ITT: Artists not even the biggest contrarians dislike

ITT: Artists not even the biggest contrarians dislike

>lists one of the most popular artist globally of all time

Minutemen
you need to talk to more contrarians

And?

That's the point, dumbfuck

I think there was a Who's Line? skit where Wayne Brady acted out a duel where James Brown defeated Michael Jackson. Drew Carry acknowledged him as the true king of pop and the audience cheered.

What is it like being too stupid to shitpost?

kek

Only because James Brown's music's even harder to dislike than Michael Jackson's. Seriously try saying "I just don't like James Brown." Sounds weird doesn't it? Everyone likes James Brown.

I mean, Thriller and Off the Wall are alright I guess. But most of his work is totally meh. Heal/We are the world are two of the worst songs that I've ever heard. And I fucking hate Man in the Mirror.

New Order

please get more perspective

Bad wasn't bad

I legitimately don't like DNotD but that's all I've heard of theirs.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they dislike Prince. Most rock heads seem to have Nirvana on a holy grail.

Does anyone dislike Simon & Garfunkel?
I also imagine most people really into music hold Neil Young in high regard.

I appreciate this post. It's so hard to hate on Michael Jackson because this man is literally the goat.

I'd also add Miles Davis and John Coltrane but I'm sure at the time at least Miles had his haters

It's really not that hard to dislike a kid diddler who's music ranged from bad to okay.

I mostly agree with you but Off the Wall is a great album.

Yes
Yes
ahaha
meh
Yes
go away mom

title track is 10/10 song

Nirvana gets really slated by a lot of people, especially here, and I think a lot of people say about 50 and older don't like them. Prince might be one of the few artists to be respected widely by pop, rock and funk fans alike, so I reckon he's a good shout. I think he's certainly respected even by those that aren't even into his stuff.

Same as prince, nobody hates D'Angelo

he's nice, but find him forgettable tbqh

He beat his 8 year old wife.

true but a lot of people also don't know him

Prince loses points for being so anal about the internet and copyright and stuff

which is a shame but there will always be male vocal RnB being produced. Recent favs for me are Bilal, Theophilius London, and Blood Orange

Tell me more

But now he's on Spotify so most people don't give a shit.

meant for

is that John Lennon? I hate John Lennon.

I don't like him. I find most of his music annoying as hell. It grooves, but that's about it

do you need me to fuck you? some tender lovin might help you appreciate MJ more

I could probably do with that, but I don't know that it'll change my opinion on MJ

I'm coming over

#
I'm not a contrarian, but not a fan. I don't hate it, but his music never connected with me. Well, I guess that might change

Praise saint Herbie.

Whatever happened to HERBIE NIGGA user?

He's closer than you think.

I'm not a fan at all, but I wouldn't say I dislike him.

The Pillows

he became the chart guy and then he dropped his trip entirely iirc

I dislike Prince

you mean THE most popular

D'Angelo is pretty cocky so I'm pretty sure many people don't like him including me

michael jackson is shit after off the wall or whatever the album is called. he hardly wrote any of his music and he's a race traitor pedo

Big Star

That is correct.

Trust me. I would know this.