Sleep paralysis thread. Suffering since 2008. Who else has seen some crazy shit?

Sleep paralysis thread. Suffering since 2008. Who else has seen some crazy shit?

I suffered one a month ago. I was full of fear and started hearing familiar voices. The worst of all is when I started to see allucinations. I was staring at the roof, and later I recognize I was in a dream paralysis. This is when it got worst. Suddenly I saw a ghostly face moving fast towards me and felt it was moving me around, and later I could move again, but not sleeping again without fear of happening again.

Sleep paralysis is the first step to lucid dreaming. If you can get to the point where you realize you're dreaming, you can control it.

I can't control it that well I start getting negative thoughts. But I can snap out of it pretty easy now.

I read somewhere some long time ago that you can induce sleep paralysis by resisting the urges to roll over, scratch an itch and generally move while trying to sleep. Apparently these are tests sent out by your brain to check if you are asleep or something. True?

no it's not. Unrelated shit.

Sleep paralysis sucks fucking balls. It's usually as bad as the worst nightmares you've had.

OP confirm? It's happened to me about 20-40 times in my life.

Most times it was neutral experience. But probably 5-7 times it was terrifying.

My point is, it's definitely not very related to lucid dreaming.

i was strangled when i was 6 in my room it traumatized me so bad that i had to have a night light for 5 years and i had a bed filled with teddies

if you want i could give you the full story if your interested

I get it some nights. Sounds like wind rushing and footsteps. Then the sensation of people touching me our sitting on my bed.

And there are entities that people encounter during sleep paralysis, "the shadow men."

These are pretty prototypical and people who have problems with sleep paralysis will tell you how these guys seem to emanate pure, primal fear into you. Purest terror can be felt in these encounters.

>Suddenly I saw a ghostly face moving fast towards me and felt it was moving me around

fucking this

no shit had the same sort of experience about a week ago shit was weird. felt like some figure was hugging me or some shit and im sure it had 2 slits for eyes. it was sitting on the side of my bed

kinda like pic related

>It's usually as bad as the worst nightmares you've had.
Fuck yeah it is. The few times it's happened to me were when I was super tired but something was on my mind keeping restless. When I'd finally lose consciousness is suddenly wake up with like empty lungs and unshakeable horror. Terrifying visceral horror. Trying to scream but nothing happening. Then almost as quickly as it started it stops.

If you read some cool stuff about shadow men. The book John Dies at the End is a pretty good read. They have the power to erase and reset time and memories.

>felt like some figure was hugging me or some shit

also think i may have been snoring (sleep apnoea) so it may be a deprivation of oxygen to the brain causing weird shit to happen, but w/e the fuck it was i think i saw felt kinda sadistic and evil

Not quite sleep paralysis ,but I sleep walk or in other words :run and scream. I always fucking wake up feeling the worst thing had fucking happened ,and I never remember. Anyone with similar experience?

Had a couple run-ins with it. Very terryifimg but always neutral. Never saw shit, never heard anything, that is until my most recent time when I felt something give 4 hard tugs on my shoulder. It pulled on the collar of my shirt while in the trance. I tried to debunk it as someone trying to wake me up but I disengaged from if ar
4:30am and my bed is against the wall, and my back was turned to the wall.

If you need any background info, I suffered from severe sleep apnea as a kid. I stopped breathing in my sleep and had to wear a machine monitor until the age of 4. I grew out of the habit but it's the reason for my sleeping tendencies now.

I didnt come here to feel.

I just got hit by it when I was sleeping during a road trip earlier today. I was passed out in the back seat, when I woke up to pure horror. My eyes were closed, I couldn't move, and things were whispering and licking my face. I was fucking terrified for the nearly 20 minutes it lasted, judging by my bros and how they played Stairway to Heaven twice in that time.

I've never experienced sleep paralysis but I frequently have weird dreams and turn out to be really bad nightmares and I wake up with goosebumps. Then after waking up if I think about the dream and what was scary about it I get goosebumps again. After a while though the memories of the dream fade

Yeah I have sleep paralysis too. Also have schizophrenia symptoms and they all kinda blend. I've had maybe 20 or so incidences of sleep paralysis in the past 5 years.

Last one was really weird. Don't wanna talk about it.

It usually only happens when I wake up, or in the middle of sleep, i'll wake up.

>I've never experienced sleep paralysis

then get the fuck out, what the fuck did you think we would be interested in bad dreams?

Can confirm. I've done it twice. You gotta stay still for a very long while, though

Well, about twice, when I wake up from a nap or deep sleep suddenly sometimes, ill get like stuck, in the same thought or sentence or picture in my head like stuck on repeat, it's kinda freaky, but I can walk around

I saw one, once. It was of the 'hooded' type. Although I wasn't paralyzed at the moment. I simply woke up in the middle of the bed, sat up, looked at the door and there it was, just standing there looking at me. I couldn't see it's eyes, face or any other aspect, but I just KNEW it was staring right at me

I've experience this multiple times. Many times, I can hear someone come into the room and by the time i realize what's about to happen, it's too late. I'm paralyzed, can't move one bit and the shadow man suffocates me to where it's difficult to breathe. I can hear voices sometimes, other times, I hear laughter. The only way I can get it off is to pray to God. When I'm done with my prayer and day amen, the shadow man's pressure and presence is completely gone. It's a scary feeling and I've learn to fight against it. When people say that this is simply sleep deprivation or just sleep paralysis, they are wrong! When you hear, see and feel the shadow man, you know it's not just paralysis. Sleep well, my friends!

This happens to me and I get pissed because I can't wake up and start punching shit. It happens when I try to sleep with the laptop on next to me.

only recall it once, it was during a very stressful period of my life
>half asleep
>home alone
>felt presence in my room
>thought it was my dog, why the fuck is my dog in my room? weird.
>felt anger
>it wasn't my dog
>felt like it wanted to slit my throat
>panic
>keep eyes closed, it will go away
>the terror i feel increases proportionally as i feel its rage grow
>feel blackness on my head and throat
>open eyes
>nothing there
>rush out of the house
one of the most terrifying experience of my life

also had dreams of a demon in my house so i felt double freaked out

Used to have really terrifying sleep paralysis. Consisted of the usual dark figure approaching you and general feelings of terror every time you realized what was happening.
Stopped happening for a few years when I started smoking weed.
Recently quit, had an episode, but it wasn't terrifying at all. Felt a lot like I was tripping on acid except I had way more control over it.
Dope/10

Leave it to the chinks to break into your house in ninja attire.

Never had sleep paralysis but I do see figures in my room all the time sometimes like tonight it scared the shit out of me other times it doesn't affect me at all and I can ignore the person walking around in my room

I've experienced sleep paralysis about 20-30 times in my life or more. Not for a while though luckily.
Mine is a bit different though.
Never experienced, saw, heard or felt any entinty or being. I simply wake up, completely unable to move or open my eyes. Since it happened so many times I am fully aware what is happenning however what I feel is pure sheer terror.
I feel if for some reason I fall back to sleep I am going to die, this is one of the most instinctive fears I ever felt.
Usually I can only move the tip of one of my fingers or toes if I try really really hard, which I always try because of the fear of dying if I fall back asleep.
I start moving the tip of a finger or a toe and if I do it for a while, I will be able to move a finger, if I keep on going I am eventually able to move my hand or feet and if I keep on going I eventually wake up at the point where I am able to move limbs. However if during this process I stop moving for even 1 second I have to start all over. Even if I am able to move my hand but stop for a second, I have to start over from the tip of the finger. I really fucking hate all this and can't understand why anyone would want this voluntarily.

had it once and got super pissed so once i could move i started fapping furiously and i haven't had it since

This, happened to me only once but it's exactly what happened.

had it i think a few years ago
it happened 2-3 times in quick succession and i havent had it since
too lazy to greentext but heres what happened
i recall waking up and not being able to move
confused at first but soon realize what was happening
keep telling myself its sleep paralysis and its not real
it doesnt help, and i start to feel a presence stand over me and watch me
try to scream but i cant open my mouth
i opened my eyses but i was turned against the wall so i luckily didnt see any illusions
try to move but i cant, panic kicks in
suddenly i snap out of it and its over

>I started fapping furiously once. >Cummed.
>Passed out,
>woke up,
>cum on my belly was cold.
>Couldn't move.
>Fucking terrifying.

When I experienced sleep paralysis I saw a white alien slenderman like figure looking over me while I slept. Shit fucking sucked. It was basically trying to scoop me out of bed then it split into two of them then I freaked out so hard I forced myself awake by lifting my arm and turning my neck at the same time. It worked and I jumped out of bed so fast and grabbed my knife. It's funny now but it sucked when it happened.
>inb4 S U C C

For me every single time it happened was like this. No being or anything but that would probably make it even worse although I don't know how this fear I feel then could be even worse.

Some people say saying jesus or thinking about him helps. I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had sleep paralysis several times. Never saw any freaky shit. In fact, never really saw anything except my room. Once I felt presence behind my back and felt little bit uncomfortable after which followed feeling of suffocation but I woke up soon after it started.
My guess is that shit isn't scary most of the time as long as you don't initiate it yourself.

I had one 2 days ago. I've had some earlier, but not for a while though. I felt like I cannot breathe and I wanted to move, but it felt like my limbs were being pulled downwards with ropes. I figured out over the years, that even though it's hard and sometimes painful to do, but you must try to move an arm or a leg for two reasons.
1: It feels pretty funny as you try to move it.
2: It helps you snap out of it.

>be me 21
>in the Army
>got back from military ball with my gf
>sneek her into the barracks
>we fuck and go to sleep
>always had trouble sleeping
>usually drift in and out of sleep
>sometimes have dreams while half asleep
>feel awake af
>see a white glowing door on my wall
>think to myself about whats in there
>suddenly the door is gone
>as an affect of the room darkening I see black spots
>i blink repeatedly to get rid of them but as I do they take shape and get closet
>as it nears I feel shivers up my spine and I'm stricken with a fear I've never felt
>there's a black silhouette shaped like a person standing above me now.
>i try to warn my gf to run but the fear is so strong I cant. I feel like if I move or speak I'll die a horrible death
>suddenly He vanishes and Im able to move and yell for my gf to run
>shes already awake
>told me i was mubbling really loud so she woke me up
>didn't even notice the transition from being woken up
>tell her what happened
>i didn't go back to sleep

Had sleep paralysis. Later that same night had an out of body experience while paralyzed. Crazy shit, man.

Only happened once but I'm scared it will again. Also, looking at pictures of the shadow person terrifies me.

It happens me like twice per week since October of the last year

the trick to snapping out of it is rapidly breathing in and out. you'll wake up.

female demon , eyeless with a fuckload 5cm long teeth screaming at me and holding me by neck , i got attacked by her few times then ive asked her (during attack) "I WONDER IF YOUR CUNT IS HAIRY !!!???" , she never came back again

A few years ago I had a series of about 4 crazy sleep paralysis nightmares. They were the scariest experiences I've had. The worst was waking up unable to move and seeing 2 shadow figures standing in my closet staring at me for what seemed like an hour. The 4th time I realized I was dreaming, and voluntarily chased whatever the fuck was in my room away. I maybe had another 3 lucid dreams after that. Would wake up in bed, start floating, and just make things disappear in my room for fun. I usually would wake up pretty quick though, unfortunately. Since then I've had none, it's probably because I smoke too much weed.

Had something similar to this a couple months ago. Had black figures floating above me, couldn't move. Think I went back to sleep. Woke up and thought I had a seizure in my sleep. I felt like I died in my sleep or that I was still dreaming. Shit was weird.

but you know what , everyone sees very similar demons , why the fuck theyre so similar ? im worried they might be actually real

i mean theyre not visions but actually some evil dickheads attacking minds

When I was a kid I used to have dreams where I would lay in bed, and shadow people would peek their heads out of the closet staring at me. Sometimes the wall would turn into a giant face. I wasn't scared tho and realized I was dreaming. I wonder if this was lucid dreaming

You dumb shits. "Evil dickheads" got runner things to do.
Literally its the same effect of a sleeping limb except it's along your spine... Oh yeahhh buddeeoh pal. Gtfo here with you omg lucid n shit. You wanna go lucid, quantum physics el start you off..

only one in my life

i was a kid and there were a couple of puppets leering at me from behind a table

I remember I was doing everything possible to scream and couldnt make a single fucking noise

the fucking puppets were vibrating like crazy but didnt make any noise