reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer/AvgMileage
newrepublic.com/minutes/133566/donald-trump-doesnt-read-books
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BTFO

american cars are truly shit

American engineering is a joke for most of the transportation industry

I'd rather live.

Who the fuck writes these news titles? how the fuck can a giant piece of land speak? I call bullshit, no way that huge piece of clay just grew a mouth and told Trump to build better cars

go on /o/ and tell them american cars suck for a giggle

>the american president is a vacuum-cleaner salesman

you got that american dream going alright

Their trucks are breddy gud, albeit ill-suited for our own market.

You can precisely tell American hours on /o/ by how frequently American cars and car-centric city planning in general are defended.

Sadly I agree, and I'm a proud Ford Mustang owner. And while I love my car, I wish we had actually made better cars instead of doing the whole "Buy Amercian" thing, because it's ironically un-American.

My mom used to tell me about her first car, a Chevy, where everything broke down. The last straw was when the radio broke, something that was (at least, should have been) very mature technology.

I had a similar experience: the cloth/vinyl cover on the seats started to droop and then just fell off. You can now see the foam inside the door, and it sucks because it's $200 per door. And I tried fixing it myself, I cannot get it to look decent for complicated reasons. In any event, I shouldn't have to do it or pay someone to do it; Ford shouldn't have used cheap foam in the doors that the cover wouldn't adhere to. At this point IDK if I'd buy a Ford again

TL;DR we should make better cars, and "buy American" may keep jobs in the US (debatable) but it sure as shit doesn't lead to better cars. But we shouldn't have to choose between wanting to support our industry and people, and getting an excellent car.

So sorry, should be
I had a similar experience: the cloth/vinyl cover on the DOORS started to droop

I'd rather die than drive German.

This, Ford is king of big rigs

>t. CDL driver

>Trump Wants More American Cars in Japan. Japan’s Drivers Don’t.
>“Mr. Trump is interesting,” “but what he says about cars is just weird.”

nytimes.com/2017/02/09/business/trump-japan-american-cars.html?_r=0

Luckily we all have freedom of choice. You to a lesser degree than us, but still. I'm about to switch from Japanese to Japanese. Swedish was a contender, but didn't make the cut.

>trump tells germany
>germany tells trump
That is meme news on its worse form

>american cars

Even japanese WW2 suicide-bomber planes seem safer than american self-propelled death capsules.

But Ford haven't made big rigs since the '90s. Either way Western Star and Kenworth make the best trucks in North America. Why? Because loggers, heavy haulers and Aussies use them, and those three groups can't err synchronously.

I can't even disagree. American cars are shit. Everyone fucking knows this.

with all due respect, but no

(Joke, I don't have money even on used lanos)

The only country that still drives American is fucking Cuba.

> still drives American
True american*

Good post leaf.

is this really a thing?

lmao

I've driven German,Italian,French,American,Japanese and Soviet cars.

German cars are ok but rust pretty fast here.
Italian cars are ok.
French cars have their ups and downs.
American cars are garbage and it is mostly gypsies and poor people who buy them second hand.
Japanese cars are ok.
Soviet cars have their ups and downs.

OH SHIT

Please buy volvo

The US car industry should tap their advantage, rather than compete directly with Volkswagen.
For example, reasonable bullet/blast-proof trailer houses against terrorism for European market.

Yeah, the ignition locks broke when the key attachments were too heavy because GM were too greedy to build better ones, and the cars then shut off, and apparently Americans don't need to know that braking makes a car stop in an emergency situation in order to get their drivers license, so instead they panic, crash into things and die.

Like when they brought a class action lawsuit against Toyota for stuck gas pedals, and during the trials it turned out one by one that most people simply confused the brake pedal and gas pedal in a panic situation, or got floormats or flip flops wedged around their pedals.

I like lincolns desu

d-g bless.

tfw your car industry is dead

Old news is old.

how will murrica ever recover?

This is what happens when they make their driving test such a joke.

Here's something current

Underrated post

tfw I'm too poor to afford and keep owning a car

But they'll starve if they can't drive to the shop because their planning has made it so that where they live is ten miles away from where they buy is twenty miles away from where they work is twenty miles away from where they live. Fifty miles round trip every day.

what the fugg
>mfw 2 star NCAP in current year
>mfw no face because ded in fireball

>market liberal economy
>good cars

I'd chose American luxury over German any day

Its pretty fucked, I cannot imagine driving more than 30 minutes a day for work.

>American """"""""""""""""luxury""""""""""""""
>Biggur
>Fater
>Hur durr muh luxury

>italian """cars"""

no economic system could fix your cars.

>sized like an S-Class
>priced like an E-Class
>quality like a C-Class

have fun, grandma

Quality is of an E class

Real leather and wood

>be an upper middle class murkan
>buy an ugly ass lexus instead of a german luxury car

why though

ours are perfectly fine lady city cars

>Lexus

Beautiful. I'm proud of my Germano-Slavic brothers. Why are HRE leftovers so good at building beautiful cars/things.

maybe your entertainment industry is tricking me but everytime a modern luxury car shows up it's a lexus

WE

>buy a used ugly ass Lexus
>works as reliably as a Toyota, repair bills as cheap as Toyota

>buy a used German luxury car
>little things constantly break
>okay here's your 500€ bill for replacing a broken electric window switch

German luxury cars are good exactly until the end of the warranty, at which point they become too expensive to fix, and until the end of the warranty they're too expensive to buy.

isnt that a chinese-swedish brand?

Rekt

>was going to buy F-150 Raptor on the grey market because it looked badass
>see this thread

Welp.

>German cars don't have 30 way seats

I bet it feels cheap as fuck.

tesla or gtfo.

Generally i agree but
>pic
MATE

stop posting classics
this is hurts

YFW all of the best Japanese cars are built in America, and all of the worst American cars are built in Mexico or Canada.

Buy a Dacia, whole pig fits inside the trunk guaranteed!

They're poser trucks and absolutely fucking useless for anything other than driving down dirt roads. In mud they constantly get stuck, and thanks to the spongy dirt road suspension they have a laughable cargo rating. Get a Toyota Tacoma TRD if anything. Much cheaper and does basically the same things.

What the fug. I'd expect that from chink_tier shit.

Actually since you're not in the United States of Import Cucks you should just buy a fucking Hilux.

H I L U X

>Hilux
They are ISIS approved, at least the older ones.

Don't worry you have high speed subs and trains.

American cars are actually more reliable than European.

The shit talk is memes based on comparing them to the reliability of Japanese cars and the extreme opulence and catering to the rich.

American cars ARE NOT shit, they just happen to fall in the middle of the two. Europeans notoriously hate American cars even after the memes have stopped being true from the 80's.

>tfw love shitboats despite how terrible they are in objective performance
They have a character that nothing else can deliver. Also, most American v8s and the transmissions they were mated to were actually pretty solid; the things that usually go to shit with American cars are trim pieces and electronics that aren't vital to it actually running and driving

How the fuck did this lifeform even insert itself in this vehicle?

>driving a manual
fake news, shes probably german

>"Buy American cars!"
>Says Trump after General Motors sold Opel to PSA Peugeot

Then stop hiring fat rednecks to hammer cheap nails into chinesium parts that break after 4 years, cletus the UAW member

Germans don't name their children "Zsalynn"
She'd be named Melike or Ayselgül here.

Better than any Russian car.

with the way things currently are in germany i rather drive this one

youtube.com/watch?v=IokD5-mFfd0

Thats who makes Japanese cars though.

>tacticool shit

yeah, dont forget to tape a lamp on your swiss army knife so you can fight the zog properly.

Step aside im taking over this thread with real cars

>Will run for ever
>Something broke? No worries literally a child can fix it
>Cheap
>it's also safe as shit and will probably kill that poor family in the other car because it's built like a tank

The only reliable thing on American cars is the drivetrain. Everything else will rattle and fail and fall apart while it runs for 300,000 miles on oil changes. The more electronic engine control became, the more this also affected engines however. Nowadays Chrysler and Jeep are still found towards the bottom of reliability rankings, and Ford and GM are still only in the middle field.

reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer

>26. Volkswagen
>29. BMW
>31. Mercedes-Benz
>36. Porsche

You've bottomed out these lists for decades now. You're cars are garbage.

Yaris is great

your*

does the job and cheap af

>cost of repairs taken into account
Stats disregarded, of course cheap shitbox brands like Daihatsu are going to win. Anyone who buys a premium brand will be aware of premium maintenance bills, and you'd be retarded if you weren't. Once you change the category the results will look hugely different. For example Germans are among the highest mileage brands in the statistics because they're used as highway eating company cars a lot.

What the fuck?

>Germans are among the highest mileage brands

reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer/AvgMileage

>25. Mercedes-Benz
>33. Volkswagen
>35. BMW

You're so full of shit

It goes upwards, you cunt. You can read the average mileage on the right.

You realize in that chart the higher numbers have more average miles?

>1. MG 29,370
>38. Landrover 70,384

the pick up market is pretty interesting even for us non-americans
nissan navara, isuzy d-max, ford ranger, vw amarok, mitsubishi l200..

Reading is profoundly unamerican
newrepublic.com/minutes/133566/donald-trump-doesnt-read-books

It's okay. I have no use for one though. A trailer gets you pretty far in Europe for occasional large or heavy loads, and in a more economical fashion. Bigger vehicles only pay off in regular service or for even heavier loads which require a different license bracket anyway.

Also you can just import an American truck if you're unhappy with our official selection. A co-worker of mine drives a Ram SRT-10 for no apparent reason.

might get a pickup because I have a few outdoor hobbies, and most SUVs on the market have low ground clearance

so in reality germans just have a good brand name