Iron man 3: $1,215,439,994

>Iron man 3: $1,215,439,994
>Civil War: $1,152,211,004

Why did iron man 3 more money than was civil?

>Why did iron man 3 more money than was civil?
>did iron man 3 more money than was civil?
>more money than was civil?
>than was civil?

Yes.

It was a better movie.

1. Avatar
2. Titanic

1) It came out first
2) it's a RDJ solo movie
3) Shane Black is a better director than the Russos

Nah. They were both shit.

Iron Man 3 was riding off the hype of The Avengers.

Civil War had to fix the tonal issues of Age of Ultron. It did, but the hype after the first Avangers movie was insane.

More people still believed that capeshit can be any good.

it's been out longer so obviously it has made more money faggot. why do you even care? you don't get any of that money.

Iron Man 3 was the first post Avengers Marvel movie. The world was fucking hungry for capeshit. That's why.

Iron Man 3 was following Avengers, the most hype film event normies will ever know. Civil War was coming off of Weekend at Memetron's, which while still fairly liked off of Sup Forums is still considered a disappointment.

Sequels on average, no matter how shitty they are, make a lot of money than originalish ideas.

This has nothing to do with this thread

what a boring opinion.

Sure Black is better overall, but the Russos did something really impressive handling Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and all those other heros in CW without it being a tonal mess.

Russos are better at Capeshit.

wtf im gay now?

so this is what he does when he's not laughing at Sluts

>handling Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and all those other heros in CW without it being a tonal mess.
But was the tone they settled for good? I say it wasn't. Civil War at times looks like a fucking fan film, the kind that nerds shoot at local warehouses except Russos had way more money to spend on CGI. It's expensive but visually bankrupt and that's fucking damning for a movie. Why would you be impressed by this?

Iron Man 3 at least looks like a professional production, christ.

this is more cool than anything they had superman do in mos or bvd

Simple..I still went out to see marvel cape shit in the theater back then..but Avengers 2 just made me realize all these movies are the same formulaic shit and you can catch the 15 minute grand action set piece later on for a fraction of the cost and be just as satisfied since you already know Wolverine is the best character in the Marvel universe and everyone else is a transgbt faggot.

Now, now. Don't say things we can't take back.

Tony Stark is a better character than Steve Rodgers in every way imaginable

>More flawed (human)
>Has a personality
>More international appeal

The original Iron Man was a great film and basically launched capeshit as a genre, the original Cap was silly as hell, audiences remember that and despite Cap 2 being better than the rest of the Iron Man entries, it wasn't enough for the franchise to get ahead.

>Civil War at times looks like a fucking fan film, the kind that nerds shoot at local warehouses

nice meme opinion.

Age of Ultron was better than Avengers though.....

It's clearly one of the best cape movies of all time

All time

Fuck no are you high or something?

>the most hype film event normies will ever know
That would be The Force Awakens.

Well I personally enjoy Age of Ultron a lot but most people don't feel that way.

AoU is more of a comic book movie. It feels like a full comic, but as a movie it's kinda bloated. I can keep up with everything just fine though.

Avengers was terrible m8, Ultron and Vision were based

capeshit exhaustion.

I'm not a fan of my villains cracking shitty jokes very two minutes

Meme criticism

Superman stealing clothes is good solid action? I think you're just gay.

Captain America: Civil War is a huge success but it is one of the least leggy Marvel movies thus far, and understandably so. When the movie requires viewers to be completely caught up on all of these characters from prior films, it's really just playing to the converted.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man were two of Marvel's leggiest movies yet because they built their audiences through word-of-mouth after opening weekend, and that was possible because audiences didn't need to have seen any prior movies to get into those. This is why Doctor Strange's box office fate will be decided throughout November and December and not so much on opening weekend.

this

patricians like myself stopped watching capeshit a long time ago

normies have only started to begun to realize how bad the movies are

Sup Forums is full of plebs and still discusses capekino

2016 is the year when movies based on Deadpool and Suicide Squad opened to over $130 million domestic. The genre is thriving.

because people in China love Iron Man

...also look how much more money Civil War made in contrast to Winter Soldier just because they added Iron Man.

Because Iron man is more popular than Captain America when it comes to the Movie universe?