Hannibal

It's a bit late to talk about this, probably. But I have a serious plot hole I can't stand in this series...

How in the FUCK was he never seen by cameras? He both killed AND kidnapped inside a god damn hospital without ever being seen.

He drives around in a fucking Bentley Arnage and no street cameras pick up that his specific car, with his specific license plate, was following a guy who disappears the day after.

I love the show, but this puts me in all sorts of autistic rage.

Food bump

The books were written before mass surveillance.

What cameras? I didn't see any cameras and assuming there was any is naive.

But the setting isn't back in those times, it's modern? Wouldn't that ruin any possibility of realism to have it set in today's times but not consider something like cameras? They clearly weren't going for it to be straight from the books.

If he can carve some sort of virus in bone, i'm sure he can go around cameras too somehow. Slasher villain logic.

>>But the setting isn't back in those times
It is in the books.

The TV show was directed by a deranged faggot who didn't give a shit about anything so I don't see why you'd expect quality from him and his crew.

Well ya got me there. Faggotry ruins another thing I loved

Mads > Anthony hopkins

Mads is the best character in the show.

I think the guy who played as Will actually did better than the guy in Red Dragon.

Mads is still the best Hannibal though and completely kept the show going.

as far as Will Graham goes, Petersen and Dancy both played the character better than Fiennes, though both had very different interpretations of him

Cox was the best Hannibal, though Mads is fucking fantastic as well.

>better than Fiennes
better than Norton, i mean

and Armitage played Dolarhyde better than Fiennes.

Where does Noonan fall? While his Dolarhyde wasn't fleshed out all that much, he felt a lot more believable to me in the brief time spent with him compared to the other two.

Dude, this show has more plot holes than any I've ever seen. If you approach it like it's realism you're gonna have a bad time. I did that originally and it took me a while to vibe with its style. I think part of the problem is that the first season starts as such a basic procedural, and focuses so much on mundane plot details that it's easy to believe the show wants to be grounded in reality. Then later you realize that's totally untrue. I guess the show had problems with stylistic consistency.

he doesn't. the deciding factor is that Armitage simply had more time to be the character. Noonan is definitely fantastic, though.

Well,let me put you at ease, as long as cameras mattered he was considered as person of great dignity and social stature.
Only people that suspected anything was the most inner circle and only because he allowed them.
FBI didnt infiltrate him, he infiltrate fbi so they allwed him to join them.
Yes,its kinda magic, but he is smartest uman ever

How come almost every actress in Hannibal has hairy arms? Kacey Rohl (Abigail), Caroline Dhavernas (Alana), Lara Jean Chorostecki (Freddie), Ellen Muth (Georgia)... is it because they're Canadian?

Anyone else cry when this show was cancelled? Or am I too faggy?

Canadian women I hear ride moose and have hard cider in their veins. Many of them are even said to have penises with muscular vaginas beneath.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's why they're hairy.

You're a fag.

That's a shame.

Not really.
Brian Fuller wrote most of the episodes and created the show. He was the guy behind The Mentalist and we all saw what happened with Red John and afterwards.

He planned on making clarice a black woman if they ever got the rights to SotL, so I'm glad it didn't jump the shark and ended the way it did when it did. The ending was brilliant and most shows are lucky if they even get an attempt at an ending when they're canceled.

I had a hard time understand what the fuck Mads was saying sometimes because of his accent. Sometimes it sounded like he mumbled his lines incoherently. Had to watch the entire series with subtitles.

You don't hear me complaining. My wife has arms hairier than a Russian lumberjack and she can chop my wood IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.

Hannibal's a good show btw

Hairy arms are better than hairy pits, legs and crack on a woman.

>My wife has arms hairier than a Russian lumberjack
Pics?

I enjoyed the show a lot the first time I saw it, I was enjoying it the second time until I noticed the camera issue.

Mads does a great job, sucks that the setting had to be when everything he does is borderline impossible.

I've never seen the mentalist.

I'm surprised that Clarice would be cast as black given that they already have crawford and reba as newly-minted black characters.

That being said, I think that you're right. SotL is less of a story about Hannibal, although Hopkins stole the show. They'd have to get a hell of an actor for clarice to pull that off.

Hannibal was smart enough to wear a plastic-death-suit for his kills, I imagine he had ways of evading at least SOME security cams. That is an interesting observation though, that the books were written before the highest of high modern tech existed, and the creators of the show just didn't address some things. I like to think of the show as more of a dark, urban fantasy. Like it pretends it's in our version of reality, but we're given a glimpse behind the veil...

>Like it pretends it's in our version of reality, but we're given a glimpse behind the veil...

edgy