What's drinking like?

What's drinking like?

Lifelong sobriety is all I've got, born chronically ill with fun liver diseases thrown in.

bump.
is this what you animals need for a reply these days? tits?

Its Alright. Makes you forget how much of a shitty Person you have become and if youre lucky it'll even kill you

fun the first couple of months then the daily need for alcohol takes over and destroys your life

I need a beer..

Pretty much this, drunk af right now. Nothing special, just dizzy headed.

False sense of confidence and happiness then reality hits and you need another shot or 5

Yeah. Just the other day I bought a 24-pack and started drinking and like after 15 I was getting kinda tipsy, felt like I could go outside and socialize But instead kept drinking by myself... cool stuff

Do you do it for the taste or for the feeling?
What's being drunk like?

on paper it sounds terrible you take something that in moderation makes you a clumsy retard amnesiac and in excess can kill you,

I can KINDOF get social drinking, lowering inhibitions before doing something, 'liquid courage' and all.

I know i'll never really get it, but tell me anyways

An ice cold beer in summer after a hard day at job is great. A glass of wine goes great with a fancy dinner.

Apart from that, alcohol is not big deal IMHO. Getting drunk sucks. Hangover sucks even more.

Picture unrelated.

>An ice cold beer in summer after a hard day at job is great. A glass of wine goes great with a fancy dinner.

Wine pairing for taste I can get, but why the beer after work i know the trope, my old man did it. Doesn't mean i get it

The taste is shit usually unless you're talking mixed or flavored drinks

The feeling, everybody does it for the feeling. If you want something for taste there are alot of better tasting and cheaper stuff than alcohol.

And being drunk is cool, everything you do makes sense, you cant do anything wrong, YOU kick ass... for like an half hour or an hour then you start to come down and you realize youre utter shit

its a legal drug because it doesn't overlap with anything pharma makes money on, and it kills people in a cost effective way. just like cigarettes

checked, and that makes a great deal of sense.
thanks friends. knock an extra one back for your' dying user here.

>sometimes you drink only to realize your own shortcomings IE can't dance or the fear of dancing sober

>sometimes you drink alone to look cool and take the edge off yet it's really to allow you to crawl into that bed alone once again and share the night with your depressive thoughts until you passout.

>sometimes you drink to justify sharing a social evening with friends you hate but the liquor numbs those thoughts.

>sometimes you drink to have a good time and be social yet take too many and you become the fool no matter "how in control you think you are"

>sometimes you drink just to feel the sense of physical abuse, pouring shots to mask the boredom that encompasses your life.

>sometimes you drink to forget about love IE crawling into bed alone again.

There are more situations in which drinking is warranted in fun or joyous occasions but the dark times outweigh the good times.

Ever been high op? Smoked weed?

Fun, you feel happy at first, loud music is more tolerable, songs you got bored of are your favourite again. You get an appreciation for people and become more social. But then you start to spin a little bit, if you hurt your self you can't feel the pain, sometime you can't realise it's cold. Drinking too much isn't to fun, I kind of enjoy vomiting though.

Smoking is great, it makes me calm and its easier to think about my problems and find solutions. I wish they would even make it medicinal here...

Not OP by the way

I don't like to drink with friends cause it seems that everytime I do I get sad for some reason, whereas with drinking alone I just chill

I've been high once, i was a child and they gave me an overdose of laughing gas in a dental procedure. As someone kept alive by a steady supply of prescription drugs, recreational drugs never appealed to me.

The only REAL upsides to drinking i can see the social aspects and whatnot would be a lot harder to achieve with something as overpriced and illegal as drugs anyways eh.

not to sound like a total fucking tool but a steady mix of relaxing music and meditation can do this for you too.

I always smoke if I know im going to get drunk. You don't get a hangover the next day. Just wake up feeling like you had a good nights rest.

Not very toolish at all friends. I have tried meditation and stuff like that and it works to some extent but its over so fast you know? Feels like id have to concentrate on it all the time and I cant really do that

I'm shy so alcohol really helps in talking with people. Not sure if almost anyone likes the taste of beer at first but now it tastes great.
Being drunk is also fun for some reason, im not all that depressed but still feel kind of relieved and find myself smiling for no reason when occasionally drunk.

I used to not like the taste of beer, then I realized I was just drinking shitty beer lol.

the act of concentration IS the meditation for some, but with enough practice or something external to tune on on it can be second nature. music is mine. try the album electric tears.

i hated this so hard about myself. I had a rough fucking time growing up and it turned me into a snide sarcastic jerk who had a few friends but i was never really myself. by the time i was in college i realized i wanted to be a nicer person and better to people, not either silent or rude/smartass. forced myself to smile and socialize more. fake it til ya make it actually works because i'm way more okay with myself now. got me over my rude-shy streak anyways.

You might still be a jerk,
but you're a decent jerk, imo.

Hope you find happiness and contentment in life.

Well I hope i'm not a jerk, i've spent a great deal of time (just north of a decade) and effort trying to be as much of a not-jerk as possible, but i guess we're all works in progress eh.

you stay cool too, my dude.