Sup Forums, Please be honest

Sup Forums, Please be honest.

What do you think when you see the 2016/2017 honda accord on the road?

Do you notice it? Is it a cool car?

I think.

>mid range sedan

not a buick
not a mercedes
not a audi

just another car.

I would take one over a toy though

Hmm. A physical object I can't walk or drive through. Adjusting trajectory...

I think you could not afford TLX and settled for Honda version

implying buick is a good brand

wtf the tlx is gross

Just a car.

I think your favorite color is biege, you only buy automatic transmissions, you like vente mocha lattes at starbucks, you only have sex in the missionary position, and you're one of the great unwashed who doesn't get out of the fucking passing lane when faster cars are coming up.

Not gonna lie, I like the newer model Civics and Accords.

Cool? no. Decent? yeah.

I'd think you were a pleb with no taste or personality desperately trying to fit in, in a world that is indifferent to your presence.

1st generation born in america to immigrant parents car

I notice and think, there's someone with a terrific car, not flashy, so he's probably not a beta worrying about what people think of him
I dunno, I find things like the Accord or the Toyota Avalon say to me that you just want the best car for the money and get your self esteem elsewhere.

wouldn't a faggot buying a flashy car to express his "individuality" through consumerism be more of a wide-mouth retard tho?

eh.. its better than all the korean cars, some of the japanese, and anything by chrystler corp

i'd take one over a honda or something like a fiat.
its the same car, you'd be an idiot to by the acura version of anything. same goes for infinity, cadillac or lexus. these brands are nothing more than trim packages with a different badge to seperate themselves to take on a 20% sales hike in western markets

You're stupid if you think the difference between Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus is just branding. Out of your fucking mind!

I notice them because I drive one. Just like the picture, but in black.

you... you're not this dumb are you?

couldn't be this stupid..

I didn't think it was possible to be at least capable of typing to also at least be apt enough to understand marketing and using midly better materials for an interior.

would it piss you off if I told you saabs are cavaliers? and that gtos and g8's are holdens?

looks cool at first, 6 months later is just another midsize econo box...

that being said having a car that fits in leads to less attention from police

Saabs were different though gm didn't like how different Saab made their cars. You right on nthat other shit.

All modern cars loothe same its so boring.

good goy.

buy the
>luxury car

its better.

ITS DIFFERENT

Mom car. 50 something italian woman

Just another random generic car, it shares no uniqueness. It is below the ranks of BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES, it is completely useless, that is all.

all old cars of the same ear look the same as well

Last Saabs (the 9-5) were indeed based on a GM platform. Had a better turbocharged engine though. Earlier ones were not.

I literally just got home from working at a Honda dealership

What do you want to know OP?

Never had chevy cavaliers in my country. You don't know much about saab, they over engineered parts of the car like the ignition. A shitty chevy won't start at like minus 20. Whereas a Saab would because they were sold in Sweden where it is cold.

You value reliable, economical transportation. You either don't care about performance, or you have a separate car that does it properly instead of trying to half-ass it with >muh sporty family car

t.Accord weekdays, CBR weekends

Bullshit, your obviously not into cars. Look at 60s cars and all the brands look different. Nowdays all cars look the same, mostly due to modern passenger safety regulations.

I have a 2014 Accord. My lease is up next month, getting another EX-L.

I see a sensible family guy that wants something a bit sportier than a pleb camry but feels a bit defeated because he'd rather drive a wrx, but his wive won't let him.

It's not bad, solid car, nothing flashy but will last a long time, is easy to maintain and repair, gets good milage safe. All around a responsible adult vehicle.

>and yes
I'm also the user that like to drink while I listen to audiobooks.

not really... compare 60s mopars vs 60s chevrolet and ford... sure there are some crazy ones here and there that people talk about...
but 90% of the cars on the road were pretty much the same shape as the rest of them

Nothing special , nice looking , reliable , would be confident in giving a sexy lady i didn't know a ride and not be embarrassed.

Only get an accord if you are getting a v6.
An i4 accord is useless when the i4 civic exists that gets better mpg, is cheaper, and is faster.
And I wouldn't get a v6 accord without getting the 6 speed.
The cvt is horrid, always feels like a slipping clutch is powering your car.
If you want an auto v6 go mazda 6.

Good luck getting skin cancer in your Toyota user. A Lexus has UV treated glass all round, better brakes, usually better engines (though some are shared with Toyota), better suspension setups, better weight distribution by using lighter materials like aluminum in hood and trunk panels. They're generally better engineered, have more safety equipment, and are faster and drive better. You should get out more.

Oh shit. I remember your threads kek

>implying buick is a good brand
a used buick regal gs, like a 2014, is actually a good bargain for us old fags who need a 2nd family car. like the ad says: "not your fathers buick" it is actually an opel or vauxhall in the rest of the world.

Fucking loaded with everything, poor mans A4..
259 HP, AWD,bought it used, less than 28000 miles, paid $14K for it cuz it was nearly 3 years old (lease turn in).

My daughters college car. They wanted $25K for a Honda Civic EX-L, I said fuck that.

Pic related

Well i ain't talking about mopars. Your point is bullshit look at a 60s bmw and compare it to a 60s chevy and its night and day. Completely different dimensions and a completely different approach of car design. These days if you see a car and it has the same shape as other cars from halfway the world. The industry is very tightly regulated and brands like to be global so all cars look the same.

If nothing else it's not as boring looking as a toyota camry. Lacks behind the newer Civics in looks though, those new civics look futuristic.

Thats a good car if you don't like cars and/or enjoy driving.

a 60s bmw looks pretty much the same as a 60s chev... well just as much as a modern bmw looks like a modern chev

A Saab cut me off once and hit the front right corner of the bumper on my truck and i got a few scratches while he got a side panel almost totally detached, if that says anything about Saab outer body engineering.

Loool thats such bullshit when a 60s bmw is like half the size. Your not a car guy shut up.

The new civics look pretty nice though they're much sportier than they used to be.

your just one of those OMG OMG OMG old cars are better then new cars... but youve never owned nor driven an old car.
new cars are more reliable, faster, safer,and are way more stable at speed

ffs most cars made in the 60s drive like the suspension is made of jello

awww he's retarded

>college daughter

safe to say she isnt interested in cars or driving

No shit. Old cars are way more fun to drive even at low speed. The shitty handling that you have to correct for is a big part of the fun. Most fun car i ever driven was a Citroën 2Cv. Modern cars are boring. Except for some sports and performance cars.

not really... if anything the chevy II was smaller then most bmws...

not every 60s car was a massive muscle car... most of em were small straight 6 piss pots

for daughter. college. safe, not too flashy nor expensive. cant believe she didnt like my original ideas for her: VW GTi. her loss. she wanted a Prius or a Civic Ex-L. I said fuck those cars (to myself), and I knew that american cars depreciate like crazy, worth like 50% of new price after 3 years or so..

and you are crazy if you think the new Buick Regal GS is a shitty car, its really not an american car, its a fucking Opel, rebranded for USA, not the best, not the worst, but you would be surpised at the reviews, google 2014 buick regal GS if you want a good cheap car that is not a fucking kia or whatever at the same price

no

Isn't it kinda pointless having a job and a family and all that shit when you can't even have a nice cool car to yourself? People work so hard to have boring ass family lives that restrict what they can buy and do. Completely unrelated i know..

Loaded Accord Touring is better than any ILX and lower.

>fulfilling and happy life ruined because you cant have a nice car

?

Your talking out your ass European and Japanese cars were way smaller back then. European Fords were half the size of the ones in sale in America.

Unpopular opinion:
I like pickup trucks a lot better than i do cars.
Not really big ones, not compensator sized pickups. But I like the feeling of being above everyone, being able to see everything, and the vibrations of the engine in the steering wheel and the floor. It might not ever be able to race, but I'd take my truck over a new sports car any day.

I wouldn't be happy if i had a 9 to 5 and a wife and kids. I'd be sucidial. Maybe normies actually want that idk, but i really doubt they do. But i wouldn't know.

but a lifted truck gives you a better cleavage vantage point

have you ever been loved before? its a pretty nice feeling

Pickup trucks seem cool. Don't get them here in europe, I'd like to drive one.

are you scared to drive close to the ground or something? pickup trucks are horrible and you look like a faggot if you never tow shit

my ride

... and it still hasnt changed... japan is full of kei cars... and europe is full of small compact cars.. while north america is dominated by suvs and pickup trucks

european fords are still half the size of american fords... america. f150... europe.. fiesta

I wouldn't work my ass off doing a 9 to 5. Never mind your feely american bullshit. I personally can't understand why people would be a 9 to 5 dude with kids and crap like that, don't you get t bored?

I had a very good experience with Honda, they are reliable and well built. The one in the picture is a nice model and sports an interesting design, with very cool interiors. If I were you i'd get it.

25-35 y/o male, decent job, not horrible with money. Average human

Nigga pls. A European "Sedan" from back then was half the size of a American "Sedan". Now they are the same size. Like idk why people do this. You have a dumb point but you keep defending it because you came up with it. Time2stop.

Boring but respectable

nope. you just have to find a girl and a job you love. not every job is sitting in front of a computer in a cubicle from 9-5

pls post your car buddy

If you've ever seen a really big dude driving a sports car, you'll understand my preference anyway. Big muscular dudes hunched in their little sports car are ridiculous looking. Plus if I get into a wreck on the highway at 85 mph with a little car, out of the two of us I'm a lot more likely to make it out alive.

>not buying a slightly older luxury vehicle

Enjoy your plastic bullshit cockpit and no leather.

Do you ever get bored? Answer honestly, your on an Anonymous images board. Do you ever feel bored with your life at times?

just got it a few weeks ago, havent done anything to it yet so this is the only pic i have

They can be nice to drive if you aren't looking to be racing people. Mine maxes at 100 MPH/160 KPH but riding high gives you a good vantage point and nothing quite feels the same as a truck engine humming to life when you start it up.

lol oops

Kek. I agree and who the fuck looks at any accord and says "what a cool car!" Unless you're 60 and dumb as fuck.

go to europe and see what cars are actually being driven there

compare them to what is being driven in amerca...

not even close to being the same size

Are they fun in the sense that you have to pay attention, because it's easy to lose control if you don't. I like cars that feel like they might kill you if you fuck up.

I have a modicum of respect if is a v6. I mean, you got a boring car, but most cars are boring, at least you got the quick one. The new ones look nice, but it's still an accord.

Cheap Respect = e30 325, early 90s Audi coupe quattro, international scout, 1984 land cruiser in perfect condition, etc. There are a shit ton of cars that earn the respect of car guys that aren't expensive.

I live in europe ya moron. The cars they make here are the same size as their american counterparts.

Is it really 259 HP and awd? Shit, my subaru legacy GT is 250, and they don't make them anymore.

I call bull fucking shit. I spent my last summer in Europe, specifically in England, Germany, Italy, and Ireland. Most common passenger vehicles were tiny as fuck.

yeah of the same model... go to america, 3/5 vehicles on the road are 4x4 pickup trucks and suvs

My uncle has a Porsche 356 1600 that's fun as hell. It's like 90 HP, but it weighs less than a big shit.

That is not an unpopular opinion. Its actually the opposite. I work for Ford/Lincoln and people like you keep the lights on. So thanks, I guess.

Probably older cars my point is that older European cars were very small compared to modern ones. And that European cars are now a similar size to american ones.
Nigga look at a bwm suv compare it to a chevy suv. Shit is the same size. The escalade is maybe a rare exception that shit is ridiculous.

European SUV sales are growing quite rapidly at the moment. We at Ford NA are getting in on that right now.

looks like a benz with a honda badge. All cars look the same now.

Yup, the most recent Buick Regal GS is like the stealth cheap car, was supposed to compete against the 3 series and the A4. Of course it cant. but that was its target.

so us old gearheads talk about this car when the conversation turns to "good cheap cars of recent vintage, cheap becauase they are not popular". and fuck if it is not true!

daughter lives with her mom, ~6 miles from UNI, and I had to provide affordable car that I could pay cash, and that wouldnt be ghetto (looks better than pic in real life), and Mom could still use. They sell this car with a manual transmission too, but I had to think of the girls viewpoint.

In the rest of the world, Europe and Canada and Austrailia, its the top of the line small Opel sports sedan. In the UK its a Vauxhall. Not too flashy, but definitely not an "American" car, just a rebranded car sold under the Buick name, becuase GM is the parent company internationally, and this is their "world car".

I would not be too embarrassed to drive this (i drive and Audi TT), it actually handles and accelerates like the A4 I test drove, ftw.

I have no idea about the new 2016/17 Accord, but I'm planning to buy the 8th generation facelift soon. The 2.0 iVTEC engine. It's their best consumer model yet. The civic is a car for kids who wanna feel the speed without fucking up engines.

The others like audi and bmw here, it's just a waste of money.

yeah europe is full of land yachts...

meanwhile you can get smart cars and fiat 500s in america.. so all americans drive sub compact cars

No matter how shit your car is, it's not as shit as a pickup or suv. just remember that and you'll be fine.

Can i randomly guess you live in like small town ohio or someshit?

nope, canadian

Fiat 500 is a shit car...