mcu?abthid=57b780e2138e7dd704000008

>Marvel movies becoming better which each installment
>DC movies becoming worse with each installment

K I N O
I
N
O

I hate this gif, never post it again

>Marvel movies becoming better which each installment
Really only the Captain America movies desu. Look at the progression of Iron Man to 2 and 3, Thor to Thor 2, and Avengers to Avengers 2.

Good point.
But Ant-Man and GotG were decent. I think that's what he meant. Not in sequel order.

Age of Ultron was nowhere near as bad as people say it was.

It was kinda boring desu.

Civil war was lame.

Matter of opinion I guess, I found it at least as entertaining as the first.

Found the DCuck.

This is what I always thought it would be. That all of phase 3 acts as almost the birth of the MCU.

Where anything no matter how weird, is possible. Where earth is fully acclimated to all of it.

Everything after Avengers 4 will be set in a universe with real, rich history and legacy.

tfa>ws>cw

Agreed.

It wasn't absolutely "bad". Just very disappointing.

TWS > CW > TFA

Disagree.

WS>CW>TFA

The rumor is that Captain America, Iron Man and Thor are basically going to be phased out and Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel will carry the MCU from then on.

They're all pretty good though.

>The rumor

from here

They could just follow the comics and make falcon captain america, a new female thor, some black girl iron man and an asian hulk, or something.

I hope they don't, but they could.

Disney won't get rid of their top money makers you shitlord.

IW will probably be the end of the capeshit era

Age of Ultron already made less than The Avengers and CW made less than AoW
After Infinity War audiences will stop caring about this fad and move on to the Star Wars movies being released each year

They could stretch it out if they stopped over-saturating the market with 2 movies a year. I guess that slows down the cinematic universe building, but between them and DC, they're going to burn out around IW.

>cape movies are a fad
That's what you said years ago and yet no end is in sight and everyone gobbles them up.

I'd be okay with this.

Assuming Disney doesn't get the rights to X-Men or FF, Silver Surfer, and Galactus back, how would they up the stakes from Infinity War? Where do you guy from reassembling the pieces of God/the elemental forces of the entire universe and Thanos killing half the universe with a snap of his fingers?

AoU made less than The Avengers because it was crap.

CW made less than AoU because it wasn't "technically" an Avengers movie despite having them in there. In the end, it was still a Cap movie. I have a feeling it would've made more money if it was a legit Avengers movie.

As for the "Marvel/Capeshit Fatigue" thing, Sup Forums has been saying this since The Avengers dropped. they say this every year after capeshit comes out. And look what happens? people still flock to see it. It's popular. Just get over it.

Now that DC is in the game (despite lacking in areas), capeshit is going to get bigger.

This year alone shows that they're not as profitable as they used to be
Look at all the capeshit being released in 2018. Audiences aren't going crazy for a fucking Aquaman or a Black Panther movie. All that oversaturation is gonna cause IW to probably make BvS money

Starting 2017, we will get 3 Marvel movies per year. Enjoy.

You must be one of those people who thought BvS and Suicide Squad would easily break a billion dollars

It easily could've doubled what they initially made but due to bad writing and direction, it didn't.

BvS? Yes. the two most iconic superheroes in one movie. I expected it to hit a billion. But as soon as the reviews came in, and word of mouth hit, I knew it wasn't going to.

And of course I knew SS wasn't going to hit a billion. It's GotG tier, except GotG is better.

Nice try though.

BvS barely broke even
Suicide Squad might be on track for 700 Million but that's still just a modest success considering Iron Man 3 made over a billion

>This year alone shows that they're not as profitable as they used to be

Cape movies this year will make over 4.5 Billion.

More that any other year. wtf are you talking about, faggot?

WHY CAN'T CAPESHIT JUST DIE ALREADY

People didn't go crazy for GotG or Ant-Man yet they became very famous. You make no sense just stop.

Comic movies are dying soon

Video games are next. Prepare for Capcom / SNK cinematic universes

Literally this. No one was talking about those movies before they came out. But after they dropped, everyone was going crazy. I don't understand how capeshit does it.

I get the feeling after Infinity War will be a shit time for capeshit flicks, seeing DC rushing their cinematic universe is kinda lame.
Certainly IW will be the movie who will bury DC for once and all.

Do you honestly think Aquaman and Black Panther are gonna make the same as BvS?

This, stop already

I don't want every film that comes out to be a slow burn black and white Pakistani drama but at least try to have some resemblance of originality in your blockbusters

Marvel peaked with Winter Soldier

Captain America is their only good hero

>expect age of ultron to be a good villain
>its a robot who quips

honestly i love this picture, it states everything anyone ever needs to know about DC's failed attempt at capeshit.

Which is ironic because I had the most doubts about him

There's hundreds of blockbusters out every year. Watch some of those instead if superheroes aren't your thing.

>what is guardians, iron man 1, avengers 1, and antman

Ive watched every single marvel movie and while many are lackluster, they still have a better run than Dc will ever have.

I don't understand why they refuse to make a good movie like TDK again.

After Winter Soldier came out was a great time to be on Sup Forums. The time between Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron when everyone was happy and buzzing and the fan speculation was high was great.

Didn't you read yesterday's thread? Nolan's movies were a fluke.

>MCU over with IW Part 2
>Cap resets time or some shit at the end
>10 more years of AU Marvel capeshit movies

Dubs will make this happen

Do u really think u need dubs to make this happen

I don't know how they're going to reset but they 99% will

And they are shit, but superhero films are even blander shit, the only thing more shit are people unironically arguing and making memes about which company's shit they choose to shove down their tbroats, these people are garbage.

I'm only posting in this thread because I have nothing better to do on a Friday night than feel superior to people with bad taste and I enjoy getting angry at stuff is one of the last things to make me feel anything.

>last scene in Infinity War
>Basically a soft reboot with all properties United back under Disney as Fox become desperate to cash in as Sony have, selling the FF rights and sharing the X-Rights
>Movies now feature slightly altered continuity, new actors and a chance to right their wrongs
> massive fight scene ends with a huge White Light
>Heroes are all gathered in Central Park
>Cap: "we did it... It's a brand new day."
>Zoom out
>someone has been watching through a portal
>a black and red figure cloaked in flame growls

>Bland
Marvel are bland thanks to Disney(tm)
DC was trying something but audiences were too dumb so we got marvel skwad

Who's the figure?

Whos gonna be the big bad after Thanos get btfo?

Something like that. I'm guessing most of the prime actors will be done with the series after IW, so the MCU will probably focus on secondary characters for a while with mentions and/or light cameos of the old main characters. Later on, reboots probably. Hard to swallow, really, as autistic as it sounds I can't really see anyone else being Tony Stark than RDJ and, to a lesser degree, anyone else being Cap.

I'd like for them to maybe take a break from X-men for a while and do a few movies on X-Force from the "Cyclops makes a black ops team of killers" angle, which could be quite satisfying if they kept up R ratings.

>how would they up the stakes from Infinity War? Where do you guy from reassembling the pieces of God/the elemental forces of the entire universe and Thanos killing half the universe with a snap of his fingers
Don't be a retard. Do you really think they are goin to do Thanos and the infinity gauntlet justice? It will just be a watered down version, the stakes will be but not as high as they should be. Don't set yourself up for disappointment again.

The PG13 rating is more annoying than Disney. Even Coulson's death scene was too extreme and had to be toned down.

I am a DC fanboy and I enjoyed those Marvel films better than this Snyderverse DC movie crap.

And they couldn't even keep him dead, to further cheapen it.

The opposite actually, I can't fucking wait for quipping manlet to get out

You are just a pleb.

And scarjo
She's just there for a paycheck always phoning it in

Kang if they decide to go the normal path, Dormamu, Mephisto, Shuma Gorath if the decide to go mystical and shit, and Magus/Korvac if they decide to go cosmic again. Doom or Galactus if thet get FF rigts back

>RDJ out
Honestly he is the main reason MCU was big, after he goes out, a ton of fans will leave.

It will mark the end of a white dominant MCU. Rhodey will become Iron Man. Falcon will become Captain America. Black Valkyrie will take Thor's place as the Asgardian. An Indian girl will become Ms Marvel. Miles Morales is introduced and will probably be halfcast MJ's cousin or something. The Fantastic 4 will be introduced. Sue and Johnny's last name will be a nickname. They are now Sue and John Hernandez.

>Rhodey will become Iron Man
Don Cheadle looks like a cancer patient they would rather put a black woman like in the comics

I'm glad I'm not the only one

I doubt that they will replace Iron Man / Cap / Thor etc. they will probably focus on new heros like Spidey or Black Panther or Dr. Strange and they will fail miserable, because right now what makes the MCU so interesting to normie audience are that they know and love the heros and it's just like in a tv show, and i doubt that the new characters can archive the same success.
In 3 years after IW they will probably beg Chris Evans or RDJ for a Cap and Iron Man 4 movie just to get some nostalgia money. Screencap this for 2020.