>"I like the beat"

>I listen to a bit of everything, except country

>"That zither is a semitone flat"

>This is fun

>Yeah, I've heard some of their stuff.

>"This is good"

>"This is deep, there's a lot of meaning in it."

>Let's have sex

>"Meh, music is a little entry level for me- at this point i've been into post- auditory vibrations"

oh my god this
>these lyrics are so deep/emotional/good xD
>it's Sia/Adele or something like that

>they must have been on so many drugs when they wrote this

that's not a normie thing to say at all

using the term
>the drop
in every single genre of music

>How do you dance to this?

i've never heard anyone use the term "drop" in anything except dubstep do you have an example?

"you actually like this?"

>This is just noise

>Drake is my favorite (c)rapper

>Oh I love classical/jazz!
>Search for "best jazz/classical songs" on youtube

>Post-avant jazzcore is better than progressive dreamfunk

>ever heard of melanie martinez? she's pretty underground

ITT: Shit normies say about music

I heard someone refer to the chorus of Paint it black as the drop

Pleb: classical is boring
Contrarian: classical is great
Patrician: classical is boring

>when do the vocals start ?
there are no vocals it's instrumental
>wow that's boring

t. pleb

/thread

All you mu losers are so annoying kek if someone says they listen to everything when you ask them what they listen to, they're most likely not lying you tool, that's why they can't narrow it down, being mu is vaginally being a basement dweller and proud of it

Basically* not vaginally

Also
>classical is so relaxing

A lot of classical is boring as fuck. Even the most popular and well respected composers rely upon boring, uninspired tropes and overly complicated theory to make their music.
I don't mean to say that classical is generally worse than any other kind of music, but apart from the more experimental contemporary composers, classical is stagnant and too often relegated to bland movie soundtracks. Same could be said about rock, pop and hip-hop, there's 0 experimentation outside of artists not in the mainstream

>I don't really listen to/like music

This gets me infuriated. The fucks who say this aren't even normies they're guaranteed to be some weeb hikiNEETs. I hope they realize even the lowest of all philistine have appreciation for the greatest art form humanity ever produced.

>listens to Rite of Spring

I think theory is just there to make things more convenient. If they follow it step by step with none of their personal influences of course it'll sound boring.

>normies listening to classical music as background music
This triggers me everytime

Next time you listen to classical just relax before hand and dump all your preconceived notions of what it is, immerse your self in the literary sonics. Watch the story unfold. Listen to a Debussy compilation, he's the GOAT

I think my issue is that I prefer music that is harsh or uncomfortable (I don't consider the two to be mutually exclusive). While there's more contemporary stuff that fits that mold, I just don't think that the sonic palette offered by only strings, horns and a bit of percussion can deliver that feeling. It's better off when done by minimal guitar work, cold synths and strange vocals. Maybe I just need to stop listening to post punk...

just listen to some shostakovich or bartok

>wheres the drop?

Ah there it is, yea it's just familiarizing with new sound, you have to just stew in the music and genuinely want to find whats good about it

>i'm tonedeaf i can't differentiate notes
>proceeds to hum out melody with notes mostly correct relative to each other

>A lot of classical is boring as fuck. Even the most popular and well respected composers rely upon boring, uninspired tropes and overly complicated theory to make their music.
Are you actually serious with this?

>electronic music isn't real it's just pressing buttons

And please don't follow this up with the classic "music theory limits my creativity".

Have you heard of serialism or musique concrete? If you want uncompromising classical music, listen to pieces containing those elements.

>but apart from the more experimental contemporary composers, classical is stagnant and too often relegated to bland movie soundtracks
I used to think that when I didn't get the genre
don't worry user, you will enventually one day

>Yeah i listen to electronic music
>Aphex Twin, BoC, Autechre, Squarepusher, Daft Punk, Jon Hopkins, Burial, the list could go on

thinking entry-level = bad is kind of the mark of a pleb too t b h. at least a contraripleb

I didn't say they were bad, but if you say you listen to "electronic music" and these are the artists you spout out like a true autist you need to neck yourself

>I have a pretty unique music taste
>*name a few popular top 40 bands*

same goes for
>I have a pretty unique music taste
>*name a few popular Sup Forumscore and rymcore bands*

yes it is. who cares if it's out of tune. just play you faggot

"I didn't understand Missteps III"

" all you listen to is screaming music"

>if you say you like electronic music and then list electronic music artists, you need to neck yourself
?

>yeah i listen to rock!
>pink floyd, acdc, queen, metallica, led zeppelin
exactly the same thing
while your not "wrong" on what you listen to, no-one wants to hold a discussion about music with you

Absolutely nothing wrong with this list of artists, they all released great albums and some of them even revolutionized electronic music.
Just because an artist is famous doesn't mean he's bad.

Never said they were bad you autists
learn to read

>vocals are important

Theory is fine, but there is beauty in simplicity. I had a "friend" in high school (bit of a dick, besides the point) who was into classical and was constantly telling me that there was so much going on that I "couldn't ever understand it". The irony of this is that I was almost exclusively listening to Autechre at the time, which is super layered and dense music (as an aside, this same kid told me he could make Gantz Graf in 4 hours). Maybe this experience put me off of classical and theory, but I still love playing sax in a wind band, so maybe it'd benefit me to actually forget theory entirely.
I haven't dug too deep into that stuff although I'm interested in plunderphonics which I believe grew out of musique concrete right? Any recs?

>Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper ever

It's kinda sad how you guys here have managed to turn music into a measure of superiority. Sure most people dont have the desire to get lost in a beautiful bebussy piece, but saying they are somehow lesser is just fucking cringe

they aren't necessarily lesser as people just lesser in their musical prowess

> can you play something more recent
> why would you listen to korean/japanese music, you can't even understand the lyrics
> is this bob marley?
> wow look at my new 220$ yeezy's...what do you mean "you miss the old kanye"?
> if the m/v is bad, the song is bad too
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>"I like everything but rap and country."

>cringe
You're part of the problem, lesser memer

Stop this meme, country music is shit

well, rap music is garbage too

Get a load of this guy

>is this bob marley

every reggae or dub song ever

when someone asks me what I like I say "I like a little bit of everything"
>I pretend that Angels Of Light and Sun Kil Moon is country

I've heard people say that there's a drop in In the Flowers off of MPP, right after the IF I COULD JUST LEAVE MY BODY FOR THE NIGHT

you do realize the term "drop" has been in use far before dubstep became a thing right?

>i like everything besides rap and country
>ask them if they like depressive funeral doom

>they respond "why, yes i really like Thergothon and Mournful Congregation"

>Why do you listen music of old people?Lol

Only drones that can’t think for themselvs would hav shit taste in music. Music is a cultural thing and some cultures are just better than others.

"No but I was really stoked with Acid King and Goatsnake came out of hiatus. BaB sounds like they released it the day after FoD"

escape while you still can

>who cares if it's out of tune
People with musical talent?

>Bach, Gesualdo, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Corelli, Monteverdi, Ockeghem etc.
>boring as fuck
Kill yourself

lol vagina

>Radiohead? You mean Creep? I love Creep!
*Tries to have them listen to OK Computer*
>Let's just listen to the radio this is weird

No wonder Thom hates Creep, all the fucking normies love it.

Wow, do you *only* listen to old stuff?

>only strings, horns and a bit of percussion

that's all you think there is in the entire history of classical?

retard, classical uses literally every instrument that has ever existed, I don't know how people like you even exist, who can be so ignorant of such basic shit about a massive and diverse genre of music.

like what the fuck, you never went on google or youtube and typed "classical with synths" or "classical guitar" or anything? really?

>the greatest art form humanity ever produced.

but we're not talking about literature...

>some of them even revolutionized electronic music

look buddy I like those artists but that is not true in the least

>literature
everything literature does is done better by either philosophy, poetry or movies

>when does the music start

excuse me
youtube.com/watch?v=u_NfJRLT8NY

bahahahhahaahaahahh imagine actually believing this

YEE HAW LETS GITTIM HAMBUREGS

then what makes literature so great then if it's not for it's use of language, it's themes or it's story?

>i don't like soulja boy
anyone who doesn't like soulja boy should be exterminated

fuck off, it is o b j e c t i v e l y better

Zan With That Lean is his only good song.

>why would you listen to Korean music
Why would you though

t. Christgau

townes van zandt

> wow look at my new 220$ yeezy's...what do you mean "you miss the old kanye"?
But user, all the normies I've ever talked to have said this to me. They only go to his concerts for an instagram video of golddigger and that's off his second album for chrissakes, They hate new Kanye and only know about him bc of the media shit.

Fucked this up.

Meant to say all the normies have said "I miss the old Kanye"

>language, it's themes or it's story?

it does all of those better than films. and the best philosophy is in literary form. and poetry IS literature.