I need good japanese music...

I need good japanese music, any genre (old school hip hop and generally old school will be preferred) cause learning the language rn ty ty ty ty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oZhc8-jmd2M
youtube.com/watch?v=cFDfpZR4QVo
youtube.com/watch?v=b-griRtKHLU
youtube.com/watch?v=JdhhCCiIx40
mega.nz/#!nAZiWTKT!_XkJ4OB_H_6J0Lub9BseCtBPMEd5tvI0k1rwIAi-tCQ
mega.co.nz/#!SdpGBSCD!Q6M062Z2HOFkX90XDX37wBvODOUXW-oBD4l0omlY68Y
youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=jfO3DsCnJh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

Try Utena OST
youtube.com/watch?v=oZhc8-jmd2M

Will check that out! Cheers

Learning Japanese through hip hop sounds ambitious. Japanese hip hop is based more on wordplay than rhyming since it's so easy to rhyme in Japanese. I've found older city pop is actually pretty great for learning Japanese though, since the enunciation is so clear. Taeko Ohnuki, in particular, is very clear (and a great musician). You may also want to look into some folk. Doji Morita and Ichiko Aoba shouldn't be terrible for a beginner to understand.

Yeah I'd just use it as an accessory to gauge where my understanding level is at occasionally. Thanks for these, I'll check out their album !
Understanding aside would you have some recommendations for best musicians / hip hop ? Since you seem to have this stuff on lock

Okay, just holy shiit, these recommendations were just amazing., esp Aoba live is beautiful

This is just great lmao

I don't listen to a ton of Japanese hip hop (I've been meaning to get into it though), but from what I've listened to I really like Moe and ghosts and Daoko.
Yeah, Aoba is fantastic. Her live album 0% (and the studio album 0) is a masterpiece.

Oh yeah I forgot about Daoko actually, also ever listen to Hiromi Iwasaki ?

youtube.com/watch?v=cFDfpZR4QVo

I hadn't heard of her until now, but this is definitely my kind of thing. Thanks for the rec! Oh yeah, and I remembered another hip hop artist you should check out. スチャダラパー. Here's a collab they just recently did with Ego-Wrappin'.
youtube.com/watch?v=b-griRtKHLU

Thanks ! That vid lmfao, also just noticed that Daoko was the singer for MeMeMe
Also ye just surfing YT recommendations right now, also came across this which I just have no word for how good it is youtube.com/watch?v=JdhhCCiIx40

If you're interested in rock definitely check out shiina ringo.

Sai Yoshiko! She gets recommended a lot on YouTube but she's literally one of my favorite artists. Her first three albums are perfect. Btw, they fucked up the album art. That track is on her third album (Taiji no Yume) but that cover art is from her first album. Both are worth listening to though. I actually uploaded her first album for a sharethread a few days ago. If you want a link:
Sai Yoshiko- Mangekyō
mega.nz/#!nAZiWTKT!_XkJ4OB_H_6J0Lub9BseCtBPMEd5tvI0k1rwIAi-tCQ

And from the archive, Taiji no Yume:
mega.co.nz/#!SdpGBSCD!Q6M062Z2HOFkX90XDX37wBvODOUXW-oBD4l0omlY68Y

Her second album, Mikkō, is also really good. I don't have a Mega link for it, but it should be on SoulSeek.

I'm going to second this too. Shiina Ringo is great. I wouldn't limit her to rock though. Maybe on Shōso Strip and Muzai Moratorium, but she's more art pop later. Kalk Zamen Kuri no Hana is her best IMO, but everything is worth a listen. If you're into jazz pop, she has a band for that too (Tokyo Jihen). They're not as good as her solo, but I still like them.

>SoulSeek
Oh fuck yes Mega links, cheers I was scared I'd have to stick to downloading albums off YT :^)

Not hiphop, and I don't know shit about learning moon runes, but I like Taeko Ohnuki

youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI&t=2s

If you're willing to try something weird try KoenjiHyakkei

favorite albums are hundred sights of koenji and angerr shisspa

Looking into em right nnow !

Also holy shit, talk about groovy
youtube.com/watch?v=jfO3DsCnJh4

Maximum the Hormone is one of like five good nu-metal bands in existence, and I'm not including Korn in that list.

Dude that Death Note intro is classc

They've got tons of better tracks. Their humour is a large part of their appeal, and the track in question doesn't contain much of it.