Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums,

I am looking to into Animal Collective.

Which albums are worth a shit?

all of them

What do you like now?

Not their first one where they try to make you deaf with white noise as you listen to the music you paid for

kek

>you paid for

Tell me it's not true

Also, FUCK CAPTCHAS I just had to fill in every square

MPP = SJ > STGSTV = Feels > ST > CS > CHz > DM >>>>> PW

The big four are Sung Tongs, Feels, Strawberry Jam, and Merriweather. It's interesting to listen to them in order because beyond the great songwriting, the thing that's most amazing is that they were able to make four great consecutive albums with four completely distinct sound palettes. Practically sounds like four different bands.

>MPP
>best AnCo
holy pleb

i paid the 20 bucks so i wouldn't have to deal w that shit.

spirit they've gone spirit they've vanished
sung tongs
merriweather post pavilion(this one's not that great but it has some good tracks)

strawberry jam has some fucking JAMS

>Anything that's popular is bad.

MPP=ST=SJ>Feels>HCTI>CS>STGSTV>the rest

STG is unbelievably overrated here.

SJ > STGSTV > DM > CHz > HCTI > ST > MPP > CS > PW > Feels

no anything that's full of filler and only has two good songs is bad

Just listen in order. You could make a case for any of their albums being their best imo, it just comes down to personal preference. For me it's Campfire Songs, although I didn't like it when I first started listening to them. The album that got me into them was Sung Tongs

>pretending it's not to seem like you're above "pleb" tastes
it's objectively their best, start with MPP OP

start with their first album like you would any other artist

>AnCo thread filled with stupid album rankings
>again
Why do people feel the need to do this

Have you ever seen a Radiohead thread?

Album rankings everywhere.

Start with Strawberry Jam,their best INO

>it's objectively their best
how so?

Ah, yes, only on Sup Forums is it considered cool to hate on a band's best work.

all the songs are longer than they're worth. would legitimately be a decent album if they weren't greedy fucks wringing every second out of all the songs

>objectively their best
>objectively
oh my fucking god I hope you are joking. and again I think it's one of their lesser albums because it's full of boring, forgettable shit like Guy's Eyes, Taste, No More Runnin' etc.

>Guy's Eyes, Taste, No More Runnin'
>forgettable shit
Those are fantastic songs though. MPP's bottom half is way better than it's top half

It's by far their best album atmosphere they've created. I'm not some pleb that listens to an album song to song. From front to back it's the most immersing project they've created with STGSTV a close second. Objectively, ofcourse.

>fantastic
yeah I don't think so buddyo

yeah not sure about that one. the atmospheres on Sung Tongs, HCTI and Danse Manatee are wayy more interesting. also nothing you said was "objective" so please stop

Sure it might be immersive. It's got a lot of depth and attention to detail with the synths and samples that they used. But their songwriting has been better. My Girls, for example, is a good song, but it is so simple compared to other songs they've written. At some points, the album is carried by the sound design and sampling, which is admittedly great, but an album has to have more than that. All that aside, it's still a great album, and like I said, I think that a case can be made for any of their albums being their best.

Why? Because you said so?

what I say is always objective

all you said was that they were fantastic. all I said was they weren't. you're as guilty as I am bucko

OP, ignore everyone in this thread since they have no fucking clue what they're talking about

Feels is their best album, listen to that first

i'll get a lot of hate for this but painting with is actually pretty good. not their best, but pretty good for what it is imo

the same gay song over and over again is not their best album. sorry

it would be tolerable if it weren't for the rapid fire harmonizations

how does if feel to be this wrong

You're the one who made the claim that they're shit in the first place, but anyways, Guy's Eyes imo is the best track on the albums. That track has the best interplay between the lead and background vocals on the album, with Avey's vocals bouncing around behind Panda's for the whole track. The bridge is just Panda style repeating the same lyric over and over again, but there's so much sound packed into it. You can listen to it multiple times and focus on something different happening in the mix every single time. My favorite bit of taste is that synth arpeggio that goes for pretty much the whole track, the ambient bits at the beginning and the end, and that off kilter drum beat during the opening. I don't know how it could be forgettable when it's got so much happening. Also, the bass is cool in that song. No More Running I can see as being forgettable since it's the only really mellow track on the album, but I like how up front the vocals are. It reminds me of SJ.

well I think that Guy's Eyes is a mess of uninteresting elements, the synths on Taste are painfully cheesy and No More Runnin is 4 minutes of nothing happening

What makes the elements of Guy's Eyes uninteresting and the synths on Taste cheesy? Taste is a large reason why I got into playing synthesizers myself

nothing "makes them uninteresting", just nothing makes them interesting. the synths on Taste sound like something I'd hear at chuck e cheese

Well I disagree with you. Guy's Eyes is one of the bands deepest songs speaking in terms of timbre and sampling in my opinion. It's a

>the synths on Taste sound like something I'd hear at chuck e cheese
that's just ridiculous

>something I'd hear at chuck e cheese
What kind of cult ass Chuck e cheese you going to?

>one of the band's deepest songs in terms of timbre and sampling
wait until you hear Centipede Hz

You're right, but Guy's Eye's rivals some of the tracks on CHz imo. Plus a couple of the tracks on centipede are bordering on tasteless with the amount of effects. It probably wouldn't even be that way if the album was mixed better. That said, CHz is underrated

step aside:

feels > htci > stgstv > st > mpp > sj > cs > dm > chz > pw

fpbp
found the pleb

>2017
>Hasn't listened to every AC album

Skip anco and listen to person pitch

who's that guy in the left?

>You're right, but Guy's Eye's rivals some of the tracks on CHz imo.

i see this opinions every day i wake up to it

panda bear

Literally all of them are great

i wouldn't call danse manatee great.

>it would be tolerable if it weren't for the rapid fire harmonizations
But that's what makes it so fun user

>It probably wouldn't even be that way if the album was mixed better. That said, CHz is underrated
Honestly this is the reason CHZ is the only album I don't like from AnCo. Loved PW btw, people can't into cubism and the hocketing works well to illustrate it.
I can tell there are some nice melodies and the songwriting seems solid as well, but I'm a pussy when it comes to that type of production.
It's like class psychedelic rock, it has all the qualities I love but the production puts me off for some reason.

Only piece of work from them I haven't heard. I'm saving it for a rainy day when I need to hear something interesting and having nothing else.