NEET Recovery

Being a NEET has a very large political component, so I hope that this thread is considered relevant here. Are any of you guys NEETs? Are you trying to fix your situation?

I see the "wagecuck" meme a lot here, but does anyone really believe in that nonsense?

Personally, I'm trying to learn to code. I'm hoping to get some kind of codemonkey job--I'll even move to another state and take minimum wage if I have to. I just don't want to work at Subway or Burger King (again) if I can avoid it.

Personal failure is not a political issue. Try r9k.

Part of what contributes to the NEET phenomenon is political. A lot of legislation and policy lead to the sort of cliffs that make it hard to overcome as a NEET

NEET threads are always welcome. Fuck off third worlder.

I rather take tax money that would otherwise be spend oh Ahmed then pay tax money that would be spent on Ahmed.

Is that what you're doing now?

Learning to code is a good way to go. It is a line of work that education does not keep pace with the real world. Plus they don't graduate enough people to fill the roles. It's one of the few professions that you can still self educate in and get a good job. Godspeed.

Would it be better to get a BBA with a concentration in Finance or major in Accounting?

No i got money that i saved earlier so i am currently not contributing or draining anything.

I don't what to do desu. Having work and money is nice but paying 50% of your income to a government that spends it on making your country shittier as fast as fast as possible sucks so hard that i honestly feel that being a bum and living under a tree might be the superior option.

Its not like they are only wasting the tax money on stupid useless shit. That wouldn't be that bad.

Thanks, I'm giving it an honest shot

Any way you can emigrate?

NEET is a way of rebelling against a system that takes a vast portion of your earnings in taxes to fund causes that are unacceptable and leading to the doom of your people. Like mass immigration and a public sector jobs tailored for women. When NEETing you are leeching instead of contributing to said system, thus accelerating it's collapse.

I don't want to, i love the nature here and my family is here.

What does your family think about your situation? Would they care if you were a NEET living on Swedish autismbux?

>What does your family think about your situation?
They where blue pilled as fuck up to two years ago but they have started to wake up but they still think it can be salvaged and they do not realize the extent of the damage.

>Would they care if you were a NEET living on Swedish autismbux?
They would probably frown upon it.

Could be worse I guess--how old are you?
>tfw wasted a straight up decade of life

thread 404?

Don't fall for the NEET meme.

>inb4 wagecuck shill

No, most of you here are probably men. As men our minds will go haywire without purpose. Sitting around for a few days doing fuckall but browsing Sup Forums with your hand down your pants, yeah, at first it'll seem nice.

But days will pass, and time will feel as though it's gone by alarmingly fast. Next thing you know you look like a miserable wreck, your mind is not as sharp as it once was. The internet is practically a drug in and of itself and too much of this shit will fuck you right up.

Go be a normalfag if you can, only misery awaits you here. And form fucking hobbies that don't involve just browsing the web.

amen.

This makes zero sense. If you live NEET, you'll be fucking helpless when the system that's sustaining you collapses. Only the people with actual marketable work skills will be employed, and you'll all be fucked.

For context last year I fell hard into a depression and lived the NEET life. Felt solid for a while, but my brain felt like it was frying. Still wondering if I can reverse the damage.

Occupy yourself. There's a reason many people come out of retirement, they have no solid hobbies and learn that doing pretty much nothing with your day is no way to live.

Ok... Actual employed people (or not yet employed but simply anti-NEET) please give me your honest arguments against NEET life without resorting to feels.
I'm employed myself and have been working since freshman year of highschool as well as paid for college and my current car and apartment out of my pocket.

Even though the pro-NEET arguments seem retarded and embarrassingly degenerate, the counter arguments only seem like "muh honor, muh manhood, muh feels good to work for muhself," etc

It almost seems like these are just reverse psychological statements from actual neets trying to prevent the neet bubble from bursting or getting oversaturated like every other gold rush.

So what is it? What are some critical anti-neet arguments

me:
>25+
>been with trad gf for a decade (yes, 10 years)
>she wants to be wife
>I just realized that I've wasted years of my own life for no reason
>I feel like I've had a complete mental shift; no longer want to be a man child
>working out 3x a week, getting up at 5 AM and similar
>learning to code

I've been unemployed for like four years though. I'm worried as fuck and my tendies (savings) are running out. I'm starting to buckle, mentally, under the pressure.

Before, I didn't give a single shit, and I happily played video games all day and thought only about video games. Now I'm like.. holy fuck dude, what did you do to yourself?

I've taken the best of both worlds, I have a high paying part time job. I have a disposable income yet only work 24 hours a week. Feels good man.

what about benefits and retirement?
can you elaborate on what you do?

>Now I'm like.. holy fuck dude, what did you do to yourself?

Mmhmm, this was my realization too, especially after multiple days of waking up hungover and in such excruciating pain.

Living for nothing but idle consumption...months turned to days, days to minutes. It's surprising enough to me now that it's May of 2016.

Granted I learned a lot, found places with people who were as disillusioned as I was. But there comes a time when you get all that you can out of what you're looking for, and it becomes time to move on.

When you receive the message, hang up the phone.

33 HS drop out been a NEET since 2001 AMA

it's like I woke up from a years-long sleep--like that fear some people have where they're actually dreaming and just don't realize it. It's as if that was real for me. It's the strangest sensation.

I feel like I'm miles ahead of where I was but I'm so worried for the future now that I'm stressed as hell.

Anyone have any tips on explaining away a multi-year employment gap?

fuck

Say you owned your own business that failed

I tried learning code but people told me I was stupid, so I stopped. Basically my life.

I am "retired" for the summer. I supplement savings with a landscape job every other week, 60-70hrs a week. I spend my week off shitposting and looking into startup businesses

That's a good idea on paper but in practice I have to explain away four fucking years. I'm a decent liar when I've got actual material to work with but there's no way in hell I can (in terms of ability) lie away four years of nothingness.

What I was actually doing:
>community college on and off
>sleeping until 5 pm and playing battlefield until 9 AM

You're probably not--it really just takes time and consistency. How much time did you put in? If you say less than a couple of weeks full time, I'm going to slap you over TCP/IP

>it's like I woke up from a years-long sleep--like that fear some people have where they're actually dreaming and just don't realize it. It's as if that was real for me. It's the strangest sensation.

There's this spiritualist belief of the 'true self' and, while I'm not going to ramble on about spirituality (since I'm not even that spiritual myself), it can likely be interpreted as your true self emerging out of the muck and filth that you accumulated with your previous lifestyle.

At least, that's the closest comparison to your sensation that I can think of.

>be me
>18 just managed to graduate high school
>have no skills and really socially awkward so just stay at home
>no idea of what to do in future
it's been like this for about four months now, how much worse does it get?

>>learning to code
great, another illiterate nigger thinks he can code without several years of higher education.
more job for me cleaning up after your lot I guess.

In the process of NEET recovery. NEET for a year and a half so maybe I'm not a "real" NEET. Working on self confidence, working out 3 times a week, reducing time gaming, giving more attention to my hobbies and generally living instead of just existing. There's much more to life than NEETdom.

I've worked since I was 16 and absolutely believe in the wagecuck meme. I don't go NEET because I don't feel right taking other people's money, but the work I do is 100% fucking pointless and would be done better, cheaper, and faster if they replaced all of us with robots. I want to kill myself every single second I'm at work and get too drunk to be able to do it every day when I get home. I'm a NET, no education or training and I'm never going to do any job that wouldn't be done better by a robot. The only purpose of my job is to keep people busy and the only reason my employer and every other employer in the field we're in doesn't replace everybody tomorrow is the massive tax breaks the government gives them for hiring humans instead of going automated

>russian programmer
>talking shit
vlad pls

>Vino tinto Don Simon

My sides, here is what all the beggars use to drink

It gets a lot worse when you're in your 30s and you add a helium tank and CPAP mask in your favorites on Amazon

I've been learning programming and linux system administration stuff for years and have a couple certifications. I dont know where to look for employment though. I feel like all the empty years on my resume will really hurt my chances.

kek nice ad hom, groid
won't make you better at coding though

I guess I just feel like I was a child and a moron, even up until just a few months ago. Or maybe even now, I guess. I look back on the decisions I've made and some of the things I do and say and think, even today, and I cringe.

I feel like I've got so little time to fix all of it (and in practice I am running out of savings and a place to live).

>>have no skills and really socially awkward so just stay at home
>>no idea of what to do in future
Do something. Literally fucking anything--just go do it. Most importantly, do not do the same thing for a long period of time. My biggest regret is getting comfortable with my own shitty place in life and being lulled into this shitty state of going nowhere. You're so many years ahead of so many people--just fucking start now IMO. Even if you just work a shitty McJob part time put the savings into a safe investment portfolio, you'll have like $50,000 in the bank by the time you're my age.

Ad hom is where you attack someone's character and then shoehorn that into a half-assed rebuttal of an argument

I'm just bantering with you, you shithead

Also I do intend on going to school for this, I just need more time/money to do so

Another thing I want to mention is, if you have mental problems that interfere with your ability to function, fucking find ways to solve them. They won't just gently vanish one day. I dicked around thinking mine would just stop impacting me one day and paid the price for it.

Stress management exists for a reason. It's a practice in and of itself to make sure that your shit remains unfucked.

I need help. The mental health hospitals were shut down and the only people who get help are pink haired trannys faggots who are sjws wanting attention.

FUCK YOU WHITE MALES ARE PUSHED TO THE SIDE FOR AFFIRMATIVE A TO ON NIGGERS AND BROWN MUDD NIGGERS.

ON PURPOSE THEN WE GET BLAMED FOR SOCIETY CRASHING FUCKING JOKE.

>tfw my self-respect has taken a hit ever since my 'awakening' and so I'm bad in certain social situations wherein I need people to respect me
working on it

who cares...
your best learning years (12-20) are gone anyway.
your brain gets less and less plastic every passing year.
you either need to get to the top real quick, or get outsourced by pajeet.

its great you are doing something, but
irl something often turns out to be nothing.

>neet living off savings
>want to get decent at art because I know that I won't have a chance at that when I have a job or start studying
>didn't do anything for the first 6 months, was depressed as fuck
>finally started working on it, tons of video material, books, a tablet, charcoal, etc.
>finally feel better about myself, even though I already wasted a ton of time

Oh well...

>your best learning years (12-20) are gone anyway.
This is an exaggeration
>your brain gets less and less plastic every passing year.
This is technically true but the amount is not very significant, especially not in your mid-20's

Seems like you're just making every effort to shitpost, I imagine you're some sort of fuckup yourself or you wouldn't be so persistant with your shitposting

Once you fall in the neet hole it's nigh impossible to climb back out, depending on how long you spend in there. I see nothing wrong with being unemployed, as long as you can still support yourself and you are doing something with your life.

I have 2 semi-neet examples. I myself am going to community college cause broke and so I live with my parents. I had a job for awhile but it was honestly not worth the money so I quit. Currently looking for a new job but it's been awhile now and I feel myself sliding into NEETdom as I want to drop out as well.

Now take my friend, for instance. He took a semester off college and has never worked a day in his life. He lives with his mom and smokes weed all day. He is a neet. How will he get out of it? Well he's going back to college next semester and thus ending his neet life.

All it really takes to avoid becoming a neet is having something to do. The neet life isn't fun

I make decent money, mind the circumstances of course, while doing what I like.

about brain I speak from experience.
my last post was sincere, but go ahead, call it shit. I'm done with you.

>my last post was sincere, but go ahead, call it shit. I'm done with you.
You've done nothing but shitpost
>ur a nigger
>you're russian lol
>wow ad hominem!

ok, cyka blyat, we get it

>implying I will willingly give my body and mind up to slave away for our jewish overlords

nice meme

>trying to learn to code.
>hoping to get some kind of codemonkey job

DONT DO IT LORD NEET! Don't be fooled by STEM memes!!

s-suggestions?

>trying not to be a NEET
>get rejected from: Target, Walmart, Chipotle, Five Guys, Big Lots, and McDonald's

Some people are destined to fail

I'm a 5 year NEET, got a job interview at 2 tomorrow at a call center, hoping it goes well

To all the other NEETs, keep your head up & don't let anybody discourage you

But tomorrow I may be a wagie

How'd you get rejected from McDonald's? They even employ people of color around here.

How'd you downplay the five-year employment gap?

lad...

NEET and proud for 6 years

I've been a neet for a couple of weeks since I quit my shit job.
I forgot how comfy it is, but I do want to get another job soon.

On the bright side, I don't have as much money as I used to, to buy drugs and alcohol with. Kind of a bummer

I was a neet for 7 years now working a starter job full time for a year. All i want is to go back. Neets of this thread i wish i was you so don't be so gloomy.
Get your money elsewhere by any means necessary, i warn you go back.

I don't know, all I know is I hope I die in my sleep

>be me
>outta high school for a year
>no money for college, dont want debt
>poor family
>look clean cut
>going to be kicked out in a year
>put in applications daily, hound businesses hoping to get hired
>not even the fast food places will hire me
>literally nobody has hired me after a long search for a job

literally what do

>he thinks he needs to go to school to learn to program

How'd you downplay seven fucking years of NEETness? I need some tips on this--I'm gonna have to do it soon.

I'm not a neet but I'm recovering. I was a neet. Had a 5 year gap in employment. I have a job now but I just feel like a neet in a wagecuck's body. I just can't wait for my shifts to end so I can go home and go back to being a slob.

I don't want to progress or climb in the job that I have because it's just fucking miserable work, all the people I've seen in the position they would (and have) offered me are broken men. They work unbelievably hard doing incredibly frustrating work and the pay just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I don't know what my next move should be.

Hire someone on Fiverr to pretend to be a reference.

>neet for almost 5 months
>living off of savings from my last joke of an employment
>spending far too much on alcohol and cigarettes like a degenerate
>learning history and Russian as a way to occupy myself
>been reading more books than ever before in my entire life
>still live at home doing literal maid stuff, keeps parents off my back
>20 years old.

All in all I think I'm doing alright, will begin my university studies to become a teacher this autumn.

Fingers crossed.

he just came in here to be an elitist retard and funpost, look at all of his posts ITT

that's not a bad idea, but can't they do a background check and verify employment? And do people on Fiverr actually do that? lol

Don't take career advice from Sup Forums.

>not being an accelerationist welfare NEET rather than a good goy worker in the neoliberal dystopia of our globalist kikeworld anno 2016

If you're at odds with society and its values contributing to its perpetuation is not a virtue, lads.

top fucking kek, speak of the past, I made that image, believe it or not. that was a fun time, in hindsight.

>Had a 5 year gap in employment. I have a job now
please respond
literally nobody else is responding
how did you downplay this, man?
I need to know
>pls respon

I didn't intend on it

>trying to learn to code

Good luck getting anywhere unless you A.) win the lotto on the app market or B.) get hired by a company, which won't happen when you're competing with gluts of those with masters in comp sci competing already for "foot-in-the-door" wages/chances.

You'd be better off just going back to a community college or a trade school and doing something that pays well and doesn't take long, and has high demand (read: not pussy studies).

Yes, but what does your wife think?

I've heard this a thousand times, and I've also heard the opposite a thousand times ("just get a good portfolio going and you can get a job at a bunch of startups across the US").

Can you explain what lead you to these opinions? Are you a programmer?

Also, do you have any actual suggestions for alternatives?
>You'd be better off just going back to a community college or a trade school and doing something that pays well and doesn't take long, and has high demand (read: not pussy studies).

>buying into the hollowed out institute of marriage
I'm not that silly, friend.

Codemonkey- always the great unachievable goal of the NEET.

become a roofer.
>Money
>workout / tan
>skill in a trade
>???
>profit

Luckily the company I was at before becoming a NEET was bought out and moved overseas, so I just lied and said I had been working there up until June of last year. You're right, if I had let them know I doubt they would've called but I did what I have to do I guess *knocks on wood*

hahaha its a good one!!

refer to

You're wrong. If you've spent your time staying fit and participating in nationalist political movements you'll be perfectly positioned to be a part of the clique that will have all the power post-collapse.

>I just can't wait for my shifts to end so I can go home and go back to being a slob.

I can relate, as soon as my shift starts i'm already counting the hours until I can go back home. A lot of the time i'm already holding a grudge about having to go to work the next day, even if i've had several days off in a row.

I'm a black neet. I've seen the charts on racial differences and realized that I shouldn't really bother becoming a wagecuck. I'd only embarrass myself. I'll probably go pick up welfare soon.

I guess you're probably just memeing but you're missing out. What are you? Just a man sitting at home wasting away while the world passes him by?

Can one just become a roofer with no experience? How do you get started in roofing?

Wow, that's really fortunate of you that they moved overseas. Fucking hell, I'm stuck wrt this.

Military for engineering core

Ok, but what about the Youtube and twitch and related scene? Or freelancing or work at home?

My problem is I hear a lot of recovering neets here just say that they blew all of their time and fucked around. Yet oddly most of my coworkers and general peers in the corporate world would kill for more hours of their own time, not to just dick around but to actually pursue interests outside of work.

What I keep interpreting is lazy neets = lazy results (which is exactly the same as lazy coworkers doing enough to just get by but not really go far). But I don't hear many positive neet remarks or anti comments other than depressing stories or the smug wagecuck stuff.

It's almost always bellcurve extremity comments and anecdotes.

Can't tell if this post is satire... you're probably of at least normal intelligence if you're here and capable of the sort of reasoning that you just posted

(saged) How do you report a thread?

air force or what branch?

Generally:

Accounting - more jobs, better security, less pay.

Finance - fewer jobs, less security, more pay.

I'd advise finance only if you're particularly clever, industrious, and don't mind daily suit-wearing.

>I guess you're probably just memeing but you're missing out. What are you? Just a man sitting at home wasting away while the world passes him by?
I'm not missing out, I know what it's like to have long term relationships with pretty girls who want my babies. It's just the institute of marriage that is bankrupt under the current circumstances.

You can learn to code alone, but you'll code like a monkey. I only improved after working with actual professionals and accumulating some experience.

On a related note, I'm not a NEET but I basically have a NEET budget. I pretty much never go out (besides work) or buy crap, and just spend my free time on the computer. I'm starting to seriously consider why the fuck most people want a lot of money.

Embrace your NEET heritage, just occupy yourself. Seems like a good plan.